Static electricity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Static electricity

Is it just me ? fair dinkum since I have had the NW every single time I exit the Paj and I touch it I get a belt!I fitted a static belt but to no avail ! er ...help !!

G'day old plumber,
    I seem to be susceptible to static and I have got into the habit of holding the metal on the door as I get out. WorKs for me!
    Cheers
    Greg

Comment

I got a Gen4.1 I think it's one of the lest staticy cars I've owned.
      2007 NS VRX Cool Siver, Mitsu Alloy BB with spotties, MM towbar, Family Pack, ARB Awning, Duel battery with Optima yellow top starter, Bushskinz intercooler and sump combo, 2" lift with Bilstein shocks and HD Lovels, Ultragauge (Sold 2014)

Comment

Agree. My NM would zap me at the slightest provocation. NW is much better.

Fitting a static belt won't help because the car is already grounded. What you need to do is ground yourself, because it is you that is carrying the static charge, not the car.
        Chris

Comment

Me too. Fitted an anti strap , which was good for about 3 weeks, but has started again recently ? Dont begin to understand !

Comment

i swear my nt didnt do it until my 30k service, but its every now and then so i didnt make anything of it till now...
            NT 2011 DiD 30th Anniversary Edition, factory RD Lock, Toyo RT 33”, PWR interCooler, PWR radiator, MRT EcuTek tune, OL Steel Loop Bar, VRS 9500, ARB Awning, Kings rear awning, Full bushkinz, HD lovells + Koni RAIDS, front & back nolathane, EGR Block, 52'' LED bar, Scan Gauge 2, Projecta 150A, Optima + Fullriver, ProVent 200, Airtec Snorkel, Beaudesert Exhaust.
            Towing 2015 New Age Manta Ray 19BC

Comment

The soles of your shoes is what does it. I get zapped wearing certain shoes mixed with the dry and windy weather.
              Try bare foot or different shoes and see if you still get zapped.

Comment

Different pants, it's your bum sliding across the seat when you get out that creates most if the energy. NW seat material may make it more susceptible...
                2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

100% sheepskin seat covers and mine does it too.
                  Regards and best wishes Johnv,

2012 NW Active, Ironbark, 3.2 DiD Auto

Tow Bar, Nudge Bar, Cooper AT3 265/65R17 LT, CB Radio, Redarc Indash Brake Controller, AutoSafe Cargo Barrier, 2-Auxilary Battery System w/Redarc Isolator, Custom Storage Unit, 50mm / 300kg OME Suspension with Firestone Airbags.
                  81 Lt Auxilary Fuel Tank by Long Range Automotive, Lillydale (Vic)

Comment

Originally posted by reformedjeeper View Post
                    100% sheepskin seat covers and mine does it too.
                    Kiwis have a lot of problems with static electricity

Comment

Yes me too. BTW I have a 2WD sedan as well as the PJ and get zapped from it as well.

It seems to be dependant on the weather/ time of year. Right now it is bad in Sydney. I assume because it is dry.
                      2010 NT DiD Platinum, MM tow bar, Red Arc electric brake controller, ARB Delux bullbar, Ultimate HD suspension and shocks, Engineers cert for GVM upgrade, Airtech snorkle, Cooper ST Maxx, 2nd Battery+ extra sockets, catch can, intercooler/ sump/ transmission guard, scan guage II, Hid driving lights, Ironman awning, daytime driving lights + other little bits

Comment

Gee I thought it was just me, every time I get out of the NT.......
                        2011 Pajero RX2, white, auto diesel, genuine towbar, electronic rust proofing, brake controller, mats throughout, neoprene seat covers, tinted front windows, headlight and bonnet protectors, dual battery, Redarc with anderson plug and heavy duty fridge socket etc etc but I want more...

Towing - 2013 Coromal Magnum Transforma Poptop

To do list - bullbar, spotlights, polyair airbags or suspension ??? (still to decide), airtec snorkel...

Comment

I use the anti static spray from the laundry dept at the super market .Works,& I keep it in the car & use when needed.Spray all over all seats.

Comment

Always had static from my NT. When I remember, after being bitten a few times during the day, I use my elbow to close my door. Seems to be better than the zap to the end of my finger.
                            For a matter of interest, which way does the flow of electricity come from?? From the build up of static in our bodies, or from static in the vehicle??
                            Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
                            Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

Static Electricity

Originally posted by chriso of penrith View Post
                              The soles of your shoes is what does it. I get zapped wearing certain shoes mixed with the dry and windy weather.
                              Try bare foot or different shoes and see if you still get zapped.
                              The wife and I are having the same Zapping Trouble, I had to go out the back and Earth myself with a water pipe to get rid of it, Dry Winds starting in Adelaide now. We'll have to touch the Carport Pole before coming inside the house from now on. LOL .
                              NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X