Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fridge Space with a Cargo Barrier???

Hi again,

In the planning of modifications and additions to my 2010 NT I think I might have encounted a problem, I hope it's not but I thought I'd consult the forum and just check.

I've got a rear cargo barrier installed behind the rear seats, it was installed by the factory and is on quiet an angle. I'm intending to install a rear shelf in the back that I'd like to put a fridge on however I am concerned that it might not fit as it seems like it could be pretty tight back there.

I'm looking at a 47lt ARB fridge, so my question is does anyone have one in the back of their Pajero's on shelves or draws with a rear cargo barrier? If you do could I know how high your draws are from the floor and if you have a fridge slide as well? If the 47lt is too big does anyone have experience with either the 35lt ARB fridge (It's a bit shorter) or ARBs 40 or 38lt fridges?

Cheers guys and girls
    2011 NT Pajero, ARB Sahara Bar, Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guard, Bushskinz Side Steps, 2in lift OME Suspension, Rhino Rails, Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform, Pioneer AVH-7500DAX Stereo, BF Goodrich KO2, a ton of Labrador fur, ...

Originally posted by The_Bat View Post
    Hi again,

In the planning of modifications and additions to my 2010 NT I think I might have encounted a problem, I hope it's not but I thought I'd consult the forum and just check.

I've got a rear cargo barrier installed behind the rear seats, it was installed by the factory and is on quiet an angle. I'm intending to install a rear shelf in the back that I'd like to put a fridge on however I am concerned that it might not fit as it seems like it could be pretty tight back there.

I'm looking at a 47lt ARB fridge, so my question is does anyone have one in the back of their Pajero's on shelves or draws with a rear cargo barrier? If you do could I know how high your draws are from the floor and if you have a fridge slide as well? If the 47lt is too big does anyone have experience with either the 35lt ARB fridge (It's a bit shorter) or ARBs 40 or 38lt fridges?

Cheers guys and girls
    Mate just reposition the barrier. I bought a mitsubishi/milford cargo barrier and installed it in my NW only to be appalled at the ridiculous angle it sits at normally. I just repositioned all the brackets until i could straighten up the barrier. The top of my barrrier now sits about 10mm from the roof lining now and is significantly more upright. I did this because I couldn't deal with the wasted space in the rear storage setup i was building. I can still put my rear seats in and use them, they just don't recline anymore. I've got a waeco cfx40 on a home made fridge slide and it fits with plenty of room (it does sit on the floor though, not on top of drawers)
    2011 Pajero NW GL 3.2 Auto
    Bullbar, spotlights, twin wheel carrier, snorkel, spv, uhf, 3" lift, cargo barrier, bushskinz, 285/70/17 M/T, 2.5m awning, Waeco CFX40, DIY rear storage, drawers, fridge slide & dog floor, Intervolt EBI Pro, 105ah + 65ah batteries, 65L Abber tank & 12v pump.

Comment

I have an MM barrier with modified top brackets to push it forwards. My paj is getting serviced today but I can throw my ARB 47L on top of my drawer tomorrow and take pictures tomorrow if you'd like? I also have the arb fridge slide if that helps.
      2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

My NW is setup with a 47Ltr ARB Fridge and MSA Drop Slide, ORS Drawers, a Half Height Cargo Barrier and a very rough home made box around the fridge. Photos attached hopefully give an idea of how tight the fit is. The rear seats are set at a comfortable position, not bolt upright, which puts the release knob tight on the barrier, but it works. Photo with seatbelt gives an idea of how how high the drawers are. Middle photo is clearance of fridge on cargo barrier.
        Attached Files

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4

Comment

Would repositioning the top of the barrier effect the curtain airbags?

Comment

Not the best pic, but I have a 38 Litre engel eclipse mounted on an MSA DS40 drop slide. My drawers are home made and a bit higher than off the shelf models. My cargo barrier is also a modified Falcon wagon barrier that I have cut and welded to suit. The rear seats can go back only one position.

The pic below is prior to fitting the MSA fridge barrier.

I am pretty sure the ARB 47litre will fit in the same DS 40 drop slide, so it should all be ok. You may need to extend the top brackets a little on the barrier, but I wouldn't think it will interfere too much with side curtain airbags, just don't over do it.
            2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
            3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post

I am pretty sure the ARB 47litre will fit in the same DS 40 drop slide, so it should all be ok. ...
              That's a definite. My drop slide is the DS40 and the ARB47 fits fine.

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4

Comment

Mine had a MM genuine barrier when I got it, with its steep backward angle it was hopeless to try and fit anything big in the back. Because I wanted to set mine up for off road like my old 4WD, ( I had to fit my 80 litre Waeco in) I set about cutting the frame and cutting a section of the grill out and putting in a in new piece of box, then re welding then painting. Just had to also make longer brackets for the top. All worked out well.
                Attached Files
                2010 NT GLX, RD lock, Smartbar, Warn winch, Uniden UHF, Piranha dual battery, Redarc Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz protection

Comment

Cheers

Thanks for the advice everyone it looks like I'm in the market for some extended brackets.

Any idea's where I can get one of these.
                  2011 NT Pajero, ARB Sahara Bar, Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guard, Bushskinz Side Steps, 2in lift OME Suspension, Rhino Rails, Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform, Pioneer AVH-7500DAX Stereo, BF Goodrich KO2, a ton of Labrador fur, ...

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bat View Post
                    Thanks for the advice everyone it looks like I'm in the market for some extended brackets.

Any idea's where I can get one of these.
                    I made mine with some 3 mm flat bar and just bolted the original cargo barrier brackets to them.
                    2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                    3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

I have brackets like Yclept, made them myself. As said, the standard position is stupid. I didnt go right forward, as I still wanted the 2nd row of seats to be comfortable.
                      I have a 40 Engel, havnt fitted it yet, but measures up OK to sit on the floor.
                      2015 Subaru Forester 2.5 petrol CVT. (Missus car)
                      Just got an NS DID manual (my car) SOLD.
                      2014 Subaru Outback diesel, CVT. Mine

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X