Jump starting using a potable pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
    Yes, I've still got a set of jumper leads in the car, just because I've had them forever and may as well leave them there.
    Not very handy though without another battery, i like the little pack thing idea myself
    Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16

Comment

I have an aux battery too. But the only time I tried using it, the thing wouldn't crank it over.
      2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, I have gone with the Teckpow 1500. Better than the kings by the look, thanks Ian H
        cheers
        Muzza
        2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
        2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
        2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

At least you know it works !
          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.

Comment

The unit turned up , once charged I took it to work and it started a 4lt BA Falcon with a dead battery, ( not even a dash light) in a instant, so I’m happy,
            cheers
            Muzza
            2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
            2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
            2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

Good to hear. Because they sit in the car and don't get used often, I cycle mine by charging up an iPad and phone every so often. Then recharge and back in the car.

Comment

I have the old style Sealed Lead Acid battery jump starter. My battery died this week, and even though it was fully charged, the jump starter would not charge the car battery enough to turn the engine over. I had 8.8 volts in the car battery before I tried to start it, so the battery was well and truly dead. Funny though - the 4 amp trickle charger managed to get enough charge in it to start it, and I drove downtown to get a new battery. When I got there, I instinctively turned the engine off. I then went into the shop and the place was closed up! So out came the jump starter again, but no go again - it wouldn't kick the engine over, even though by then it was warmed up a bit. Luckily, the battery man had gone out for a coffee and came back in time to fit a new battery for me. I asked him to check the jump starter, and he said it was OK, but I have some severe reservations about it now. Pity, because it has a compressor in it as well and this is handy to pump up trailer tyres. I think I may have to invest in one of these newer designs.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X