Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New full crate NT DiD engine

Hi

My girl friend had her Pajero serviced at a non service agent. 30,000km service. Sump bolt came loose and lost all of the oil on the road seized the engine and now she needs a complete long engine or even a full crate engine. She has had quote to remove and recondition for 10K and they go up to 18k for a full new engine. The quotes go up in about 2k steps with 14k for a fitted crate engine. The mechanic that did the service says that he has never seen the car and as it was cash no receipt to save a bit of money she is on her own. Lives at Caves Beach near Newcastle NSW. Can anyone give her a genuine price she should have to pay and should she get a full new motor or recondition hers. Thanks heaps Janelle
    2010 Pajero VRX auto wagon, Cooper A/T 3's, 40mm lift, Lovells, Bilsteins, Polyair bags, Factory Nudge bar, driving lights, dual air cond, DVD player (rear) Hayman Reese Super Heavy Duty Tow bar, Bushskinz front/intercooler and engine sump, Polaris towing camera system, Clearview Mirrors, tows 2013 dual axle Jayco Outback Discovery Caravan. Redlec battery shutoff, Polaris HUD speedo. 400LMT Navman GPS. GME 88 channel UHF Radio. Bendix Stealth 4WD Disc Pads

Wow your girlfriend has a pajero too?

Comment

And an NT. Sorry cannot help with price but if not warranty I'd be looking at an engine out of a low k's NT wreak.
      Call a few Pajero wreckers. Let Google help you out there.

Was it the drain bolt or a sump bolt?
      .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
      NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Mate thats sucks.
        Did a quick search and found this. No idea what it's like . Looks like a rollover.
        May be worth a try to get a price on the motor anyway for a starting point.
        http://www.all4wdspares.com/index.ph...l-now-wrecking

best of luck.
        kerway
        Last edited by kerway; 04-12-13, 07:08 AM. Reason: spelling
        NW CoolSilver with things bolted on it. Some better than others

Comment

Originally posted by csimic View Post
          Hi

My girl friend had her Pajero serviced at a non service agent. 30,000km service. Sump bolt came loose and lost all of the oil on the road seized the engine and now she needs a complete long engine or even a full crate engine. She has had quote to remove and recondition for 10K and they go up to 18k for a full new engine. The quotes go up in about 2k steps with 14k for a fitted crate engine. The mechanic that did the service says that he has never seen the car and as it was cash no receipt to save a bit of money she is on her own. Lives at Caves Beach near Newcastle NSW. Can anyone give her a genuine price she should have to pay and should she get a full new motor or recondition hers. Thanks heaps Janelle
          First person I would ring would be the NRMA legal service if she is a member. I would then call the Dept of Fair Trading and then Tax Office. Pricks like this piss me off. Do you think it is because she is chick that they are denying it was even there. Did she pay cash as in folding stuff or EPTPOS and just didn't get a receipt? Name and shame I say (bitches and gripes sect of course) but these bastards need to be dealt with. Fair Trading and Tax office should be able to look into their suppliers bills to see if parts for her model car were ordered around that time. You can bet that they claimed them in their Tax so they should still have the invoices for them. Good luck.
          NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

Talk to the MTA as well.

Newcastle Herald would also be interested in this garbage.

DO NOT LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT!

Sorry these cowboys get my goat
            James

"I get knocked down but I get up again, ......eventually"

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for all of your help guys, yes two of my girlfriends and others I know all have Did NT Pajeros Exceeds and VRX's got to get a coal miner husband girls lol. We live the high life lol but we still cannot afford engines to blow thanks for your help, Sandy and Janelle
              2010 Pajero VRX auto wagon, Cooper A/T 3's, 40mm lift, Lovells, Bilsteins, Polyair bags, Factory Nudge bar, driving lights, dual air cond, DVD player (rear) Hayman Reese Super Heavy Duty Tow bar, Bushskinz front/intercooler and engine sump, Polaris towing camera system, Clearview Mirrors, tows 2013 dual axle Jayco Outback Discovery Caravan. Redlec battery shutoff, Polaris HUD speedo. 400LMT Navman GPS. GME 88 channel UHF Radio. Bendix Stealth 4WD Disc Pads

Comment

I don't get it....

Why would a 30K service have anyone touching sump bolts?

If the sump bolt has come loose why are they not claiming warranty? It makes no difference that it was recently serviced by a non MM mechanic.
                2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

Probably a mis-interpretation Paul.
                  I think they are meaning the sump drain plug.

Changed the oil, didn't tighten the drain plug.
                  It wouldn't be the first time it's happened.
                  2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
                  2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    Probably a mis-interpretation Paul.
                    I think they are meaning the sump drain plug.

Changed the oil, didn't tighten the drain plug.
                    It wouldn't be the first time it's happened.
                    That's for sure, happened to me when we had 15000k service done in Katherine, in 2010.
                    The vehicle spent 3 1/2 months in Mt Isa, before we got it back.

Mick
                    2009 Nt Platinum Pajero DID Auto Ironbark, BFG 265 65 17 All Terains, Factory Towbar, Equipe Automotive Stainless Steel Nudge Bar, Brown Davis 70L Aux Tank, Polyairs, Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller, Mitsu Brake Controller Wiring Kit, Dual Battery Redarc Isolater self made tray 80a/h Supercharge Allrounder, MMCS overide, Self made Rear Drawers & Shelves.

Comment

Best bet would definitely be a second hand motor from a wreck. You're essentially wanting a long motor to bolt straight in.
                      Get onto the wreckers in the area including the people in Revesby as per the link that was posted above. A lot of wreckers also do fitment but I honestly wouldn't trust most of them, not naming names or bagging them out but most wreckers aren't well equipped for such tasks.
                      97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
                      97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

Originally posted by csimic View Post
                        The mechanic that did the service says that he has never seen the car and as it was cash no receipt
                        Maybe a call to the taxman (or threatening it) about a mechanic doing cashies may be enough to get him to help you out.
                        SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
                        NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X