No announcement yet.

Bullbar photos! Opposite Lock V ARB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi legends, today had an opposite lock post type bar installed by OL Wangara (Perth).
    Colour coded white to match my glxr. Looks awesome, and checked all the bolts and how it mounts to the front crossmember and everything looks perfect.....but...!!!!
    I am definitely not the expert when it comes to wiring but what I noted is that the 4 factory connectors (2 x fog lights + 2 x indicators) are left "there", with obviously no globe connected to them.
    I'll post some photos tomorrow but basically it's like they have spliced the cables, run the new wiring to the new light in the bullbar but left the original connectors in place.
    Question : is this safe in case of a water crossing (or generally speaking) ?
    As I said I am far from being an expert in this situation but it doesn't feel right!?

Comment

Originally posted by signo1985 View Post
      Hi legends, today had an opposite lock post type bar installed by OL Wangara (Perth).
      Colour coded white to match my glxr. Looks awesome, and checked all the bolts and how it mounts to the front crossmember and everything looks perfect.....but...!!!!
      I am definitely not the expert when it comes to wiring but what I noted is that the 4 factory connectors (2 x fog lights + 2 x indicators) are left "there", with obviously no globe connected to them.
      I'll post some photos tomorrow but basically it's like they have spliced the cables, run the new wiring to the new light in the bullbar but left the original connectors in place.
      Question : is this safe in case of a water crossing (or generally speaking) ?
      As I said I am far from being an expert in this situation but it doesn't feel right!?
      It shouldn't cause you any bother,

If they've used scotch locks or any other man i would be annoyed

When you say "spliced" , it almost sounds like they've run new wires & not just joined to the originals?

Are you sure the wires left behind now have now circuits at all?
      Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonmc73 View Post
        It shouldn't cause you any bother,

If they've used scotch locks or any other man i would be annoyed

When you say "spliced" , it almost sounds like they've run new wires & not just joined to the originals?

Are you sure the wires left behind now have now circuits at all?
        As far as i could see, no scotch locks thank God
        I will have another look tonight or tomorrow, at first look it seemed like they splice them (which explains why the older connector are still there), but need to take a closer look.
        i need to go back anyway because they need to add a little mudguard or whatever and wasnt in stock that day, so i will tell them.

Re being live or not not sure have not tested them yet, don't have a multi-meter on hand atm

Comment

Just got back from Cape Peron (shark Bay) , what an awesome place!!
          So far the bullbar and the front crossmember have survived the corrugations lol.
          Anyway RE the older fog light connectors "left there", well they are definitely live. I put a globe in and it turned on.
          Again, is this normal? I can't quite see how they have connected them but it definitely doesn't seem normal.
          Opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by signo1985 View Post
            J well they are definitely live. I put a globe in and it turned on.
            Again, is this normal? I can't quite see how they have connected them but it definitely doesn't seem normal.
            Opinions?
            Opinion only

I think Australia has a lack of talent available for many given jobs & the unsatiable appetite for profits by companies & fitters being pinned to time clocks with high business costs, brings about many jobs they are not of the highest standard, although the prices paid are of a level one would expect a factory fitted finish.

I guess it would have taken longer to tidy it up , or the fitter & or company doesn't have attention to detail or any pride in his/ there
            work?
            Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16

Comment

Well, one or the other but yes, we expect factory finish jobs and these dont always match the expectations.
              Anyway, i went to an auto electrician just for a chat and he said it can happen and it isnt really something to worry about. He actually said some triton and pajero come with live unused connectors from factory, in case of need.
              I just sealed mine with electric tape....

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X