AirCon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AirCon

I havn't seen any recent threads on Air con issues, but mine seems to be less than perfect.
    To be comfortable in the car requires constant adjustment of the Air con temp, especially on Auto. I know the NS had some issues posted here, But has anyone else had problems with the climate control in an NW?
    Was a reason ever found why some NS's were OK and others a PITA?
    2013 NW GLX-R Factory Locker, TC mod,Dual Battery, 240V inverter, Anderson Plug, Fire Extinguisher. GME TX3500 UHF Radio, MM Alloy Bar, ORU 12000lb Winch,EGR mod, Fancy wheels, 33" Pirelli ATR Tyres, LRA Aux tank, Custom bash plates & Rock sliders, Ultra Gauge, ARB Compressor, LED Light bar, little mods around the cabin. Kings Std Ratecoils & Ultimate Shocks, Firestone HP airbags, Airteck Snorkel, Hema 6. Towing: Starcraft outback

Hey,

What sort of comfort issues are you having? I don't find the automatic mode to cool down as quick as I'd like - it has some sort of program where it will cool your feet first then shift the duct around to cool various parts of the cabin. TBH I find it less troublesome to just set the temp and then adjust the blower manually as required. Seems to work fine.
    2013 NW GLX-R Pajero auto DID - stock as a rock for now!

Comment

one of its more annoying habits is if its 12 degrees outside and I have it set at 22 degrees it blows refigerated air from the dash vents
      At this stage I hav'nt made a list, but this has got past just been irritating, so I will start making some specific notes.
      2013 NW GLX-R Factory Locker, TC mod,Dual Battery, 240V inverter, Anderson Plug, Fire Extinguisher. GME TX3500 UHF Radio, MM Alloy Bar, ORU 12000lb Winch,EGR mod, Fancy wheels, 33" Pirelli ATR Tyres, LRA Aux tank, Custom bash plates & Rock sliders, Ultra Gauge, ARB Compressor, LED Light bar, little mods around the cabin. Kings Std Ratecoils & Ultimate Shocks, Firestone HP airbags, Airteck Snorkel, Hema 6. Towing: Starcraft outback

Comment

Compared to my last car I found the AC in my NT to be pretty poor. I'm going to block off the rear vents and see if that helps.

Comment

check the cabin/pollen filter behind the glovebox... i banged all the dust and crap out of mine and the aircon was so much better...
          I will replace it soon and i expect it to improve yet again!
          | 2010 NT Pajero GLS Manual DiD |

| ARB Deluxe Bullbar Colourcoded | Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards | Bilstein & Lovells HD Lift |
          | Bridgestone D697's LT | Airtec Snorkel | Lightforce 170 Spotlights | Rhino Bars & Darche Awning |
          | Milford Cargo Barrier | ARB Dual Battery Tray | Redarc Battery Isolator | LRA 58L Long Range Tank |
          | GME TX3510 | Polyair Bags | Runva EWX12000 Winch | SPVi EGR | Challenge Offroad Camper Trailer |

Purchased But Still To Fit - | MMA Spare Wheel Lift |

Comment

Originally posted by Troy711 View Post
            Compared to my last car I found the AC in my NT to be pretty poor. I'm going to block off the rear vents and see if that helps.
            Will this achieve anything? The rear vents are fed from the rear air con unit are they not??
            2010 NT GLS, ARB Deluxe winch bar, GME TX3540 UHF, TJM battery tray, DBA T3 Disc's, Front & Rear Harop E-Lokers, AAA rear draw system, Anderson connector for AUX power, kumho mt51 265 / 70 / R 17, Bushskinz sliders and Intercooler/Sump/Transmition/Transfer case Bash Plates, Bilstein/Dobinson combo, 2x2m austrack-deluxe-vehicle-awning, Airtec Snorkel, Wetseat Covers front /rear + centre console cover, SPV EGR MOD Mk3.

Comment

No idea, it was just a thought. If anything it'll direct more flow to the passengers.

Comment

If you have rear aircon the vents are totally separate to the front, the rear has its own evap and fan to power the roof mounted vents. The vents on the rear of the console aren't connected to anything. So blocking any rear vents is pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo2 View Post
                  one of its more annoying habits is if its 12 degrees outside and I have it set at 22 degrees it blows refigerated air from the dash vents
                  At this stage I hav'nt made a list, but this has got past just been irritating, so I will start making some specific notes.
                  There might be something wrong with yours because mine doesn't do this... it does take it a while to figure out what the OAT (outside air temp) is and it will eventually settle down to what it should. If its 24 deg OAT and I set the climate control to 24 deg it will take a few moments but eventually start blowing air at much the same temperature as outside. I find that I like my A/C to be always slightly cool and constant because the sun does make you feel a lot hotter even if the internal cabin temp is at a comfortable level.
                  2013 NW GLX-R Pajero auto DID - stock as a rock for now!

Comment

My Pajtug is 3 weeks old, running fine however I just had my Sub Forester 1 year old AC adjusted today free of charge as it wasn't getting cold enough, the problem identified was too much gas and not enough pressure, they removed 50g gas now I'm freezing, suits me fine being in Brisvegas, might be a lead to the problem, I'm mechanically challenged but made sense to me, hope this helps. Cheers
                    2013 NW GLXR tugs a tribe around in an Outback Expanda 14.44.4(modded), 2002 NM GLS gonski but not forgotten
                    Expandas Downunder Forum Member

Comment

I should clarify, block off the third row so the second row gets further benefit.

Comment

Hmmm, Looking like mine is worse than normal. Dealer suggested I just run on manual as they could not fault. He is a helpful guy but its hard for him to tell when its not playing upp on the day.
                        Dash has to come out it a few weeks anyway to fit yet more switches, so I will check the sensors while I am at it.
                        Mean while please keep putting up your thoughts and problems.

Comment

Yeah, my NW's aircon is all over the place. Thought it was just me and i'd have to just get used to it.

Feels 'clammy' when cold but not really effective if in mid range.

I figured id give it more than 1600kms to sort itself out before mentioning anything, my previous mazda sp25 was spot on and no matter how cold you set it you did not feel 'wet'.
                          19 Exceed 3.2 AUTO Diesel - Stock with lots of Pipe Dreams.

Comment

When I turn mine on for the first few minutes it smells like unwashed potatoes. I think I need to clean or replace the AC filter lol.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X