cb radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cb radio

anyone recommend me a good set up for a nw pajero ? Photo of where you put the radio etc is appreciated.
    Iron Bark MY13 VRX NW Pajero 4WD Newbie.
    Ultimate suspension 2 inch lift, ARB Bull Bar, ARB High Intensity lights,Air Tech Snorkel, Rhino Roof platform, Mickey Thompson STZ, Clarion DVD Screen,Waeco CFX 50 Fridge ,UltraGuage EM Plus, MM towbar,Bush Skinz Under Body Protection, Electronic Rust Protection and a few other bits and pieces.

I have a GME TX3100 in place of the ashtray in our NP.

Stick to the bigger brands, ie GME, Uniden - I have a patrol that seeing was a cheap car went with a cheaper radio (oricom). radio lasted a week before being changed out for a GME.

Comment

yes sorry no pics but the GME brand for me and mounted on the drivers side of consul with double side velcro tape [ no holes drilled ]
      NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

GME unit with th GME din mount....

| 2010 NT Pajero GLS Manual DiD |

| ARB Deluxe Bullbar Colourcoded | Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards | Bilstein & Lovells HD Lift |
        | Bridgestone D697's LT | Airtec Snorkel | Lightforce 170 Spotlights | Rhino Bars & Darche Awning |
        | Milford Cargo Barrier | ARB Dual Battery Tray | Redarc Battery Isolator | LRA 58L Long Range Tank |
        | GME TX3510 | Polyair Bags | Runva EWX12000 Winch | SPVi EGR | Challenge Offroad Camper Trailer |

Purchased But Still To Fit - | MMA Spare Wheel Lift |

Comment

The tx4500 ive justngot for the patrol is a full din unit with speaker in front. Good unit so far

Comment

I fitted a Uniden RM770 to our 'NW' ,because all the controls are in the handset all you see is the Handset ( mike ), which is fitted on the side of the centre consul near your left knee. The controlling unit , which is very small, fits inside the Glovebox down the back where there is a handy recess which takes the unit comfortably. Some drilling down the back of the glovebox and out the side to exit the power and antenna cables is required.
            2012 NW 'ACTIV' ARB suspension, Dual Battery system,Hella 'Compact' driving Lamps. Polyair air bags

Comment

Sorry the set would be UH7760NB ( number I gave would be for the mike only )
              2012 NW 'ACTIV' ARB suspension, Dual Battery system,Hella 'Compact' driving Lamps. Polyair air bags

Comment

Another vote for the GME. I have a GME TX3100...a very small unit which sits below the steering wheel (footwell) to the left. I'm pretty sure GME have a deal at the moment where they throw in a free hand-held UHF unit (handy for when you jump out of your car).
                Last edited by abw; 14-12-13, 05:59 PM.
                was Pajero NS 2008

now GU Patrol

Comment

Same here GME TX3520 with remote head.
                  NW ironbark Platinum 3.2 DiD Auto, MM Alloy Bull Bar, TX3520 UHF Radio, 175 Narva Driving Lights, Engine Watch Dog, Piranha Dual Battery System, 16 foot olympic javelin caravan.

Comment

any photos cranky keen on how you installed urs thanks for advice every one
                    Ultimate suspension 2 inch lift, ARB Bull Bar, ARB High Intensity lights,Air Tech Snorkel, Rhino Roof platform, Mickey Thompson STZ, Clarion DVD Screen,Waeco CFX 50 Fridge ,UltraGuage EM Plus, MM towbar,Bush Skinz Under Body Protection, Electronic Rust Protection and a few other bits and pieces.

Comment

Still think the Uniden ( UH 7760NB ) is worth a look at particularly if you are concerned about units hanging off consoles or having to extensively modify ashtray areas. The uniden , as commented, has a very small 'main unit' which can easily be installed in the glovebox, wires then are passed behind console and speaker cable, which has an extension to enable it to reach the mike, is also passed around the back to be located on the side of the console near the left knee. All controls are in the speaker. This is the only item you see.

Not knocking GME I've had two in previous vehicles.

Comment

GME Electrophone TX3345 + GME AE4018K1 Antenna Pack

I was recommended this package and best price so far is 460.91 supplied from prestiage communications anyone got a review about this company or combo please let me know

Comment

Originally posted by anhie View Post
                          GME Electrophone TX3345 + GME AE4018K1 Antenna Pack

I was recommended this package and best price so far is 460.91 supplied from prestiage communications anyone got a review about this company or combo please let me know
                          GME TX3345 UHF 80 CHANNEL 5W RADIO

Comment

Mate if your going to spend that sort of money I'd buy an Icom
                            http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ICOM-IC-4...item27dbe131f3

Comment

Sorry should be TX3540

I am after this model as i can hide the unit as the handset has everything on it .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X