Taipan XP Exhaust - NW 3.2lt Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taipan XP Exhaust - NW 3.2lt Auto

Due to a little off-road mishap that destroyed my muffler I decided to take the opportunity to upgrade to a complete new exhaust system. I opted for a Taipan XP system which I also had on my previous NP (hope your enjoying it Nik ). The difference from standard is substantial. There is still a little bit of turbo lag but nothing like original, and once through that the Paj hums along very briskly through the gears. Surprisingly I think the whole vehicle seems quieter on the inside now . There is no noticeable increase in noise on the outside either, but the note is a very subtle and deep. Talking to the owner of Taipan at the recent Perth 4WD show he mentioned that they had achieved an increase of nearly 10kw at the rear wheels on the NW, and you can definitely feel it as you accelerate. It's too early to comment on the fuel consumption because I'm enjoying the extra grunt at the moment, but I'll post when it's all settled in a bit. System is the 3in mild steel version.
    NOW SOLD: NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.

What was the cost of the system and did you fit it yourself?
    NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Fester View Post
      What was the cost of the system and did you fit it yourself?
      I did a contra deal, but I think they are usually around $1800 fitted. I didn't fit myself as I don't have anywhere at home to get it up on ramps unfortunately. It took around 2.5 hrs to fit, and the only difficult part was reaching a couple of the bolts off the back of the turbo.
      NOW SOLD: NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.

Comment

A bit of a pain Onslow, considering the age of your vehicle (brand new!!) But any excuse for a mod. Obviously you didn't/couldn't claim on insurance?
        I happened to stumble across their site the other day, when I Googled about a Catalytic Converter for an NT Pajero, and their site came up and spoke about their higher/better speced Cat Converter over the OEM. It looked a good exhaust system. Good to see it's a little quieter, as I'm sure mine is a little louder atm. Although, I'm up for a new C/C under warranty in a week or so, so that may be the cause??
        Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
        Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Streak View Post
          A bit of a pain Onslow, considering the age of your vehicle (brand new!!) But any excuse for a mod. Obviously you didn't/couldn't claim on insurance?
          I happened to stumble across their site the other day, when I Googled about a Catalytic Converter for an NT Pajero, and their site came up and spoke about their higher/better speced Cat Converter over the OEM. It looked a good exhaust system. Good to see it's a little quieter, as I'm sure mine is a little louder atm. Although, I'm up for a new C/C under warranty in a week or so, so that may be the cause??
          Definitely a pain, but a great outcome in the end. I talked to my insurance company about it, but they wanted their panel beater to do the work and it all became too difficult so I bit the bullet and saved my no claim bonus. Refitting the damaged section with an original MMA muffler and mid pipe section was around $550, and this is the way insurance wanted to go - not worth my $400 excess that way either.

They hand make their Vortex mufflers to suit each vehicles required back pressure apparently. This way they can go to 3 inch, which lowers the EGT, and adding a chip brings the EGT back to standard temps.

Comment

Originally posted by Onslow View Post
            I did a contra deal.
            What does this mean?
            NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Fester View Post
              What does this mean?
              I swapped the exhaust system for some gear I had that they wanted.

Comment

Got to love deals like that. You get rid of stuff that would be a pain to sell and in return......
                .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Cool. Good deal all round then.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X