Flex in drivers floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flex in drivers floor

Cannot find the above answered in a search so not sure if its just my car or not. If I put my left foot on the floor about under the steering wheel I can feel the floor flex under stop start acceleration at slow speeds. Its possible you may even be able to hear something but that may be my imagination as the more I think about it the more I notice it.
    Does anyone else have this issue?
    NW Exceed

Mine does the same, but only when the fuel tank is full to 3/4. It goes away after that. I think it's fuel slapping about in the fuel tank just under the drivers seat. Quite annoying.

I took mine back to Mitsu after about 400 kms and they said "it's a characteristic of the car"

Comment

I get something like this in my NT, would describe it as a intermittent "clunk" that can felt through my left foot next to the transmission tunnel. I have been trying to isolate the circumstances where it occurs, has been hard to replicate. I thought it was something in suspension or perhaps steering
      2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

I will see if its a fuel thing, mine is just under half a tank so hopefully I won't notice it from now on. Will try it on the way home from work.
        NW Exceed

Comment

yep have experience same thing... reported it at 1500 service they reported normal... looking at the tank now... you are probably right... it is a big thump crawling 1st gear slight incline, 3km/h on a little off a little & thump each time.

Comment

Tried for the last 2 days to replicate this again with no luck. I have less than half a tank of fuel so perhaps the comment about fuel sloshing around in the tank may be on the money.
            NW Exceed

Comment

Hey all,

Its definitely the fuel that is doing this... I've noticed that when my tank is chockers with fuel it will slosh around. Given the long, oblong shape of the tank I am really not surprised it does this. Further proof of this is that the fuel level sender is REALLY sensitive to pitch - in other words parking it on a steep hill will send your fuel light on really quickly even if have a 1/4 tank left!

One other thing I learned from this forum is that when filling sometimes when you hit the 'click' on the fuel bowser its not full. You need to then stop, let the fuel foam subside then jump on the rear step of the car and bounce it up and down. This seems to slosh the fuel around a bit and give you a bit more room. I could be wrong but my fuel level on the gauge is visibly higher when I do this as opposed to when I don't.
              2013 NW GLX-R Pajero auto DID - stock as a rock for now!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X