CB Mic mounting locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB Mic mounting locations

Anyone found a nice no-drill spot or supplier of no-drill mounts to hang a CB mic?

I usually just dump it in a cupholder but was looking for somewhere neater ...

Mine is the Uniden with everything on the mic (main unit is under the centre console).
    2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

I didn't install the UHF in mine, was already installed when I purchased 2nd hand. However the mic has been installed left side of centre console below the air vent. The mount would appear to have a base that has been put on by adhesive and then the 'mic clip' holder screws into that.

I'll try and grab a photo and have a closer look at it tomorrow.
    NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

Velcro is your friend. I took the knob of the uniden mic (same mic as yours) put Velcro on that and Velcro on the dash. Has never looked like coming of even with heavy off road use and its easy to grab when needed. And the best part no holes drilled!
      You can see where it sits in my album.

Comment

I have a GME all-in-one unit (ie display and controls on the mic) and mounted the mic holder using Clingtape Ultra Bond under the centre console driver's side air-vent. Hasn't budged in 3 years. No screws used.
        NT MY10 VRX DiD Auto (charcoal grey) with MMA towbar & nudge bar plus sundry other MMA bits including neoprene seat covers, Lightforce 170 Striker spotties, Milford cargo barrier, Hankook Ventus tyres on 18" OEM alloy rims and 17" BFG A/T KO tyres on 17" OEM steel rims, Redarc TowPro brake controller, DigOptions replacement head unit with reversing camera, full set of Bushskinz bash plates, Bilstein/Dobinson suspension

Comment

I used a Clicon (spelt that way) and it fits near the passenger centre vent, is fantastic and requires NO drilling, just well designed and "Clics on".

I've had it for 3 or 4 years now and they also had a model for high up centre of dash which I am now about to order for my iPhone.

try - www.holdmyphone.com.au.
          or Google Clicon
          I've noticed not all the 2 way radio brands are mentioned on their selection guide so you may need to ring them but definately worth while.
          Thier site actually gives a graphic showing where the brackets fit so you can select where you want the bracket.

If you want I can take a picture tomorrow and put it up.
          Last edited by The Commodore; 05-12-13, 08:47 PM. Reason: more info
          Regards.....Keith.

Comment

Dion, attached are the images of the Clicon bracket installed.
            The only drilling required is the actual Clicon plastic bracket to take the Mic. clip.
            Being plastic it's not a biggy and you're not drilling the car.
            Attached Files
            Regards.....Keith.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback and the photos. That clicon bracket looks the goods. Does it just slip in the gap or something?
              2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

Yep that's basically what it does.
                I noticed on the website there appears to be a tool that spreads the gap a bit but I didn't need that.
                Regards.....Keith.

Comment

I just fitted a Clicon in my NW. I noticed that it didn't sit flush adjust the dash. Rather there is a noticeable gap that I can almost put a finger through.

Is that the experience of others who have used the Clicon?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X