NT & Timing chain guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NT & Timing chain guide

Hi all, as I'm the 2nd owner my pajero is almost out of warranty at 129,400 klm and running sweet

I'm planning to fit an egr blocking plate, catch tank and clean the inlet manifold soon with the blocking plate and catch tank 1st priority.

Tappets wered done every 30K at Mitsu Bendigo and also at the 120,000 service so I'm considering leaving the inlet clean till 150,000 as all is running fine but are nervous about the upper timing chain guide.

Has there been any failures on the NT models or do these have the newer design guide fitted which has proven to be reliable?

If the guide/chain has given issues on the NT I'll do a manifold clean and replace the guide at 130,000

I believe the guide part No. is MI-1140A026, can anyone confirm this.

Cheers Mark

Hi Mark
    i changed mt NT one at 150,000 klms just to be safe but at this mileage it had no wear showing and no sign of the nylon breaking as per the earlier model ones.
    sorry can't remember the part number.
    steve
    NT GLX DID AUTO. 2'' HD Lovells Bilsteins Polyairs, Whiteline Swaybars Prodigy3 ,Dual Battery Redarc Isolator ,Ultraguage ,Eazlift WDH.AirtechSnorkel,No Limits Chip,Clearview Mirrors,Donaldson Fuel Filter.Abr Battery Monitor,Oricom UHF,Arb steel bullbar,Arb 9000xs Driving Lights,Homemade Rear Shelf with Waeco Fridge Slide,Anderson Plug, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard ORU 12000lb Dyneema Winch,2.75 IN Beaudesert exh,SPV MK3

Towing 22FT IMPERIAL CHATEAU

Comment

Guide design was changed on the NS - however there have still been reported failures on NS. Changed mine at 175k from the original and had slight chain wear marks but no visible fatigue or cracking.

Up to you but it is good peace of mind changing it.

Someone here did a check on theirs using an inspection mirror but you will get limited visibility.
      07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates

Comment

There have been no reported issues with NT timing chain guides that I have seen, but its not impossible for one to fail. It would be a good idea to keep an eye on it, but should make it to the 150k km service with no dramas, so have it checked when the tappets get adjusted.
        Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X