Anyway to turn off traction control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyway to turn off traction control

Hi guys. Sometimes I like to wheel in 2wd so it's more fun to get stuck lol anyways I'd like to turn off traction control so it doesn't take over.
    Is there a easy way of doing this.

You can turn off the stability control with the button near left knee.

This will allow you to do fun slides and such without the computer cutting throttle.

If you want traction control totally off I suppose you could pull the abs fuse/relay out.

Is it worth it, not in my opinion, better off finding some tougher tracks that you can really enjoy the capabilities of the car rather than deliberately making it less capable lol.
    2011 MY12 NW Pajero GL (White)

Factory Rear Diff lock | Modded Traction Control | Hankook RT03 MT LT265/70/17 | Uniden 7760nb UHF | Opposite Lock 3 Loop steel bar with fog lights |Runva EXW12000 | Bushskinz plates and sliders |Ultimate Suspension true 50mm Lift (above factory trim)

Wishlist:

Comment

Yeah turning asc off isn't enough. Don't like traction control kicking in when I don't want it too. Same in 4hi I think it's still on if memory serves me correctly.
      Only turns off when diff lock is on or in low range.

Comment

It doesn't turn off in low range either, only when you lock the back diff. It would be good to have an off switch for muddy situations for those of us without diff lock.
        1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
        1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
        2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

Their must be a way for someone smarter than me to work out to trick the traction control to think the diff lock is turned on. Could it be as simple as a wire from diff lock switch to tc if we could find which one and how many volts then you could ad a power source
          Back from the Dark side
          NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

Well good to hear others are interested in this aswell.
            Surely there is a easy way.

Comment

I'm with Kumabear on this one, really think it is dangerous to turn traction control off.

However, they may be a good reason I cannot think of to turn it off.

Why don't you look at the traction control mod, somewhere in the description it must give the colour wire to tap into to put a switch in.

Link: http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ock+mod&page=3

onallfour
              Valued Member

i used a double pole double throw (DPDT)relay and used the normally closed contacts. so when the relay is energised it breaks the circuits.
              tried to attach but i failed so it is in a word doc below
              now just looking at the left hand side of the pic(WIRING DIAGRAM) , the right had side in pretty colour isnt for intended for this circuit.

wire the switch and the cut wires from car like this

A will go to ARB switch
              B will go to Gnd on car
              5 can have 1 side of gray wire (one you have to cut from car loom)
              1 will be other side of gray wire (one you have to cut from car loom)
              6 will be the 1 side of green wire (one you have to cut from car loom)
              2 will be other side of green wire (one you have to cut from car loom)

to prove it worked on my car i had it in park, engine on and put in 4wd low range and selected diff lock ( rear). the ABS etc will be on the dash. Press the ARB switch and the ABS etc lights will turn off
              Attached Files Doc1.doc (28.0 KB, 285 views)

Reading the thread that I linked, looks like Gossamer asked the same question you did. Maybe PM him, see if he worked out how to disable traction control.
              2010 3.2 DiD Activ Pajero 5sp Manual. Bilstein and HD Lovells 50mm lift, Toyo Open Country II A/T, Diff breathers, SPV EGR Mod, Exedy HD Clutch, Xforce 3" exhaust, Electric brake controller, Lightforce 170 Striker spotlights, Cree broad beam light bar, Front bumper camera, Reversing camera system for trailer, Airtec Snorkel. Full set of Bushskinz bash plates.

Comment

I wouldn't say turning traction control of is dangerous, it just makes the vehicle a bit useless without it on uneven terrain off road.

My reasons for wanting to turn it off are for loose gravel and mud, the traction control works overtime and promptly overheats in about 100metres. It is braking each wheel so much it has the effect of cutting power even though it's not. After which time a series of loud beeps happen, the traction control shuts down and then good progress can be made.
                1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
                2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...7&postcount=50

Cut the grey wire, hook in a switch to ground it.

My paj came without a factory rear diff lock. I did a lot of reading about the guys who were trying to keep the traction on when they turned their diff locks on and just backtracked until I found how to do the opposite.

On my NS the grey wire is connected to the traction computer, it tells it when the (would be) factory rear locker is engaged. This is just me with a switch so I can make full use of the lockers without the computers overriding my foot input.

When the switch is on (in any mode -2H, 4H, 4HLC, 4LLC) it turns off ASC, TC, EBD, ABS. Basically you are left with a patrol with no wheel travel !

Makes life fun in the mud !
                  NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by NJV6 View Post
                    I wouldn't say turning traction control of is dangerous, it just makes the vehicle a bit useless without it on uneven terrain off road.

My reasons for wanting to turn it off are for loose gravel and mud, the traction control works overtime and promptly overheats in about 100metres. It is braking each wheel so much it has the effect of cutting power even though it's not. After which time a series of loud beeps happen, the traction control shuts down and then good progress can be made.
                    In this case I would just be using the ASC switch. That's all I use in sand and on dirt. Unless the lockers are in.
                    NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by green troll View Post
                      Hi guys. Sometimes I like to wheel in 2wd so it's more fun to get stuck lol anyways I'd like to turn off traction control so it doesn't take over.
                      Is there a easy way of doing this.
                      Yeah, sometimes I like to turn the traction off and do skids too!
                      NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Slo78u View Post
                        In this case I would just be using the ASC switch. That's all I use in sand and on dirt. Unless the lockers are in.
                        I do. Or have in in low so it's off. But it is the t/c that is the issue here, not ASC.

Thank you for the link, I will work on a switch.

Comment

Anyway to turn off traction control

Yeah it's just nice not having traction control working if I don't really need it. Gets annoying cutting in when not needed. Have also had it over heat too. Get back to basics like my old GQ but have the option of TC if I actually want it
                          And yes I'm talking TC not ASC.

Thanks for the link. I'll have a look at the wiring diagram and see if it would be the same.
                          Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Slo78u View Post
                            http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...7&postcount=50

Cut the grey wire, hook in a switch to ground it.

Makes life fun in the mud !
                            So your just connecting the computer side of the grey wire to earth via a switch??? I have the traction control mod but it only works when diff lock is selected and it involves cutting 2 wires.
                            Back from the Dark side
                            NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

Yep.

It tricks the computer and turns everything off.
                              NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X