Bushskinz slider bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bushskinz slider bolts

I bought a set of sliders from a fellow forumite, but the mounting bolts appear to have been lost in transit.

To save a little bit of time, does anybody know what I need to mount them? Bolts / nuts / washers?
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Just did mine, each of the 12 mounting holes had:

1 bolt (~8mm, 40mm long, not sure on grade)
    2 flat washers
    1 spring washer
    1 nyloc nut

You could just use anything really, as long as they are strong!
    SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
    NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

Ensure the grade is 8.8....
      2011 NT RX 3.2DiD.ARB Winch Bar,Avenger 9500lb Winch,ARB Lockers,OME 2' Lifted Suspension,Poly Airs,58lt LRA Tank, Redarc Dual Battery Kit,Snorkel,Rock Sliders,GME UHF TX3340,265/70R17 MTZ's,Full Under Body Protection,48lt S/S Water Tank,HID Spot Lights,LED Light Bar,Custom Made Rear Draws,Diff Breathers,Diesel Smart Module,B&M Tranny Cooler,Dual Wheel Carrier,Rear,Camp Light,In Dash GPS,Coupler Tech,Tyre Monitors,Scan Gauge,3' Manta Exh,HPD InterCooler,RhinoRack etc

Comment

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
        I bought a set of sliders from a fellow forumite, but the mounting bolts appear to have been lost in transit.

To save a little bit of time, does anybody know what I need to mount them? Bolts / nuts / washers?
        Surely they'd use the same, or most of the existing, bolts of the OEM sidesteps? Although the Bushskinz mounting brackets are 6mm thick, so the Bushskinz bolts maybe longer the the original sidesteps bolts?
        Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
        Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

There are 2 longer bolts with my Bushskinz NM sidesteps. One for each side. I think the longer one was for the rear bracket. It had a nut welded onto the hole so the longer bolt was needed to clear the nut on the bracket to get purchase for the nylex to fit onto the bolt.
          Best to check all the mounts and holes on the car to see what you need.

Comment

I was going to say ask Kieron, but there again is probably easier to get a private meeting with the Pope, than trying to contact Kieron around Xmas time.
            Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

Is this sorted? Do you want me to look at the NS? I know they are metric and Nabs list sounds right.
              .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
              NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
                Is this sorted? Do you want me to look at the NS? I know they are metric and Nabs list sounds right.
                Hi Goodsy, I can grab a selection of M8 bolts but it would be nice to have size confirmed - if you get the opportunity.
                NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Hi Goodsy, I can grab a selection of M8 bolts but it would be nice to have size confirmed - if you get the opportunity.
                  Bugger.
                  NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Here are the OEM attaching bolts and one nut for the side-steps....

Click image for larger version

Name:	20131221_140138-1-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	968143

6off M10 bolts, not sure of pitch? With my calipers, about 1mm pitch. No thread gauge. So not a standard thread pitch??
                    3off M8 bolts.
                    1off 8mm nut.
                    I gather you'd be using most of the existing attaching holes? Have you got the sliders now Scott, or have you still got to pick them up??

PS: I reckon I know what Bushskinz are doing, if Nab reckons there are 12off M8x40mm long bolts, then you'll be putting the M8 bolts through where there were originally M10 bolts holes, with a nyloc nut (+ washers) on the other side. 6 bolts per side. So any high-tensile M8 bolt will do.
                    Last edited by Silver Streak; 21-12-13, 03:32 PM.
                    Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

Comment

Was just about to grab the verifiers and step outside.
                      Busy non busy day.
                      NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
                        Was just about to grab the verifiers and step outside.
                        Busy non busy day.
                        Ha Ha, I haven't heard that term for a calipers for many years Goodsy? You're not an old tradie, from way back, are you?
                        Although checking again, you've called them "verifiers" and not "verniers", for vernier calipers, the old school measuring system.
                        How'd you go anyway, did you get a chance to measure the bolts??
                        Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

Comment

Spelling mistake.Verniers is what they where called during my apprenticeship near on 20 years ago.
                          Mine are not digital so use the Vernier scale.
                          Callipers sound like something you use in a hospital.
                          NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Yes, I was a Fitter and Turner, as they used to call the trade, way back (1/2 a century ago) when I started my apprenticeship. So quite familiar with most measuring equipment. I think term "caliper" was because of the way they looked, both external and internal calipers.
                            These are the "flash" more modern Spring calipers...

Your "verniers", with the surprisingly, highly accurate, vernier scale on the bottom.....

Sorry Scott, for hijacking your post, I'm sure you won't mind, being a technical person yourself. lol.
                            Last edited by Silver Streak; 22-12-13, 02:13 PM.
                            Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Streak View Post
                              Sorry Scott, for hijacking your post, I'm sure you won't mind, being a technical person yourself. lol.
                              Not a problem Tony. I was taught to use verniers myself, but my eyes aren't quite up to it anymore.

I have an imperial set with a dial that isn't quite so accurate since it fell down a flight of stairs, so I bought a digital set a couple of years back - haven't buggered them yet.

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X