Ad below navbar

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Diesel Additive for NW DiD Pajero?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Diesel Additive for NW DiD Pajero?

Does any one use Diesel fuel additive? I have previously only owned petrol cars and used Liqui-Moly the German additive. They also have diesel additive as well. I just wanted to ask the group which diesel fuel additive is recommended. I have a friend who uses Lucas in his Touareg.
    My other vehicle - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p64KvHs5M6Y

NW 2011 3.2 DiD, Safari Snorkel, Bilstien and Lovells 2" lift, Warne WD 9000 Winch, Smartbar, Centre & Rear Diff Lock, Bushskinz Underbody guards, Lightforce Driving lights, Uniden UH7700 NB White CH5T Antenna, Continental Cross Contact 265/65/17/ Bridgestone Dueler D697 LT

If you do a search of the posts in all Gen 4's you'll come across a lot of differing opinions on additives. also check out 2SO or two stroke oil which a lot of people use.
    2010 NT DiD Platinum, MM tow bar, Red Arc electric brake controller, ARB Delux bullbar, Ultimate HD suspension and shocks, Engineers cert for GVM upgrade, Airtech snorkle, Cooper ST Maxx, 2nd Battery+ extra sockets, catch can, intercooler/ sump/ transmission guard, scan guage II, Hid driving lights, Ironman awning, daytime driving lights + other little bits

Comment

Originally posted by DaveH View Post
      two stroke oil which a lot of people use.
      Out of interest what is the point of putting 2 stroke oil in your tank?
      NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Fester View Post

Because someone thought it was a good idea. Personally i would run from it.

I use the Mitsubishi diesel additive every service (7,500Ks). They can't blame the additive if they supply it

Comment

Originally posted by TheTaipan View Post

I use the Mitsubishi diesel additive every service (7,500Ks). They can't blame the additive if they supply it
          What does it do and what does it cost per tank?
          NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

What does it do and what does it cost per tank?

It must do something as when my motor was rebuilt at 220,000Ks the injectors and injector lines were perfect.

Rather than use some other brand that Mitsubishi could say was the cause of mechanical failure if I needed warranty I decided to use their brand.

Cost...about $12.

Comment

It must do something as when my motor was rebuilt at 220,000Ks the injectors and injector lines were perfect.

Rather than use some other brand that Mitsubishi could say was the cause of mechanical failure if I needed warranty I decided to use their brand.

Cost...about $12.
              Sweet. Cheaper than SCA and Repco stuff.

Comment

Cost...about $12.
                Which mitsu dealer do you get it from Taipan?
                2007 NS VRX Cool Siver, Mitsu Alloy BB with spotties, MM towbar, Family Pack, ARB Awning, Duel battery with Optima yellow top starter, Bushskinz intercooler and sump combo, 2" lift with Bilstein shocks and HD Lovels, Ultragauge (Sold 2014)

Comment

I use Chemtech Diesel Power. NFI if it does anything but a guy I work with swears by it, says his MN runs like a dogs breakfast when he doesn't use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jords View Post
                    Which mitsu dealer do you get it from Taipan?

Penrith Mitsubishi on Castlereagh Rd.

Just checked the invoice, cost $!0.50
                    Last edited by TheTaipan; 08-11-13, 07:05 AM.

Comment

There is a lot on the forum about using 2SO in the diesel - it is an old trick. I am one of the people that has been using it for quite a while and I use a ratio of 200:1 - ie. in the 90lt. tank I put 450ml. of oil before filling the tank. One chap on here checked his Paj. on a dyno before and after using it and reckoned it gave him a slight rise in power but the main reason people use it is to lubricate the pump and clean. It must NOT be motor mower oil - I use Castrol Activ Two Stroke oil.

Cheers

Geoff
                      03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

Re 2SO check out this thread

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=7449
                        2010 NT DiD Platinum, MM tow bar, Red Arc electric brake controller, ARB Delux bullbar, Ultimate HD suspension and shocks, Engineers cert for GVM upgrade, Airtech snorkle, Cooper ST Maxx, 2nd Battery+ extra sockets, catch can, intercooler/ sump/ transmission guard, scan guage II, Hid driving lights, Ironman awning, daytime driving lights + other little bits

Comment

Hi mate, I googled a lot but could not find any Mitsubishi diesel additive. Will call Penrith Mitsubishi to see if they have any
                          My other vehicle - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p64KvHs5M6Y

NW 2011 3.2 DiD, Safari Snorkel, Bilstien and Lovells 2" lift, Warne WD 9000 Winch, Smartbar, Centre & Rear Diff Lock, Bushskinz Underbody guards, Lightforce Driving lights, Uniden UH7700 NB White CH5T Antenna, Continental Cross Contact 265/65/17/ Bridgestone Dueler D697 LT

Comment

I'am not writing much but can contribute to this topic.
                            I bought a new Pajero at the end of 2011(mainly thanks to all of you and all knowledge I found on this forum).I discovered the above link about using 2SO and a few more german websites and started to use 2SO when the car had 10000km on the clock.Now the car has got 40000km and during this time didn't have one single issue because of oil in diesel,no complaints from DPF, nothing(I believe that if the oil could cause some problems they would already appear).
                            Must also say that thanks to my fathers job I've had numerous additives available but after discovering 2SO option I gave them all away and stuck only with oil.

Comment

Originally posted by amitasdhir View Post
                              Hi mate, I googled a lot but could not find any Mitsubishi diesel additive. Will call Penrith Mitsubishi to see if they have any

Before I moved I was buying it from North Shore Mitsubishi.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X