X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine cut out

Hi all,

Has anyone else had an incident where the 3.2 diesel engine in an NT Pajero
    just stops. No warning lights and happened shortly after start-up when the engine is cold. It has happened to me twice in the last month

Any ideas as to the cause or remedy.

Thanks

Tony

Hi Tony

Did the engine cut off occur on cold mornings in summer after the vehicle was left without cover overnight?
    If so check your fuel, with the snow this morning we had a failure to start. Not enough winter mix in the tank.

Cheers.
    2010 NT D-ID

Comment

Hi Keeno,

Once was coming out of the garage and the other the vehicle was outside but it was around midday. Both times the weather was not cold

Thanks Tony

Comment

Does it restart straight away or does it take a bit of cranking?
        I noticed mine (gen 4.1) doing this about a month or so ago and it steadily got worse then I noticed diesal leaking under the car.
        It was from a faulty filter that would slowly drain especially if parked nose up an incline and got so bad that it cut out if parked for a few hours on level ground.
        So what would happen is I would start the car it would run for a 30 or so seconds then just stop.

When it happens see how easy it is to pump the filter if it's hard then you still have pressure it might be something else but if it pumps easy you might have a leak.
        2007 NS VRX Cool Siver, Mitsu Alloy BB with spotties, MM towbar, Family Pack, ARB Awning, Duel battery with Optima yellow top starter, Bushskinz intercooler and sump combo, 2" lift with Bilstein shocks and HD Lovels, Ultragauge (Sold 2014)

Comment

Check the battery it may be on the way out.
          Regards Allan.
          2009 NT, 3.2 Auto, D/Lights & Light Bar, EGR mod, Sump and Inter Cooler Guards, Tow Bar, Bog Standard.

Comment

Hi all

Thanks for the replies/

It started again after a few cranks, there is no sign of any leaking fluid on the ground or around the engine bay.

The battery is less than a year old and cranks very well

Cheers
            Tony

Comment

Dirty air filter?
              2010 Pajero NT Exceed 3.2TD,SmartBar,Traxide USI-160,2xOptima D27F,Basha Batt Tray,2" Lift Bilstein/HD Lovells,BushSkinz Underbody Protection,MM Towbar,Redarc Tow Pro,SPV EGR Mod,Oricom UHF380,ANU200,18" D697's,240w 20" Lightbar,Airtec Snorkel,Rhino Pioneer Platform.MDC Forward Fold Cruizer V5 Camper Trailer-Wish List-Runva 11XP Winch,3"Exhaust, Chip,BushSkinz Rear Bumper Protection & Side Steps,Joolca Hot Tap,more money, more time,and, and,

Comment

That's one I haven't checked yet.

Cheers Tony

Comment

Checked the air filter and it seems okay

cheers
                  Tony

Comment

Do you have a chip as mine did this and the chip was at fault. Just a thought.
                    My13 VRX Pajero
                    MY17 Pajero Sports exceed

Comment

if it cutting out with a rail chip your exceeding the pressure limiter on the rail assembly chipit sell a high spec one

Ecu detects this as fuel leak and turns off the motor

Comment

Originally posted by pasniny View Post
                        if it cutting out with a rail chip your exceeding the pressure limiter on the rail assembly chipit sell a high spec one

Ecu detects this as fuel leak and turns off the motor
                        Or faulty chip like I had. Cutting out on idle when you first start the car
                        My13 VRX Pajero
                        MY17 Pajero Sports exceed

Comment

No the vehicle is standard no chips fitted

Comment

Does it happend under acceleration or idling

Comment

I'm going with a stuffed fuel filter. Symptoms sound spot on.
                              .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                              NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X