new NW - int. shudder on brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new NW - int. shudder on brakes

well, my second post. question, intermittent shudder felt through brake pedal, seems to be right corner when applying only light braking... I reported it at 1500 service but they said nothing found... any ideas or anyone else experiencing it.

while I am here - what is the story with the rear door... never had a car door jump during open / closing... Mitsubishi say it is normal..

Your braking problem does sound like a warped disc.
    The rear door problem doesn't sound right either.
    Perhaps its time to try your luck with a different dealer?
    Dan.
    2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

Originally posted by p12345 View Post
      well, my second post. question, intermittent shudder felt through brake pedal, seems to be right corner when applying only light braking... I reported it at 1500 service but they said nothing found... any ideas or anyone else experiencing it.

while I am here - what is the story with the rear door... never had a car door jump during open / closing... Mitsubishi say it is normal..
      Get them to show you normal on one of the vehicles on the lot to compare against
      NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
      Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

I had brake shudder on light braking and eventually heavy braking on my NT. From what I have read, the factory discs are rubbish (made in China).
        I didn't bother with machining, just replaced the lot (all 4 rotors) with DBA T3. Not much change from $1000 and that's fitting myself. Probably the second best investment after the suspension upgrade. Brakes are smooth as silk now. A joy to drive.
        2011 NT platinum auto. Raised Lovells HD all round, bilstein shocks, 3 bushskinz plates, egr block, egr cooler removed, throttle body butterfly removed, optima blue top second battery, arb dual battery tray, ctek dual d250s, stebel horn, hankook dynapro muddies, dba 4000 t3 front rotors.

Comment

To me it sounds like something isn't right - I've done 12500 km in my Paj and only had it 4 months. I do about half my driving in town and the other half on highways and other rural roads. I get no shudder from my brakes whatsoever. And believe me I know this problem because I owned an EL Falcon a long time ago. The brake caliper design in the falcon was such that disc thickness variation was a way of life and a new set of rotors would be shuddering/vibrating in about 1000 km. They were truly terrible. The Pajeros brakes are bloody awesome if you ask me - better than those in my Mazda3 for sure.
          2013 NW GLX-R Pajero auto DID - stock as a rock for now!

Comment

I had a shudder plus a kind of grinding noise intermittantly from my NW front side area since it was new. I assumed it was a brake issue by the symptoms, but the dealer told me it was more likely a loose exhaust heat shield. When it went in for it's 1500km service (at another dealer) it came back with them saying they found the heat shield loose. Tightened it up and no more noise since. Apparently happens quite a lot according to the mechanic I spoke to. So, might be worth looking at as I was certain it was a brake issue, but there you go!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X