arb deluxe bar nw pajero review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arb deluxe bar nw pajero review

anyone own one and can give me some feed back ?

Do you need to change suspension ?
    Iron Bark MY13 VRX NW Pajero 4WD Newbie.
    Ultimate suspension 2 inch lift, ARB Bull Bar, ARB High Intensity lights,Air Tech Snorkel, Rhino Roof platform, Mickey Thompson STZ, Clarion DVD Screen,Waeco CFX 50 Fridge ,UltraGuage EM Plus, MM towbar,Bush Skinz Under Body Protection, Electronic Rust Protection and a few other bits and pieces.

Feedback? Yeah. Nice bar but expensive. My Opposite Lock bar looks almost the same, is just as well made and cost me $800 less than the ARB I was quoted.

With bar alone it's touch and go whether you need to upgrade the suspension. If you add a winch it's almost mandatory. Improved ride and handling are the bonuses.
    Chris

Comment

Another happy OL owner here. I'm not sure what type NFT5 has, but mine is the 3 loop and I can't fault it. Decent access for when I fit a winch, awesome fit (fitted by BGs Automotive/Opposite Lock Queanbeyan) and looks tough. I'm the same, didn't want to spend the extra dollars simply for the ARB name. Check out my rig thread for photos if you're interested.

Comment

Had an ARB fitted this past week, colour coded to match my NW Pajero and looks great, installed medium duty springs and struts but I needed them for my heavy towing anyway plus the weight of the full steel bar. Handles really well. Google youtube for the video on how they make them - it's very interesting and helps you understand the quality and price.

Comment

Originally posted by Troy711 View Post
          Another happy OL owner here. I'm not sure what type NFT5 has, but mine is the 3 loop and I can't fault it.

This:
          Chris

Comment

I have an ARB Deluxe bar fitted color coded to the Pajero, Looks great & is the 3rd I have fitted to my various 4WD's. They are rock solid & have saved my vehicles from Roo & Emu damage a number of times with not a scratch at 100+ kmh. The only downside was that ARB had 3 attempts to colour match the Pearl White & it took me nearly 4 months to get it finished to my satisfaction. If you do go ARB make sure they get the paint shop to properly color match it & not rely on the paint code on the ID plate.
            2013 MY13 Platinum, Pearl Paint, Colour coded ARB Deluxe winch bar with Tigerz11 12000lb Domin8tr winch, Plasma rope, Lightforce 210 Genesis HID Spotlights, Dual battery, GME 40 Ch UHF. Bushskinz bash plates, Lovells 50mm lift with Bilsteins, BFG 265/70 All Terrains. More to come.

Comment

thAnks for the replies. any of you guys have the head light wAsher renfitted to bar? any if u have a safar snorkel did you have 2 x washer bottles?
              Ultimate suspension 2 inch lift, ARB Bull Bar, ARB High Intensity lights,Air Tech Snorkel, Rhino Roof platform, Mickey Thompson STZ, Clarion DVD Screen,Waeco CFX 50 Fridge ,UltraGuage EM Plus, MM towbar,Bush Skinz Under Body Protection, Electronic Rust Protection and a few other bits and pieces.

Comment

Hi peter you should feel pretty lucky that ARB colour matched your bar as bars should only ever be colour coded I say this as I use to work for ARB and matching is unheard of. What I would say is that you may not have had a good batch of paint or worse that the paint was not weighed and mixed corecctly.
                MY12 NW Pajero Platinum 2.
                ARB Deluxe winch bar, Custom rear draws system, HR Tow bar, 26" 120w LED Light bar, 9" 55w HID Spotlights, Canvas seat covers, Rhino roof cage, Maxxtrax, ARB dual batt tray, Redarc BCDC1220-IGN, ARB Awning, Rhino Roof cage, ARB 47L fridge and slide, ARB Air compressor, GME TX3540s.

Comment

Originally posted by brad1985 View Post
                  Hi peter you should feel pretty lucky that ARB colour matched your bar as bars should only ever be colour coded I say this as I use to work for ARB and matching is unheard of. What I would say is that you may not have had a good batch of paint or worse that the paint was not weighed and mixed corecctly.
                  Hi Brad, Unfortunately the first bar was stark white & not Pearl Warm White & on collecting the vehicle they mixed up the colour code off the VIN. The second time was closer & clearly different from the rest of the car, All they did was add Pearl to the stark white. To ensure that they didn't make a 3rd mistake ARB had me run the original bumper down to their paint shop so they could match it. All good in the end & ARB heavily discounted the bar price for all my troubles. Will still use them as it is not the mistake but how you deal with it that matters & they dealt with it well.
                  2013 MY13 Platinum, Pearl Paint, Colour coded ARB Deluxe winch bar with Tigerz11 12000lb Domin8tr winch, Plasma rope, Lightforce 210 Genesis HID Spotlights, Dual battery, GME 40 Ch UHF. Bushskinz bash plates, Lovells 50mm lift with Bilsteins, BFG 265/70 All Terrains. More to come.

Comment

Originally posted by anhie View Post
                    thAnks for the replies. any of you guys have the head light wAsher renfitted to bar? any if u have a safar snorkel did you have 2 x washer bottles?
                    Hi Anhie, I had ARB fit their replacement headlight washer nozzles, Not because I needed or wanted them but really to fill the holes left in the bar if not fitted.

Comment

Aaahhh, Peter, I think I bumped in to you outside ARB Ossie Park one day, several months back. I had just ordered my (plain) white bar and took a pic of your rig to show my wife. If it wasn't you, then there is someone else out there with a white pearl Paj with the same issue! :-)
                      SOLD: 2013 DiD VRX, MM locker, Dueller 697s, ARB bull bar, Runva EWX9500-Q winch, full Bushskinz plates and sliders, Lovells/Bilsteins with PolyAirs, Airtec snorkel, Jonny Tig Front Mount Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" exhaust, RalliArt ECU, FuelManager diesel pre-filter, EGR block & catch can, BRC breathers, Hella 4000 HIDs, LED Light Bar, BCDC dual battery system, Tow Pro Elite brake controller, Couplertec, spare tyre lift, Whispbar roof racks.

Comment

I'm waiting on mine to be delivered ordered it a week and a half ago. Apparently was the last NW one they had in stock till the next batch is made.

Comment

Had mine fitted last week by ARB Canningvale, the cut on the inner guard liner could have been better and they didn't put the two front bolts in for the Bushskinz inter cooler guard. Also found a spare mounting bracket they had left up near my air box!

Not enough to overly concern me as I think the bar looks great!
                          2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                          3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

Originally posted by Maximage View Post
                            Aaahhh, Peter, I think I bumped in to you outside ARB Ossie Park one day, several months back. I had just ordered my (plain) white bar and took a pic of your rig to show my wife. If it wasn't you, then there is someone else out there with a white pearl Paj with the same issue! :-)
                            That was me Maximage, Hope your install went better than mine started with. ��

Comment

whats the going rate for bar fitted colour match and supply?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X