Donaldson 3 micron filter 99% efficiency filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donaldson 3 micron filter 99% efficiency filter

After researching micron efficiency of NT Pajero diesel filter efficency and introducing the P903316 kit to this site I finally got around to fitting a P903316 filter kit on the weekend. Life has been busy.

For more information : http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=34944

This kit has a nominal efficiency of 3 microns at 99%efficiency, flow rate of 114LPH. Donaldson recommend fitting before factory original and to change every 12 months. See above thread for additional information.

I've noticed a few references to 12mm barbs being required to fit this kit and wish to clarify that the 10 mm barbs supplied with the kit are suitable for NT pajero (with 10mm Fuel lines).

Again I'll state that I have no connection with Donaldson and that there are other filter kits available.

The Donaldson kit is a beauty and includes filter head, 2 filters, 2x10mm straight barbs, 1x right angle barb and drain bowl.

see http://donaldsontoolbox.com.au/files...l_Fuel_Kit.pdf for additional information

Additional components required include 500mm or so of 9.5mm fuel hose, home made bracket and a couple of hose clamps. The original inlet fuel hose is reused.

Hill
    Last edited by Hill; 25-03-19, 01:49 PM.
    200 Series
    AOR Quantum 4

I fitted this kit a few weeks ago and just drilled a new hole in the mounting bracket that came with it, this was so I could use the existing threaded holes in the NW Firewall next to the original air filter.
    My dual battery is mounted in the back, so I don't need to worry too much about space under the bonnet.

2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
    3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

HI

Great to see the NW also has 10mm fuel lines!!!!

I will also be fitting a second battery in the cargo area.

Hill
      200 Series
      AOR Quantum 4

Comment

Hi I'm chasing some advice on these filters? There's a new model the hi efficiency fuel filter which I think had a 3 micron filter is there anything else I need to understand before fitting one what about the fuel flow/hr
        And is there a difference between these and fuel manager branded filters? Thanks for any advice

Comment

Strange you say the 10mm barbs will do on the NT.
          On my NT the metal line from the tank is definately bigger than that. I had some 10mm hose & it came nowhere near to fitting this pipe.
          I had to use 12mm this also meant changing at least the inlet barb on the Donaldson to 12mm
          Just wondering if Mitsubishi changed the pipe size mid NT series?
          Mine is a May 2010
          May be worth confirming the size before you start the job
          Cheers. Paul
          SOLD - 2010 NT Pajero DiD Activ Mica Black - Safari Snorkel,T/Dog - 50mm Lovells rear, f/stone airbags, 50mm bilst/lov front. Ctek D250S. L/force 170's, Teko P3, C/Barrier, B/stone D697LT, GME TX4400, UltraGuage. ARB Sahara Bar. Bushskinz i/c, sump guards. Provent 200 & SPVi Mod. & d/son secondary fuel filter.

Check out my Photo Bucket;
          http://s268.beta.photobucket.com/use...60064201786735

Comment

HI Paul,

Interesting that fuel line size appears to change. Goodsy let me know that when he installed his kit he used 10 mm barbs on his NS.

I've seen a few other references on this site that lines are 10mm for NT and NW.

I take you point in checking fuel lines size before starting.

Lets see what others say.

Hill
            200 Series
            AOR Quantum 4

Comment

HI Watto,

I like the Donaldson kit as it is a little over $100 and includes2 filters. Racor have set the standard for CRD filtration in my opinion when they recommend 3 micron at 95%efficiency.

The Donaldson P903316 kit exceeds this at 3 microns and 99% efficiency. The filtration material is also good at removing water from the fuel.

Dirt and water are the killers of CRD.

Being an economic rationalist I'd go for the Donaldson kit every time!!!

Hill

PS See Pauls comments above ie check barb size before ordering. 12mm barbs are available from Repco if your filter supplier is unable to supply.
              200 Series
              AOR Quantum 4

Comment

HI Watto

The 114LPH filter kit will be fine for the PAJ.

THere is also a 374LPH kit with the same filter material available that has been fitted by a member on this site. This filter is mounted from the top of the filter head.

Hill
                200 Series
                AOR Quantum 4

Comment

I fitted a Donaldson P903074, cost was $113 +gst and $12 postage from filter discounters (great to deal with) + about $40 in fittings and some 1/2 fuel hose. So all up <$200 and that includes a spare filter in the kit too.

I went this way due to the 3 micron rating and large capacity = more crud holding and better flow @379 lt/hr

http://www.donaldsontoolbox.com.au/f...ssis_Mount.pdf

Will post some pics when I get a chance

Cheers Mark
                  Last edited by markc; 04-12-14, 06:24 AM.

Comment

mine is 09 GLX NT and is definately 12mm
                    NT GLX DID AUTO. 2'' HD Lovells Bilsteins Polyairs, Whiteline Swaybars Prodigy3 ,Dual Battery Redarc Isolator ,Ultraguage ,Eazlift WDH.AirtechSnorkel,No Limits Chip,Clearview Mirrors,Donaldson Fuel Filter.Abr Battery Monitor,Oricom UHF,Arb steel bullbar,Arb 9000xs Driving Lights,Homemade Rear Shelf with Waeco Fridge Slide,Anderson Plug, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard ORU 12000lb Dyneema Winch,2.75 IN Beaudesert exh,SPV MK3

Towing 22FT IMPERIAL CHATEAU

Comment

I did mine about a month ago & definitely 12mm (08 nt)
                      2008 nt gls 3.2 smartbar, runva ewx9500 winch, airtech snorkel, ironman / ome combo lift, smartbar, 75watt hid's, lightbar, dual battery, rear worklight, bashplates, catch can 65ltr waeco, 18ltr engel, ors draws/fridge slide, 58ltr lra aux tank ,blah blah blah!

Comment

donaldson 3 micron filter 99% efficiency filter

Hi, have fitted the Donaldson P551516 fuel filter to my NT diesel [had to get 12mm fittings. Filled the filter before screwing on--- a few pumps and all good. Seemed ok for first couple of runs, but now when starting cold have to crank for a couple of seconds and after a short run [ still cold] still wont start immediately. Have felt for diesel at all connections but all dry. Battery good and spins engine fast. No other work done on motor apart from the SPV-EGR mod done 1000km prior with no issues. Could it be sucking some air even tho there;s no fuel leak? Appreciate any suggestions. thanks, john

Comment

Hi John

Could be you have some air in there still. I'll be putting one of these filters in shortly and as well as filling the filter before installing it, I'll be pumping diesel through the fuel lines before connecting them - that way I hope to minimise the likelihood of leaving air in the system.

Cheers

Geoff
                          03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

HI John

Agree with above to check for an air leak. Also check bleed screw and filter gasket.

How you installed yours as primary or secondary filter (after original)?

Hill
                            200 Series
                            AOR Quantum 4

Comment

I Installed my P903074 as a pre filter prior to the original due to the new filter having a much high flow rate of 379lt/hr and expected bigger contaminate holding capacity being about twice the length of the original MM filter.

Clean fuel and not getting stuck was my primary concern. If it was after the factory filter I expect that would clog much sooner being a much smaller size.

Happy to hear from other points of view on the pre vs post fitment though

cheers Mark

Originally posted by Hill View Post
                              HI John

Agree with above to check for an air leak. Also check bleed screw and filter gasket.

How you installed yours as primary or secondary filter (after original)?

Hill

Comment

Working...
                              X