Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good yugi. Up where it should be

Comment

Cheers spiderpig. Intake air temps on my usual runs are sitting in the 30 - 40deg c range then dropping to about 30. Engine temps are in range of 86-88 range but it still is sitting on the usual 87 deg c spot.

Uphill IA temps are climbing into the 40's but coming back into the 30's

Difficult to compare with outside temps because I reckon the sensor is affected by the IC in front of it.
      2013 NW GLXR: Bushskinz all round, Rasllar Rear Bar, Tradesman RR with Drifta Rapid Wing Awning, BB & winch, snorkel, HPD FMIC, & other bits and pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by Yugi View Post
        Difficult to compare with outside temps because I reckon the sensor is affected by the IC in front of it.
        Yep, the temp reads about 4 degrees warmer than ambient
        The other temps are what I see as well

John

Comment

Pipework Pictures

Here's some pictures of the pipework inside the engine bay.
          Attached Files
          2013 NW GLXR: Bushskinz all round, Rasllar Rear Bar, Tradesman RR with Drifta Rapid Wing Awning, BB & winch, snorkel, HPD FMIC, & other bits and pieces.

Comment

Hi, how much do you reckon you get extra power and torque from this Intercooler? .. Can you actually feel the difference is is it Suttle? ..

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Comment

The engine seems more responsive (when you put the foot down - it wants to go) but you know this may be a placebo effect. The numbers below are a guide and not definitive because the car is carrying more weight when I added the new FMIC as I put a rear bar on.

1) Jan 2015 pre/run max power 97.1kW at 84km/hr - max torque 1,055.2Nm at 39km/hr
              - with chip/3 inch exh. max pwer 113.5 kW at 91km/hr - max torque 1,309.6 Nm at 39 km/hr

2) Aug 2016 with new FMIC max power 108.9kW at 94km/hr. I don't have the torque data.
              Max EGT temps before cooler 525.9 deg c at 98km/hr.
              After new cooler max EGT 508.4 deg c at 106km/hr.

As you can see a slight decrease in power - I have to get the torque readings at some stage but a good improvement in max EGT readings.
              The numbers aren't everything as the intercooler is now up out of the way which I reassuring.

I've noticed it's using a bit more engine oil and I change it every 7,500km. My mechanic is anti-mods and reckons the engines getting blow-by. There's some soot on the bar near the exhaust. I have a catch-can fitted and EGR block on it. The catch can is doing it's job he says as there was plenty of oil in it. Car has done about 62,500km.

Comment

Did you ever get the torque v power curves?

2 years on, are you happy with the upgrade and was it money well spent (would you do it again)?
                2011 NW Pajero Platinum

Comment

Hi. Do you know how the grill was trimmed? Any pictures. I just installed the kit and took whole saturday and buggered can i figure out how to trim the grill. Ive had to modify the bracket for intercooler too as it was slightly too small for the car

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X