Noisy aftermarket Shock absorbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisy aftermarket Shock absorbers

I realise there has been a lot of discussion regarding suggestions on what particular 'aftermarket' suspension to use, my question is in relation to whether those that fitted aftermarket suspension have had problems with noisy shock absorbers particularly in the rear.

I'm not going to name what brand I've fitted but I have a 'rattle' from the shocks on the rear of the vehicle. Some reason given for this is the problem with the monocoque construction of this type of vehicle and that the initial compression of the shocker is amplified through the body.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Jim
    Last edited by Pajero1947; 16-12-13, 03:38 PM.
    2012 NW 'ACTIV' ARB suspension, Dual Battery system,Hella 'Compact' driving Lamps. Polyair air bags

Check the tightness of the top mount on the shocks. When I fitted my bilstein's they were noisy on my way to the mechanic for a service and wheel alignment. Mentioned it to them and they had a look, tightened the top mounts up and rattle gone.
    2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

Originally posted by grhyso View Post
      Check the tightness of the top mount on the shocks. When I fitted my bilstein's they were noisy on my way to the mechanic for a service and wheel alignment. Mentioned it to them and they had a look, tightened the top mounts up and rattle gone.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

It's not the assembly I've a problem with as the shockers where fitted by the supplier, I've had a second set fitted since and still have this rattle.
      2012 NW 'ACTIV' ARB suspension, Dual Battery system,Hella 'Compact' driving Lamps. Polyair air bags

Comment

Yes one of the manufactures had rattle problem with their adjustable shocks and I believe withdrew them from the market. Apparently its the valve mechanism , and the sound travels through the car due to the proximity of the shock tower to the body work.
        Suggest you call the supplier direct and have a quiet chat without mentioning you are having issues. These guys are usually enthuiasts and are usually keen to help anyone who is genuine..
        2013 NW GLX-R Factory Locker, TC mod,Dual Battery, 240V inverter, Anderson Plug, Fire Extinguisher. GME TX3500 UHF Radio, MM Alloy Bar, ORU 12000lb Winch,EGR mod, Fancy wheels, 33" Pirelli ATR Tyres, LRA Aux tank, Custom bash plates & Rock sliders, Ultra Gauge, ARB Compressor, LED Light bar, little mods around the cabin. Kings Std Ratecoils & Ultimate Shocks, Firestone HP airbags, Airteck Snorkel, Hema 6. Towing: Starcraft outback

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X