NT Jacks Beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NT Jacks Beware

Just used my jack for the first time, while it worked ok during the changing of the flat, it was when I wanted to lower the jack, it would not lower any further then the last section with tyre in the air. I had to raise the jack high enough to get a brick under the tyre then lower the jack, which still stuck in the same position and remove it from under the Pajero then drive off the brick. So guys/girls please check your jacks as they seem be on the cheap side.
    I will be returning the jack to my dealer to see if I can get another under warranty.
    Pajero NT Active DiD, MMC Stainless Steel Bull Bar, 9.500lb Winch, Overlander Roof Rack, Hella 4000 Spotlights, Uniden UH7760NB Radio.

The Quality of Pajero Jacks supplied by MM are Rubbish compared with LC and Patrols.
    NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

I bought one from Supercheap because I didn't trust what condition my factory one was in (purchased it 2nd hand and it was an ex rental). Best 60 bucks spent for piece of mind I reckon.

Comment

I bought one of those Alloy Floor Jacks as it Can get under the lower control arms and I don't have to get under the car either. A Lot Safer.
        NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbo View Post
          The Quality of Pajero Jacks supplied by MM are Rubbish compared with LC and Patrols.
          Dont know about the Patrol jacks, but the ones supplied with a 200 series are absolute rubbish. I was doing a 3 day 4WD course and part of it was to demostrate changing a tyre. With the cruiser on level ground we jacked the front using the jacking point shown in the owners manual and the wheel didnt even come off the ground with the jack at full extension. Useless.

MM arent the only ones to supply a crap jack.
          Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

Yep jacks need to be checked carefully before use. Had to dig a hole to change the tyre on the Hilux the other day because it didn't go high enough. I usually have a block of wood in the back but not that day...
            NT ACTIV 2010 DID Manual

Comment

Jack was replaced under warranty no problem from Mandurah Mitsubishi WA? Did a few ups and downs and seems ok.
              Pajero NT Active DiD, MMC Stainless Steel Bull Bar, 9.500lb Winch, Overlander Roof Rack, Hella 4000 Spotlights, Uniden UH7760NB Radio.

Comment

Originally posted by dundee10 View Post
                when I wanted to lower the jack, it would not lower any further then the last section with tyre in the air. I had to raise the jack high enough to get a brick under the tyre then lower the jack, which still stuck in the same position and remove it from under the Pajero then drive off the brick
                Sounds like you got air into the jack. Happened to me when i unscrewed the release valve too far. Tip the jack upside down, completely unscrew the release valve and apply pressure to the base of the jack (now facing skywards) with your foot until completely depressed and screw the release valve back in. Worked for me.

Or get the dealer to replace it, that works too i suppose
                2011 NT Pajero RX2 DiD

ARB Commercial bullbar, 22" LED light bar, Black Duck seat covers, Rhino roof rack, Bushskinz, 2" lift, Tough dog front, King Springs rear, Bridgestone Dueler D697

Comment

The jack in my Patrol was really good for a wind up jack, did it with ease and went plenty high enough. Will have to check out my standard MM one now.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X