TJM Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJM Suspension

I have TJM suspension fitted to my 2012 NW Pajero. Suspension was fitted about 20 months ago and vehicle has traveled about 40000 kms in that time.
    The bottom bushes on the bottom of the front strut are completely chewed out and front end making terrible squeaking noise. The rear shockers make a knocking sound when cold gets better once warmed up.
    The shockers are XGS Gold edition and the TJM web site states warranty is 2 years or 60000 kms. Can anyone tell me if the rubber bushes are covered in the warranty.
    Has anyone else had similar problem with TJM suspension.

Thanks David.
    Jo & David

NW MY12 Graphite Grey Pajero, Hyundai Terracan, 19'6 Jayco Sterling undersprung, camper trailer.
    MMC bullbar, MMC towbar,TJM Heavy Duty Springs front, TJM Heavy Duty Progressive springs rear, XGS Gold Shockers, Poly airs, Uniden 7760NB Uhf radio and antenna, Sunseeker Awning, Hayman Reece WDH

Have you gone back to the supplier and asked re warranty?? Or call TJM.
    Rubbers shouldnt chew out in that time unless its been in really bad offroad situations.
    2015 Subaru Forester 2.5 petrol CVT. (Missus car)
    Just got an NS DID manual (my car) SOLD.
    2014 Subaru Outback diesel, CVT. Mine

Comment

I have them on mine, (XGS Gold Shocks/Struts' with EFS Coils), & towed a 2 ton of road van on the Gibb & Tanami so go back to the supplier warranty unless abused

Very happy with mine so as Ian said they shouldn't chew out 40,000ks
      VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
      NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

Unless you use it as a competition truck they must cover them. I have worked at a few different TJM stores and have seen this before. And as long as the lower bolts are not tightened untill the vehicle is back on the ground (Normal drive position) there should be no problem.
        RG Colorado with all the extras (the wife is awesome)

Comment

I have TJM shocks and springs in mine too. Shocks are OK but I have a back lower rubber bush chewed out at 50,000 and between 25 and 30mm sag since new on most springs. the sag was evident at 40,000 but TJM would not do anything.

At the 4WD show at Eastern Creek recently I asked various brands what sag I should expect that they said only 10mm so I'm not happy about the sag.
          2010 NT DiD Platinum, MM tow bar, Red Arc electric brake controller, ARB Delux bullbar, Ultimate HD suspension and shocks, Engineers cert for GVM upgrade, Airtech snorkle, Cooper ST Maxx, 2nd Battery+ extra sockets, catch can, intercooler/ sump/ transmission guard, scan guage II, Hid driving lights, Ironman awning, daytime driving lights + other little bits

Comment

Originally posted by springer View Post
            Unless you use it as a competition truck they must cover them. I have worked at a few different TJM stores and have seen this before. And as long as the lower bolts are not tightened untill the vehicle is back on the ground (Normal drive position) there should be no problem.
            This was my first thought, sounds like someone may have tightened the bolts before the weight of the car was on the wheels.
            2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

Originally posted by DaveH View Post
              I have TJM shocks and springs in mine too. Shocks are OK but I have a back lower rubber bush chewed out at 50,000 and between 25 and 30mm sag since new on most springs. the sag was evident at 40,000 but TJM would not do anything.

At the 4WD show at Eastern Creek recently I asked various brands what sag I should expect that they said only 10mm so I'm not happy about the sag.
              Beside the bushes I am happy with the set up. With 20 psi in air bags the back barely drops when Jayco Outback 19-61-2 hooked up. Definitely no spring sag when nothing on the back.
              Ive spoken to TJM today,taking it in for them to assess tomorrow.
              Jo & David

NW MY12 Graphite Grey Pajero, Hyundai Terracan, 19'6 Jayco Sterling undersprung, camper trailer.
              MMC bullbar, MMC towbar,TJM Heavy Duty Springs front, TJM Heavy Duty Progressive springs rear, XGS Gold Shockers, Poly airs, Uniden 7760NB Uhf radio and antenna, Sunseeker Awning, Hayman Reece WDH

Comment

Suspension update

Thanks to TJM Nailsworth for good service. Rubber bushes on front struts and rear shockers replaced under warranty.
                Jo & David

Comment

Originally posted by Jo & David View Post
                  Thanks to TJM Nailsworth for good service. Rubber bushes on front struts and rear shockers replaced under warranty.
                  I noticed just last weekend a knocking noise from the front end of the Paj which has the TJM XGS gold struts (only 20,000 km since fitted).
                  Found the bottom bushes chewed out on both left and right struts.

TJM St Mary's are going to replace the bushes under warranty - was labour cost covered when you had yours done - I was told that it isn't but they would "look after me" in that regard.

Interesting to hear about not tightening the bolts until vehicle is back on the ground - will ask if that is what they do when I take the Paj in.
                  Corbetzki - 2014 NW VR-X 3.2 DID, Graphite
                  Opposite Lock Steel Bar, LED Driving Lights,
                  40mm lift, Polyairs ,Milford Barrier, Evakool 45 litre, Rhino Roof Racks with Kings 2.5m awning, dual battery, 50L auxilliary fuel tank, winch, Bridgestone Dueller AT tyres,

Comment

Originally posted by Corbetzki View Post
                    Interesting to hear about not tightening the bolts until vehicle is back on the ground - will ask if that is what they do when I take the Paj in.
                    Number one reason for early failure of any suspension bushes.
                    I had that message drummed into me when I was an apprentice (a long time ago )
                    MY14 NW GLX-R DiD
                    ARB Bull Bar, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batteries, Tinted Windows, Spare Tyre Lift, Toyo Open Country 2. EGR Block. GME UHF. Illuminator 9" LED Driving Lights.
                    TJM XGS Gold Series Shocks, EFS Coils, Polyairs.
                    Now towing a 19ft regent Caravan

Member of the Cynical Old Bloke Club

Comment

Originally posted by Corbetzki View Post
                      I noticed just last weekend a knocking noise from the front end of the Paj which has the TJM XGS gold struts (only 20,000 km since fitted).
                      Found the bottom bushes chewed out on both left and right struts.

TJM St Mary's are going to replace the bushes under warranty - was labour cost covered when you had yours done - I was told that it isn't but they would "look after me" in that regard.

Hi Corbetzki,
                      When TJM Nailsworth replaced the rear shockers and the bushes on the front struts it was all done at no cost to me.
                      David.
                      Jo & David

Comment

Front Strut Bushes

Just picked up the Paj after having the lower bushes on both front struts replaced under warranty at TJM St Marys (and no cost).

Was told that they do lower the vehicle back to the ground before doing the final tightening of the bolts so must have just been unlucky this time with the bushes (assuming this was done on original fit).
                        Corbetzki - 2014 NW VR-X 3.2 DID, Graphite
                        Opposite Lock Steel Bar, LED Driving Lights,
                        40mm lift, Polyairs ,Milford Barrier, Evakool 45 litre, Rhino Roof Racks with Kings 2.5m awning, dual battery, 50L auxilliary fuel tank, winch, Bridgestone Dueller AT tyres,

Comment

Should also settle the suspension be for final tightening. Just drive it back and forward a little to get it as close to normal ride height as possible.
                          MY14 NW GLX-R DiD
                          ARB Bull Bar, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batteries, Tinted Windows, Spare Tyre Lift, Toyo Open Country 2. EGR Block. GME UHF. Illuminator 9" LED Driving Lights.
                          TJM XGS Gold Series Shocks, EFS Coils, Polyairs.
                          Now towing a 19ft regent Caravan

Member of the Cynical Old Bloke Club

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X