nw safari snorkel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nw safari snorkel

anyone own a safari snorkel on a my 13 vrx? if ur from bris who fitted it ? any info appreciated.
    Iron Bark MY13 VRX NW Pajero 4WD Newbie.
    Ultimate suspension 2 inch lift, ARB Bull Bar, ARB High Intensity lights,Air Tech Snorkel, Rhino Roof platform, Mickey Thompson STZ, Clarion DVD Screen,Waeco CFX 50 Fridge ,UltraGuage EM Plus, MM towbar,Bush Skinz Under Body Protection, Electronic Rust Protection and a few other bits and pieces.

Yes, excellent fit and finish. Tried it out in the water on the weekend, works well.
    NOW SOLD: NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.

Comment

did u retain ur head light wash bottle? can u change light bulbs with ease
      Ultimate suspension 2 inch lift, ARB Bull Bar, ARB High Intensity lights,Air Tech Snorkel, Rhino Roof platform, Mickey Thompson STZ, Clarion DVD Screen,Waeco CFX 50 Fridge ,UltraGuage EM Plus, MM towbar,Bush Skinz Under Body Protection, Electronic Rust Protection and a few other bits and pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by anhie View Post
        did u retain ur head light wash bottle? can u change light bulbs with ease
        A smaller washer bottle is provided and relocated next to the radiator - it hasn't been a problem for me yet. I watched the fitter fit my snorkel - he unclipped the light and moved it forward exposing the area where the globe is located - took him all of 15 seconds. I did lose the ability to use my headlight washers though.
        NOW SOLD: NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.

Comment

I originally wanted an Airtec but there were a couple of things that swayed me towards the Safari in the end.

Cooler air as it is located in the mudguard rather than running through the engine bay near the turbo.
          Easier to run a pre- cleaner in dusty conditions which we experience here in the West, due to the removable ram air intake.
          Where the Airtec enters the engine bay is an ideal location to mount a fuel pre-cleaner (if you have a dual battery fitted)

Just some things I had to consider for my use of the Paj.

Comment

thanks onslow for info

Comment

Hi Anhie

I have had my snorkel since the beginning of the year and i believe since then both the TJM and ARB now have kits for the headlight sprayers.
              I went with Airtec in the end as i had read on some earlier posts that the Safari one was causing a far bit of noise.
              I dont get any noise from mine, except the cool sound when 4WD slowly with the drivers window open, you can hear it sucking.

If you are local to Brisbane we can catch up and you can have a look at my set up if you wish.
              NW Platinum Pearl, Diesel/Auto/Dual battery/extra power sockets/anderson plug/tinted windows/icom 400 Pro/3 x DIY bash plates/DIY false floor/cargo system/T13 bar/Airtec Snorkel/12"Light Bar/60 lt water bladder/12 volt water pump/wet seat covers/brake controller/ 2' lift with lovells and bilsteins, HDP catch can

Comment

cool im southside u?

Comment

onslow any picks of your set up mate safari snorkel

Comment

Originally posted by anhie View Post
                    onslow any picks of your set up mate safari snorkel
                    I'll take some for you on the weekend. I don't get any noise from mine except that cool sound ChrisPaj2010 mentioned

Comment

Hi Anhie
                      I am also southside, please email me [email protected] and we can set up a meet.
                      cheers
                      NW Platinum Pearl, Diesel/Auto/Dual battery/extra power sockets/anderson plug/tinted windows/icom 400 Pro/3 x DIY bash plates/DIY false floor/cargo system/T13 bar/Airtec Snorkel/12"Light Bar/60 lt water bladder/12 volt water pump/wet seat covers/brake controller/ 2' lift with lovells and bilsteins, HDP catch can

Comment

Mine was fitted by ARB (Safari snorkel) and love the noise its making. I don't use the aircon anymore just wind down the window and listen.
                        2013 Pajero GLXR - ARB Bullbar, Warn XD9000, HID lights, UHF radio, Dual Battery with IBS isolator, Dobinsons/Koni 90/88, ARB alloy roofrack, cheap chinese fridge at the back which works well, ARB awning + Oztent RV5 TagAlong tent, BF Goodrich A/T with 2 spare, The Outback knife hanging on my belt. Future projects: smart drawer system (I'm a cabinetmaker), LRA long range tank, save lots of time to travel

Comment

greg did you loose both washer bottles ? windscreen and head lights?
                          any pics

Comment

Here are some pics of the Safari Snorkel on my NW.

Comment

My Airtec was installed last Thursday and has the same washer bottle as the one above.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X