Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NT Pajero Tyres - A/T

Hey there,
    Having 12 months away next year, travelling North then across the top of Aus. Have only recently acquired ex-police pajero, my previous 80 series Cruiser and Hiluxes have had BFG All Terrain, Cooper ST and BS A/T tyres.

Anyone with an NT Pajero have any suggestions for all terrain tyres that will wear well and give good mileage, around 80% on road, but not H/T tread?

Currently Bridgestone Dueler A/T's are very noisy on road and wearing v poorly!

Any suggestions much appreciated

Dan

I haven't fitted AT tyres to my NS yet, I'm curious to know what Dueller you have ie 694 or 697 etc?

I had Mickey Thompson ATZ 5Rib on my old pajero, they were wearing well had done approx 50000Kms and would have had another 30000 I think.

Check out the 'Where the Rubber hits the road section of the forum for more on tyres' here is the link http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...splay.php?f=12
    NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, roof racks otherwise stock as a rock.

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
    Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.

Comment

I had cooper ST's on a NP and got 100K out of them, they were quite noisy. Put BFG on the NT and got 90K out of them, not quite as noisy and a better all round tyre. Never had the 694's but on paper they look to be comparable to the BFG. If your going bush you want an LT, couldn't go wrong with either the BFG or 694 in a LT

Comment

BFG AT's as you know would be a good answer again
        NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
        Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

If noise is a issue for you, I would look closely at the Pirelli Scorpions. Have recently put new tyres on both my partners Paj & mine. Scorpions on hers & Mickey T ATZ 4 rib on mine.

The scorpions are far quieter & were brilliant on our recent trip to Fraser Island. By the same token, I do like my ATZ 4 ribs, but again far noiser due to a more agressive tread pattern & not quite as good as the scorpions on the bitumen.
          NL Pajero,F&R airlockers, reduction gears, Ironman susp, ARB bullbar, Tigerz winch, Uniden UHF, roolite driving lights, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib &, BFG KM2' tyres

MUD SUCKS.

Comment

Originally posted by allanmac View Post
            If noise is a issue for you, I would look closely at the Pirelli Scorpions. Have recently put new tyres on both my partners Paj & mine. Scorpions on hers & Mickey T ATZ 4 rib on mine.

The scorpions are far quieter & were brilliant on our recent trip to Fraser Island. By the same token, I do like my ATZ 4 ribs, but again far noiser due to a more agressive tread pattern & not quite as good as the scorpions on the bitumen.

One thing to note on the Pirelli's is that if you want to retain the 265/65/17 I dont think they make an LT rated tyre in this size, or for any 18" sizes.
            If you want an LT in them you'll need to jump up a size to 265/70/17.

(Just what i was told when i looked at them) Hence i ended up with the 697's and am more than happy with them so far!
            | 2010 NT Pajero GLS Manual DiD |

| ARB Deluxe Bullbar Colourcoded | Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards | Bilstein & Lovells HD Lift |
            | Bridgestone D697's LT | Airtec Snorkel | Lightforce 170 Spotlights | Rhino Bars & Darche Awning |
            | Milford Cargo Barrier | ARB Dual Battery Tray | Redarc Battery Isolator | LRA 58L Long Range Tank |
            | GME TX3510 | Polyair Bags | Runva EWX12000 Winch | SPVi EGR | Challenge Offroad Camper Trailer |

Purchased But Still To Fit - | MMA Spare Wheel Lift |

Comment

Maxxis AT-771's. They have been a great tyre so far and after 22,000 km they are wearing well. Quiet, good grip and good handling. Would expect then to last another 50,000 km the way they are going. Highly recommended.

See here for more happy campers:

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=35674
              Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

Originally posted by Bundyk View Post
                Maxxis AT-771's. They have been a great tyre so far and after 22,000 km they are wearing well. Quiet, good grip and good handling. Would expect then to last another 50,000 km the way they are going. Highly recommended.

See here for more happy campers:

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=35674
                Yes a very highly praised tyre but bloody maxxis only sell a passenger construction tyre for 17inch wheels in Australia.
                2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

Originally posted by grhyso View Post
                  Yes a very highly praised tyre but bloody maxxis only sell a passenger construction tyre for 17inch wheels in Australia.
                  Actually that would be Bobjane, as they are the importer of the 771, not Maxxis Aus.

The 275/65/17 and the 265/70/17 both have a load rating of 115 according to the Bobjane website, whereas the 265/70/16 are load rated at 114. I have the 16's and mine are LT's so are you sure the 17's arent LT's? Seems odd that Passenger tyres would have a higher load rating than LT's
                  Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X