Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra guage MX position and connection point

I am about to purchase a "Ultra guage MX " and would like to know
    1. Where is the connection point located once positioned.?
    2. Where are people locating the guage on the dash? Any photos would be helpful please

Thank in advance
    2" lift kit, SVP EGR mod, Roley rear bash plate, LED interior lighting, spare wheel lift, Uniden UHF, Poly Air bags, 2100 mm Rhino Roof rack on Rhino rails, Rear drawers, LED reversing lights

Just on left hand side of steering wheel under dash. Plug from Ultragauge plugs in there. Photo of where I have mounted mine on NW.Click image for larger version

Name:	Ultragauge mounting_1024x768.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	1071896
    Dicko FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
    Having lots of friends on facebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...both meaningless.

Telegraph X camper

Comment

Is that just double sided tape that comes on the bottom of the bracket, any problems in the heat, i guees not ?
      Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16

Comment

I made a bracket out of 3mm aluminium that attaches to the dash with double sided tape and has a cut down Ultragauge clip epoxy glued to it. The bracket means that the Ultragauge is within easy sight, does not obstruct any factory gauges, screens or buttons. I also painted the bracket satin black to help it not be as obvious.

The ‘connection point’ is the OBD11 connector under the dash between the steering column and the centre console.

Silver NT VRX Di-D

| ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | Cooper AT3 LT's | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

Mine's in the same spot as Dicko and the TPMS sits behind it.
          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
            Mine's in the same spot as Dicko and the TPMS sits behind it.
            My TPMS is also behind the Ultragauge and on the dashboard. Both are very easy to read and I rely on the Ultragauge for my speed reading. Factory speedo is not accurate and not as easy to read as the digital Ultragauge.

Dicko FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
            Having lots of friends on facebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...both meaningless.

Telegraph X camper

Comment

I notice the scanguage is less obtrusive in size that the ultraguage although the Ultraguage seems very popular.
              any negatives re scanguage?
              2" lift kit, SVP EGR mod, Roley rear bash plate, LED interior lighting, spare wheel lift, Uniden UHF, Poly Air bags, 2100 mm Rhino Roof rack on Rhino rails, Rear drawers, LED reversing lights

Comment

Originally posted by jhale101 View Post
                I notice the scanguage is less obtrusive in size that the ultraguage although the Ultraguage seems very popular.
                any negatives re scanguage?
                Had a scan gauge and found it very hard to read with it's small screen. Also found it fiddly to operate. Been running Torque Pro for years on an old phone and a tablet. .

Ultra gauge looks pretty good. Torque costs less than $30 to download. No idea the cost of Ultragauge.

Ultimately it's your decision what you purchase.

Comment

Bit of a discussion on here about scangauge or ultragauge

https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/forum...-or-ultraguage

For what it's worth, I have an ultragauge. Liked the look of the larger display. I find it easy to see with a quick glance. Mounted pretty much the same as dicko.
                  2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent catch can, Boos bash plates, Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, fridge slide, kings springs, Dunlop ATG3s, Auto-mate, ultragauge, more to come...

Comment

I have a Scan-gauge II because at the time this was the only option, if I was to buy again it would be an Ultra-gauge because the display is easier to read in daylight with sunglasses on and you can set alarms which means you do not need to remember monitor it.

OJ.
                    Last edited by old Jack; 1 week ago. Reason: spelling correction
                    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

I second OJ about the Ultragauge. I have the Scangauge and whilst it is good, I believe the Ultragauge is better because you can display more parameters and can set alarms.

Comment

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post

My TPMS is also behind the Ultragauge and on the dashboard. Both are very easy to read and I rely on the Ultragauge for my speed reading. Factory speedo is not accurate and not as easy to read as the digital Ultragauge.
                        I had Torque Pro on the phone before the Ultra Gauge but I just didn't want to trust it to reset codes when I'm in the outback so went for the better option. Now I use it all the time to monitor transmission temp with Auto Mate.

Dicko....doesn't the Ultragauge read speed the same as the factory speedo ? So while it's easier to read on the UG, isn't it still adjusted to read over ?

I have a GPS unit for speed reading and agree about the factory gauge in the dash, it's hard to read accurately while driving.
                        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.

Comment

...doesn't the Ultragauge read speed the same as the factory speedo ? So while it's easier to read on the UG, isn't it still adjusted to read over ?
                          My ultragauge seems to display the correct speed, different to the factory speedo, not sure why At 100 kmh the speedo reads about 104, checked with GPS, ultragauge reads 100 and as a bonus is easier to see.
                          2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent catch can, Boos bash plates, Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, fridge slide, kings springs, Dunlop ATG3s, Auto-mate, ultragauge, more to come...

Comment

I'll check it against the GPS speed next time I go out.

Comment

I'll check it against the GPS speed next time I go out.
                              It's been a while since I toyed with my Ultragauge but from memory the distance calibration affects the speed reading.
                              Unless newer versions than mine don't require calibration. Dunno.
                              2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X