X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is covered in 5 Year Warranty?

Hi there

First post, but love the forum.
    I recently purchased a 2011 NT Exceed and required a Roadworthy Certificate. It failed the inspection due to leaking Rocker Cover gasket.

I took it to the dealer and he said this was not covered under the 5 year warranty. The car has only done 41K. He then proceeded to charge me $300 to replace it.

I rang MMAL and they said it was up to the dealer to contact them for that issue and it was their decision.

How can that be right. It's either covered or it is not. It's not exactly a wearable component like tyres or windscreen wiper blades. It makes me wonder what exactly is under warranty.

Has anyone had similar problems with their warranty?

Not Happy!!!
    "How much is that Gorilla in the window?"
    ===============================
    2011 NT Pajero Exceed

Welcome to the forums.

I do not think that Rocker Cover gaskit leak will be covered under warranty. But I am sure that it would have been cheaper to fix it at same workshop who tested your car for RWC.

Why did you purchased it without RWC??
    Current Ride: Black 07 VR-X, V6 - 3.8L,

Mods:
    a) EXTNIX - 7" Touch Screen DVD / GPS / Bluetooth / iPhone Unit with color HD Reverse Cam.
    b) EXTNIX - Headrest HD DVD players with Touch Screen.
    c) EXTNIX - HD 1080p Dash Cam with GPS Tracking

Commercial Website: www.extnix.com.au

Comment

I would of thought it would be covered?
      has it had the valves checked by someone other than MM? if you have the service history?

If the valves were done by an mit dealer then I would be quite annoyed they didn't cover it. if done by a private then they can say the seal was not installed correctly or aftermarket seal used etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by msman View Post
        If the valves were done by an mit dealer then I would be quite annoyed they didn't cover it. if done by a private then they can say the seal was not installed correctly or aftermarket seal used etc etc.
        Good point
        Current Ride: Black 07 VR-X, V6 - 3.8L,

Mods:
        a) EXTNIX - 7" Touch Screen DVD / GPS / Bluetooth / iPhone Unit with color HD Reverse Cam.
        b) EXTNIX - Headrest HD DVD players with Touch Screen.
        c) EXTNIX - HD 1080p Dash Cam with GPS Tracking

Commercial Website: www.extnix.com.au

Comment

Dealers will always try to fob you off and make a buck in the process. Get your facts straight before approaching them and be prepared not to take no for an answer.

Also be prepared to push to the manufacturer and you always have Fair Trading and the ACCC if you fail to get satisfaction (as long as you have a genuine case).

I've had seven stereos in my 4 year old Suzuki , so persistence pays off.

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4

Comment

Thanks Guys

Good points - I will pester MMAL to make sure they give me an answer on "Why it is not covered?"
            Who knows they may get so sympathetic they will fix it for free....

I purchased the car interstate so required a VICROADS roadworthy. The seller had a NSW Roadworthy.
            Next time I will know better
            Last edited by Magilla Gorilla; 11-06-13, 09:03 PM.
            "How much is that Gorilla in the window?"
            ===============================
            2011 NT Pajero Exceed

Comment

My experience with MM dealers is not good as far as warranty claims go.
              Mostly they don't want to know about them, have never heard of well know issues and if they bother to have a look they can't fix anything anyway.
              My local mechanic on the other hand is awesome at fixing niggles and has won my servicing business for life.

Mitsubishi (IMHO) are not alone is this respect, but it doesn't look like I'll be doing any business with them again unless things improve.

Going into a dealer to get my crunchy gearbox looked at next - maybe I'll be proved wrong ?
              09 NT GL manual.

www.twigwater.com - My fly fishing blog.

http://www.dsaphoto.com

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X