pajero rear door opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pajero rear door opening

I have traded a prado in on a new nw pajero and when I have hooked up my avan liam semi off road van I can not open the rear door of the pajero which has a lift kit fitted to raise spare wheel,l does any one have a solution to this problem please advise
    Last edited by Bernard; 24-11-13, 10:24 AM. Reason: incorrect spelling

There have been a lot of discussions on this. You need to have a "search" through the threads.

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4

Comment

change your hitch!

Comment

Originally posted by Wrex View Post
        change your hitch!

That's the one I have and I can open my rear door all the way with my Jayco OB Eagle on the back. When you order it make sure you get the correct handbrake attachment for your application.
        NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Fester View Post
          That's the one I have and I can open my rear door all the way with my Jayco OB Eagle on the back. When you order it make sure you get the correct handbrake attachment for your application.
          Yep, ozhitch is the go.
          NT ACTIV 2010 DID Manual

Comment

What's a fift kit?

Comment

Pretty sure he means lift kit....for the spare tyre.

I converted a treg to ozhitch recently. 9000Km's later through lots of deserts I cant fault it. So far, very happy.

The mrs still cant line me up though
              MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. My14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

Love from the dime a dozen, lonely army type/weekend warrior dude with a dual cab and all the same shit as everyone else who doesn't know any better. Thanks for the tip Bru.

NX buildhttps://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ive%5B1%5D.gif

My Journeys

Comment

G'day Bernard,

Welcome on your first post.

What type of hitch does your van have?

I have an NW Paj fitted with an HR WDS and a Hyland hitch on the van and can fully open the rear door over the top of the van's conventional handbrake lever (when it's released of course).

Given my 'druthers I would probably change the Hyland to a DO35, mainly because the Hyland can sometimes be a bit stubborn in releasing the towball.

On a recent trip I helped a fellow NW Paj owner set his hitch up properly - the van dealer made a complete botch of it and he couldn't even slightly open the door - even though he had a Hyland hitch too. He can now.

After the w/end I'll try to post a pic of the setup.
                Cheers,
                Dave.
                NW GLX-R MY13 3.2 DiD auto.
                2016 Concept Innovation 600R caravan

Comment

As previously posted, I have the new NW, and will be hooking up an off-road Supreme Getaway (2000 model), which is quite high to the ball, soon.
                  Would also love to see some photos of the solutions as when I put my WDH tongue and ball set up on, it is way to tight. I also have a lift kit for the spare fitted and this still did not give enough clearance.
                  Cheers
                  Greg

Comment

Bernard, I posted a solution to this problem which costs nothing in the Self Help Forum which works well for me Modification for Rear Door Opening

Greg Grey Grumbly

2018 QE Pajero Sport GLS, Factory Accessories: Alloy Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Underbody Protection, Aftermarket: Uniden CB, Redarc Electric Brake Controller, Bushman Cooler, Rhino Roof Bars; Full Tint, OCAM Extendable Tow Mirrors, Fridge Tie Down Racks, Kickass Battery Box with Projecta DC DC charger, King KCRS-23 with the Peddars 5899 bump stops, Almac Boat Loader, Almac Outboard Slide, Provent catch can, More to come
                    Tows a 2015 Billabong Grove 186

Comment

I really don't understand why so many have this problem. I have an NT GLS with MM tow bar, WDH and spare wheel lift kit. The bottom of the door clears the top of the conventional Alko hitch with about 8mm to spare. The door opens all the way to the gas bottles on the caravan.

Regards

Comment

XTV, it's because lots of vans have the coupling on the top of the A-frame and it hits the door.

We have an offroad van and it's on the bottom and it still hit! (it had a riser and larger wheels).

As others have said, easiest way is to change the van hitch.

We used the AlKO offroad hitch, as it still utilises a 50mm ball, like the Hyland. But lots of good hitches out there do the same job.

Cheers,
                        Sally
                        SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

Hi Dave my van has a standard alko 3.5 tonne hitch with the normal oval type handle and that is the part that hits the door the spare wheel clears the handle I intend to use a hayman reese wdh when I tow at this stage the Pajero is only 6 weeks old and only done 1600 ks I want a few more ks on it befoe towing regards Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Paj People 2009 View Post
                            XTV, it's because lots of vans have the coupling on the top of the A-frame and it hits the door.

We have an offroad van and it's on the bottom and it still hit! (it had a riser and larger wheels).

As others have said, easiest way is to change the van hitch.

We used the AlKO offroad hitch, as it still utilises a 50mm ball, like the Hyland. But lots of good hitches out there do the same job.

Cheers,
                            Sally
                            Hi Sally thanks for your reply my Avan is semi off road and has coupling mounted low in the a frame and has landcruiser wheels fitted I think that the alko off road coupling is the way to go ,are you using a wdh with your van? regards Bernard

Comment

Hi Bernard,

Yes, definitely! Wouldn't be without it.

Here is a pic of our set up

Cheers,
                              Sally
                              SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X