Annoying Beeping from Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying Beeping from Dash

Have owned my 2010 NT GLS 3.2 for 18 months and I've got an annoying electronic beep that is driving me insane.
    At this stage it hasn't happened when towing our van.
    Usually occurs when on the open road only, the only time I can guarantee it occurs is; cruising on the highway or freeway at 90 to 95kph then accelerating to the speed limit either to pass someone or climb a hill and then it goes off, for anything from 5 beeps to 30 beeps every 10 seconds or so.
    No illumination of and warning lights or engine management errors.
    It has been impossible to clearly identify where it is coming from, the passengers say it is coming from the drivers side, as a driver it sounds to be more central.
    Hoping someone has encountered this and can steer me in the right direction.
    Many thanks in advance for any suggests you may have.
    If all fails I'll have a
    Last edited by Little Devil; 16-09-19, 11:10 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    NT GLS 3.2lt Diesel 5sp Auto (with AutoMate) , ARB Steel Winch Bar, Narva Driving Lights, Front LED Lightbar, Solar Panel, Uniden CB, Awning, Donaldson Diesel Post-Filter, Bridgestone A/T Tyres + a set of Bridgestone H/T for town work.

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people.

Is itthe seat belt warning alarm by any chance?
    2013 NW GLX-R Factory Locker, TC mod,Dual Battery, 240V inverter, Anderson Plug, Fire Extinguisher. GME TX3500 UHF Radio, MM Alloy Bar, ORU 12000lb Winch,EGR mod, Fancy wheels, 33" Pirelli ATR Tyres, LRA Aux tank, Custom bash plates & Rock sliders, Ultra Gauge, ARB Compressor, LED Light bar, little mods around the cabin. Kings Std Ratecoils & Ultimate Shocks, Firestone HP airbags, Airteck Snorkel, Hema 6. Towing: Starcraft outback

Comment

A couple of threads below to read through and may assist in identifying. Copy and paste below i to a google search.

pajero nt warning beep site:www2.pajeroclub.com.au
      2008 NS X SWB DiD auto in cool silver, Pirelli Scorpion ATR's, MCC bull bar with Stedi Summit fog/DRL's, Airtec(TJM) snorkel.

Previously
      88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
      92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
      92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
      95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
      99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit

Comment

If it’s a Japanese import it could be a speed alert which I think comes on at 105km/hr.

Comment

Annoying beep

Hi, I have had this problem as well. It was random and could beep several times per minute or twenty minutes between beeps. I noticed it tended to occur after about 20 to 30 minutes into a trip. Been to an auto electrician about three times to try and fix it. The electrician has bypassed the seat belt switch and this has reduced the frequency of the beeping but not eliminated it entirely. Have noticed I get the beep when going over speed bumps or corrugations. Loose connection somewhere? Could it be traction control momentarily fooled by wheel lifting off the ground? Cannot find that buzzer. Thought I found it and disconnected buzzer/horn relay but did not stop the beep (went over a speed bump to test it).
          Regards Barry
          FIRST Post NT 3.8L Pajero, the usual-engine, four wheels, etc

Comment

Any chance its the brake alarm due to binding in the brakes? This could cause brake compoonents to heat up slowly over time eventually triggering the alarm.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Annoying beep

Hi,

I had not considered that possibility (brake) but I think it is unlikely. I have an aftermarket TPMS fitted which also indicates temperature of each tire. There is only about a two to three degree spread in temperature between the tires. I would suspect a binding brake would generate more of a difference.

Has anyone found where the beeper/buzzer is located? I have searched this forum months ago- some indicate it is in the instrument cluster, other posts say it is in the footwell. I have yet to positively identify it. When I do I will put a switch in line with it ( same beeper might be used for reversing sensors which I find useful).

One post mentioned a beep due to a door switch not closing. This would correlate with the beep when hitting speed bumps.

Regards
              Barry
              2010 NT RX 3.8L automatic

Comment

I assume you are not seeing any dash warning lights when this occurs?
                If none, I would suggest it isn't any of the important warnings that have lights.
                Even the seat belt nanny in my car has a light, although a momentary warning may not be long enough for a light to illuminate - perhaps have a close look at night if you can make it play up on some bumps?

Interesting that the beep reduced when the seat belt nanny was disconnected - makes me suspect it is related to that system - I'd focus on checking that circuit in detail.

Disconnecting the alarm beeper may have other consequences, eg, if it also sounds for other warnings, eg, HBB failure (although this is very loud, I wonder if it a developing issue from something like that? How loud is the beep - is it the same volume as the seatbelt nanny when it is connected?)

The door switch theory may have some merit - you could try disconnecting that circuit (pull the fuse?) or put a bit of thick tape where each switch touches the door to see if anything changes? Push each switch in & out watching for any flickering in the dash door indicator lights (no good watching the interior lights due to the delay built in)
                Pajero NX MY16 GLS

Comment

Annoying beep

Thanks for the suggestions spot01. The beep is the "normal" beep. I also get the same beep when I turn off the ignition and exit the vehicle which I presume happens with all Pajeros. Unfortunately I am 3000 km away from my vehicle and will be for a couple of more weeks so it will be some time before I can test out your suggestions.

Regards
                  Barry
                  2010 NT RX 3.8L automatic

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo2 View Post
                    Is itthe seat belt warning alarm by any chance?
                    I was just going to say that - that is what it will be lol Michael
                    2010 Pajero VRX auto wagon, Cooper A/T 3's, 40mm lift, Lovells, Bilsteins, Polyair bags, Factory Nudge bar, driving lights, dual air cond, DVD player (rear) Hayman Reese Super Heavy Duty Tow bar, Bushskinz front/intercooler and engine sump, Polaris towing camera system, Clearview Mirrors, tows 2013 dual axle Jayco Outback Discovery Caravan. Redlec battery shutoff, Polaris HUD speedo. 400LMT Navman GPS. GME 88 channel UHF Radio. Bendix Stealth 4WD Disc Pads

Comment

Annoying beep

Hi, have tested the door switch theory. I opened a door whilst in motion but there was no beeping. The beeps are becoming fewer with time. Perhaps I am not noticing them as much.

Barry
                      NT Pajero

Comment

Well everyone has been helpful to a certain degree. Last weekend I went away and I'm now 100% sure it is speed related so I reckon "benckj" is spot on.
                        The alarm comes on around 103kph on the GPS.
                        Still unable to find the alarm location, if I could I would change it out for a LED light.
                        Seeing a light come on would be less frustrating than this annoying alarm, travelling on cruise control at a speed low enough to alleviate the ringing in my ears is nearly as frustrating as not making a mile.
                        Hopefully someone has the location of this chime!
                        NT GLS 3.2lt Diesel 5sp Auto (with AutoMate) , ARB Steel Winch Bar, Narva Driving Lights, Front LED Lightbar, Solar Panel, Uniden CB, Awning, Donaldson Diesel Post-Filter, Bridgestone A/T Tyres + a set of Bridgestone H/T for town work.

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Devil View Post
                          Well everyone has been helpful to a certain degree. Last weekend I went away and I'm now 100% sure it is speed related so I reckon "benckj" is spot on.
                          The alarm comes on around 103kph on the GPS.
                          Still unable to find the alarm location, if I could I would change it out for a LED light.
                          Seeing a light come on would be less frustrating than this annoying alarm, travelling on cruise control at a speed low enough to alleviate the ringing in my ears is nearly as frustrating as not making a mile.
                          Hopefully someone has the location of this chime!
                          Try removing the jumper connector under the steering wheel see below

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_25171.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	1068020
                          Attached Files
                          Amateur Landscape Photographer
                          https://www.facebook.com/darknstormyimages/
                          | Mitsubishi Pajero NT RX Dec 2010 3.2L Turbo DID Auto | Cool Silver | SPV EGR Module Mk3.1 | Factory Nudge Bar, King's 9inch LED Spotties | Old Man Emu Shocks | King Springs 2" Lift
                          | FuelMaster filter & water trap | Dual Battery, Acdelco 82Ah | Redarc solenoid | Rhino Vortex Roof Racks | Adventure Kings Awening | Bright Blue Interior Lights | Engel 40lt | BT OB2II to Android Monitoring | Octane Tinting

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X