Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitsubishi Value Parts Alternatives for NT etc

Mitsubishi Value Parts

Mitsubishi Australia has released a range of cheaper oil, air and filters. These are made in China rather than Japan. In previous years MMA had Diamond Spectrum range.

Significant savings over their "Genuine" range - 40 to 60%

Additional information is required as to whether dealerships will fit these to vehicles under warranty.

For my diesel NT

Part numbers are:

Oil filter is VS000419
    Air filter is VS000448

Please note I have no association with Mitsubishi other than owning a few of their vehicles. I'm looking for cost effective alternative spare parts.

At this stage I'm unable to track down a part number for Value Part Fuel Filter- Help required. (I'm aware genuine filter is MI1770A053)

Perhaps someone with an NS diesel could provide their vin no to a friendly dealership spare parts and ask if a Value PArt diesel fuel filter is available and provide no to thread.

Please feel free to correct me if the NS and NT fuel filters are different.

Many other brands of filters are also available

Hill
    200 Series
    AOR Quantum 4

Originally posted by Hill View Post
    Mitsubishi Value Parts

Mitsubishi Australia has released a range of cheaper oil, air and filters. These are made in China rather than Japan. In previous years MMA had Diamond Spectrum range.

Additional information is required as to whether dealerships will fit these to vehicles under warranty.

For my diesel NT

Part numbers are:

Oil filter is VS000419
    Air filter is VS000448

Please note I have no association with Mitsubishi other than owning a few of their vehicles. I'm looking for cost effective alternative spare parts.

At this stage I'm unable to track down a part number for Value Part Fuel Filter- Help required. (I'm aware genuine filter is MI1770A053)

Perhaps someone with an NS diesel could provide their vin no to a friendly dealership spare parts and ask if a Value PArt diesel fuel filter is available and provide no to thread.

Hill
    What price have Mitsubishi quoted for the VS air and oil filters?
    Silver NT VRX Di-D

| ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | Cooper AT3 LT's | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

I paid just under $17 for oil filter - trade

Air filter is around $36 (from memory)

Hill
      200 Series
      AOR Quantum 4

Comment

ANy takers?
        200 Series
        AOR Quantum 4

Comment

Mitsubishi Value Parts

For my diesel NT

Part numbers are:

Oil filter is VS000419
          Air filter is VS000448

Hill
          NOT to be used under warranty!!

Comment

Yeah, MM dealers will fit cheaper ones and charge for the dearer ones
            Peter
            Last edited by Morville; 15-02-15, 10:44 AM. Reason: Added word

Comment

Originally posted by Morville View Post
              Yeah, MM will fit cheaper ones and charge for the dearer ones
              Peter
              No different to a dealer using Ryco etc. They are easily identifiable externally, make sure you check!

Oh, and MM don't service your car or own any Dealership ..........

Comment

I was led to believe the "value parts" are ex china and the std parts ex OEM mainly from japan???

I havnt bought both to compare but would rather use fleetguard if i was chasing savings

cheers Mark

Comment

ANy takers?
                  Bump
                  200 Series
                  AOR Quantum 4

Comment

Filters for NT 4M41 Diesels

A friend who is a TAFE Plant Mechanic Teacher told me he purchased original oil and fuel filters for the 4M41 which were never made by Mitsubishi tenders were said to be called annually. He cut these open along with the Value Filters and members of the class cut open filters from Brett's Filters, Ryco and Western Filters. He told me he was quite shocked to see what was inside each and only Western Filters, Brett's Filters and Ryco filters passed had one way valves in the oil filters and fuel filters excelled. He said the Value/Cheaper filters were exactly that "Cheap" filters and he has always said cheap means "worse" or not as good as. He was telling the story but I have always fitted Ryco and Fleetguard for my many years of servicing my and friends cars and most have really gone the distance. I have never had an "o" ring blow out of any of these units. Personally I don't think you can go wrong with Ryco. Remember during your ten years of drive train warranty you must fit filters that basically exceed the standard Mitsu ones. I am purchasing trade price from Repco who also give everyone 5% off if you are a NRMA or motor club member $39 for Ryco oil filters and I change my fuel filter every 20,000km at a cost of $53. Air filters are $49 trade at my local Repco store where they have always looked after me. 10 litres of Valvoline Syth pro is $90 as against the $180 I used to pay when getting it book serviced. Penrite make a lot of oils that exceed Mitsubishi manufactures standards too and they make great diff and transfer case oils. The Manager of Western Filters who sell full kits of filters, oil, fuel, air and cabin filters told my partner that he will cover any problems anyone had with his filters and I must admit they look like great filters and his kits are cheap. He also makes the best oil catch can for the Pajero I have ever seen. It comes with everything just ready to drop in. A friend did the job in less than an hour. So there are savings and better items out there if you go looking for them. My partner purchased a set of Bendix Stealth 4x4 disc pads for the NT Paj today, they are especially shaped to throw out any mud. Total cost front and rear $120 and that was not a trade price. $80 for machining front and rear discs and there is still plenty of meat there well within specs. $80 for four disc calliper repair kits though one brake calliper needed re-sleaving as it was badly pitted. He will pick that up tomorrow it usually costs $65 for resleaving a disc calliper but the Brake Service fit the kit at the same time and bench bleed them. Don't forget to bench bleed brake master cylinders if you purchase a new one or have one reconditioned or you can get into major problems, cheers MH
                    2010 Pajero VRX auto wagon, Cooper A/T 3's, 40mm lift, Lovells, Bilsteins, Polyair bags, Factory Nudge bar, driving lights, dual air cond, DVD player (rear) Hayman Reese Super Heavy Duty Tow bar, Bushskinz front/intercooler and engine sump, Polaris towing camera system, Clearview Mirrors, tows 2013 dual axle Jayco Outback Discovery Caravan. Redlec battery shutoff, Polaris HUD speedo. 400LMT Navman GPS. GME 88 channel UHF Radio. Bendix Stealth 4WD Disc Pads

Comment

Brake Fluid

Interesting that an NT already needs a calliper re-sleeved a/c pitting.

I wonder how well the dealers flush the brake fluid at the 2 year services, as my dealer only charged for 500ml of fluid, which would barely fill the reservoir, let alone the lines & cylinders, etc. Someone else mentioned this recently also. I wonder how much old fluid remains in the system? Next time I will quiz them on this & ask them to pump extra fluid through the system, as the fluid is quite inexpensive.
                      Pajero NX MY16 GLS

Comment

I just flushed mine about a month ago and used 1L and that ended up with the oil level at about half way, potentially I used more than I needed but as I was replacing my discs and pads myself and my car won't be at the mechanics for another 2 months I am happy to of used an extra $10 of fluid.

Ryco do a servicing kit for the Pajero now, RSK8 I believe is the part number and can be bought or ordered for about $120 at supercheap who do 20% off quite regularly. Alternatively you can buy that kit off of ebay for $85 delivered every day.
                        2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

Originally posted by grhyso View Post
                          Ryco do a servicing kit for the Pajero now, RSK8 I believe is the part number and can be bought or ordered for about $120 at supercheap who do 20% off quite regularly. Alternatively you can buy that kit off of ebay for $85 delivered every day.

Hi Grhyso,

Is this kit compatible with an NP 4M41 pre common rail?
                          Sorry if this is a dumb question. I put in my vehicle on this page and it says not compatible?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RYCO-RSK8...-/261854545946
                          2004 NP Pajero Exceed 3.2 DID

Smartbar | Pioneer BT/GPS Stereo | General AT LT 265/70/16 | Bonnet Protector | BTA HD Tow Bar | Rhino Sportz Roof Rails | Roof Basket | Sunseeker Awning | Thomas Air Compressor | ARB Dual Battery Kit | 2 Inch West Coast HD Suspension | Reversing Sensors | 22" Light Bar | BD Intercooler Bash Plate and Sump Guard | Boo's Transmission Guard | Roley's Skid Plate | Airtec Snorkel | Bushskinz Sliders | HPD Catch Can

My Pajero Build Page

Comment

Originally posted by Pilks View Post
                            Hi Grhyso,

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I put in my vehicle on this page and it says not compatible?

Doesn't look like it mate. Maybe different fuel/oil filter thread size??
                            Dicko FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
                            Having lots of friends on facebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...both meaningless.

Telegraph X camper

Comment

Originally posted by Pilks View Post
                              Hi Grhyso,

Oil and Air filters are the same according to the Ryco website but the fuel filter is different. The NM/NP use a Z611 and the NS on a Z699.
                              2012 NW Platinum DiD, 2" Lift, Bar & Winch, Driving Lights, Dual Battery, Snorkel.

Soon to be Ex- 2002 NM Exceed 3.2DiD, Lifted, PSI Powerbox, Bullbar, HID Driving Lights.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X