Driver Side Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver Side Speakers

Hey all, just bought a 2010 NT GLX auto this week, high k's but has been well looked after.. she is just about to click over to 200 thou. Otherwise with my budget I would have been looking at an NP with low k's. Got a pretty good deal tho, so much so my insurance company wouldnt insure it for the price i paid, had to be more

I have a couple of questions, first one being the speakers on the drivers side don't seem to work. Have played a bit with the settings for the stereo, setting to either left or right, and it doesn't make a difference. Checked fuses but none seem to relate specifically to one side. I guess some wiring has come loose somewhere.
    Any other ideas?

Also I test drove another auto with 120 tho on the clock and it seemed to have more get up and go. Now I'm coming from a 2.8 hilux, so it could have been i just wasn't used to it the first time .
    Any pro tips on things to do to give her a bit of a tune up? Dad is diesel mechanic, so he will give it a look over, but I was thinking of checking the manifold for buildup, probably change the timing chain guide, check tappets, and give it a bit of a cleanout with this stuff Would be anything else people would recommend?

Cheers
    CJ

G'day CJ,

What radio system is in the car you have bought?

Don't bother with fuses for the speakers as there won't be any.

Firstly I would take the drivers side door lining off and if you have an old speaker hanging around that works just substitute it to test you have signal at that end.

The door lining will only take five minutes to get off.

The original speakers in the Paj are pretty well crap with plastic frames so if you find the speaker is shot you wont be wasting your time there and any upgrade will give you a proportional result.

If all is well at that end you may well have to take the radio out which again is not a big job but identifying the speaker wires will take a bit longer if you are not familier with that type of work. Ther should be plenty of info on the forum about wire colours etc.

Let us know how you go as you will no doubt get ongoing help here.
    Regards.....Keith.

Comment

Thanks Keith, its a glx, so its just the standard radio...

Yeah so had the door panels off, didnt have a spare speaker, but we tried getting some static out of it, and couldn't. Both the main speaker and tweeter weren't working, so i'd say its in the bowels of it behind the radio.

Funnily enough, it looks like someone has been fiddling, ALL of the panels were on wrong, leaving a small gap between the panel at the top and the window trim. it needed to be threaded onto the door panel, and sat onto the physical door itself, but yeah looks like somebody has had her way with her so probably stuffed something up. I'd love to replace the standard radio with one of those off the shelf after market touch panel from ebay, so this might be an excuse, and wait for tax return :/

Also looks like the auto trans fluid has never been replaced at 195 thousand which is should have, so we will give it a full flush, filter replacement etc. I'll start a new thread to get the exact details on how to do a full flush..

Cheers

Comment

It sounds to me as I suspected, that the previous owner has done what I often do and that is fit a better head unit and when sold/traded replace it with the original but hasn't paid good attention the wiring.

There's a fair bit of info on the forum regards removing the head unit, wiring and colour codes so at least in the short term it may be worth pulling the head unit and check the wiring for any 'patching up' that's been done.

Good Luck.
        Regards.....Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by cjp View Post
          (snip)

Also looks like the auto trans fluid has never been replaced at 195 thousand which is should have, so we will give it a full flush, filter replacement etc. I'll start a new thread to get the exact details on how to do a full flush..

Cheers
          Theres been a bit of talk about this - with someone geting info that normal use is every 195k km
          Last edited by jawk; 18-12-13, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cjp View Post
            Hey all, just bought a 2010 NT GLX auto this week, high k's but has been well looked after.. she is just about to click over to 200 thou. Otherwise with my budget I would have been looking at an NP with low k's. Got a pretty good deal tho, so much so my insurance company wouldnt insure it for the price i paid, had to be more

I have a couple of questions, first one being the speakers on the drivers side don't seem to work. Have played a bit with the settings for the stereo, setting to either left or right, and it doesn't make a difference. Checked fuses but none seem to relate specifically to one side. I guess some wiring has come loose somewhere.
            Any other ideas?

Also I test drove another auto with 120 tho on the clock and it seemed to have more get up and go. Now I'm coming from a 2.8 hilux, so it could have been i just wasn't used to it the first time .
            Any pro tips on things to do to give her a bit of a tune up? Dad is diesel mechanic, so he will give it a look over, but I was thinking of checking the manifold for buildup, probably change the timing chain guide, check tappets, and give it a bit of a cleanout with this stuff Would be anything else people would recommend?

Cheers
            CJ

I call this stuff feel good stuff it makes you feel good you used it the bloke that sold its feels good you purchased it it dose nothing but everyone feels good

Comment

Hah yeah my old man said the same thing. hence I didn't bother :/

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X