Tow mirrors for new Pajero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tow mirrors for new Pajero

Hi, I was wondering if any members can tell what are the best external mirrors used for towing a caravan. I have upgraded from a 2004 GLX Pajero to a 2012 Platinum Pajero and because of the cowling on the side doors of the new car I am concerned the mirrors I used on the GLX which had no cowling on the doors, may damage the cowling on the new doors as the hook connects to the bottom of the door, but in the case of the new car to the bottom of the cowling. I am not keen on the mirrors that attach to the external mirrors on the vehicle?
    Any input would be appreciated.

Type "Clearview" in Search and take it from there.

Comment

I have used the ORA Magnetic Mirror http://www.oraproducts.com.au/enzo.htm on both my NP and now my NT and have found them to be easy to fit, vibration free, wind resistant and stable. The only precaution I take is to ensure there is no scratching of the car door under the magnetic plate by applying a liberal coat of car polish before mounting.

Comment

Hi,

I tried the Ora, didn't stay still even with magnetic support. I now use Milenco Aero and find them very good. http://www.milenco.com/products/mirr...rror-aero.html

Have travelled close to 10,000 km with them on and never blown out of place.

Cheers,
        Karl
        Pajero gone, driving something European and sexy now

Comment

Originally posted by Kahibah68 View Post
          Hi, I was wondering if any members can tell what are the best external mirrors used for towing a caravan. I have upgraded from a 2004 GLX Pajero to a 2012 Platinum Pajero and because of the cowling on the side doors of the new car I am concerned the mirrors I used on the GLX which had no cowling on the doors, may damage the cowling on the new doors as the hook connects to the bottom of the door, but in the case of the new car to the bottom of the cowling. I am not keen on the mirrors that attach to the external mirrors on the vehicle?
          Any input would be appreciated.
          Go with the Clearview I used to have the type that you mentioned and I have had some others but since fitting the Clearview I doubt that I would find any better the only draw back could be they are out a long way from the car even when closed up so in the shops I fold mine back out the way
          Cheers
          Georgie
          2015 Sahara
          Black Mica in colour
          BFG A/T 275x70x18s Black Widow drawers Redark dual battery system GME CB radio Redarc Tow Prow Elite

Wish List lots

SOLD 2013 GLX- R Pajero

Comment

If you have the camec style mirrors with the ratchet at the top you can buy a wider clamp for the bottom so it clears the wider moulding .these are supplied by camec agents at a cost of course.
            regards steve
            NT GLX DID AUTO. 2'' HD Lovells Bilsteins Polyairs, Whiteline Swaybars Prodigy3 ,Dual Battery Redarc Isolator ,Ultraguage ,Eazlift WDH.AirtechSnorkel,No Limits Chip,Clearview Mirrors,Donaldson Fuel Filter.Abr Battery Monitor,Oricom UHF,Arb steel bullbar,Arb 9000xs Driving Lights,Homemade Rear Shelf with Waeco Fridge Slide,Anderson Plug, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard ORU 12000lb Dyneema Winch,2.75 IN Beaudesert exh,SPV MK3

Towing 22FT IMPERIAL CHATEAU

Comment

Sorry for the "commercial" link best I could find - I have had a pair of these since 2005 (8 years) they are quick and easy to mount and remove and don't flap about like the strap on type, you'll find most serious caravanners use them -

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/onl...om=90208#Cross

Otherwise the alternative is to purchase a pair of Clearview mirrors they are around $800 installed -

http://www.clearviewmirrors.com.au/

cheers, John
              Regards and best wishes Johnv,

2012 NW Active, Ironbark, 3.2 DiD Auto

Tow Bar, Nudge Bar, Cooper AT3 265/65R17 LT, CB Radio, Redarc Indash Brake Controller, AutoSafe Cargo Barrier, 2-Auxilary Battery System w/Redarc Isolator, Custom Storage Unit, 50mm / 300kg OME Suspension with Firestone Airbags.
              81 Lt Auxilary Fuel Tank by Long Range Automotive, Lillydale (Vic)

Comment

Tow Mirrors

I have had various Mirrors and the best I found was the Ora suction mirrors , I lost 3 of the the metal suction bars , 1 stolen and 2 vibrated of , I have now got the Brunsgaard mirror and so far very happy , to stop swing back I put a short length of Duc tape over the hing area of the mirror and have just completed 13000 km trip without any swing back and as they are easy to take of and put back on haven't had them stolen , they only cost $200 , best mirror I have had and realistically priced

Comment

Go the clearviews. Replaced our std mits mirrors with clearviews and they are fantastic. No vibration, chrome color to match car, electric control, only feature lost is the three click fold back of the old ones. Easy to install, just pull the plastic speaker off each door, three bolts and a wiring harness and it is done. Reckon it took 15 mins. Kept old mirrors for when I trade in the car, then will put clearviews on ebay to recover some $. They are expensive, but well worth it. Once you have driven with them for a trip,you will forget the price!

Nolife

Comment

If anyone has the "Aussie Truck Towing" ratchet strap type mirrors, Clearview now do a convertor mirror that turns them into electrically adjustable so you can adjust them easily.
                    It's not cheap at $249 but it should be much simpler to set up and adjust.
                    http://www.clearviewmirrors.com.au/1...19747/product/
                    Regards Andrew.
                    2019 MR Triton bog stock at the moment but that will change.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X