Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consul storage and better water bottle storage mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consul storage and better water bottle storage mods?

My own fault, I bought the NX sight unseen. Needed 7 seats, needed a bigger car but not a prado, land cruiser or another land rover. Took the view a Pajero is the smaller of the full sized 4x4's though bigger then the mid sized 4x4s. Should have had a gander but foolishly assumed the modern car has water bottle holders galore.

So now I have realised the centre consul is good for 600ml bottles in myself and the wife don't have our phones stuffed down the holes, and F and R door cars are sadly lacking......are there any mods done to create console or door card space. Does anyone do aftermarket door cards or consul inserts for example.

Or what have you done?

I know what you mean !

I bought a pair of these holders which slide down between the console and the seat. I usually only have one on the passenger side but if we go away, I'll put both in so we have plenty of storage for pens, phones etc. They aren't ideal but they do the job OK.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20201115_205703884.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.1 KB ID:	1067625 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20201115_205712551.jpg Views:	0 Size:	130.2 KB ID:	1067626

and then we have a net between the seats for light stuff.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20201115_210757336.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.4 KB ID:	1067627 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20201115_210708176.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.8 KB ID:	1067628
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

interesting, do you recall where from?

Comment

I saw them on an online advert but I just Googled and found them on Wish.com

https://www.wish.com/product/5def323..._wcB&share=web

The storage net is on eBay and that is a very handy item.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/36309242...MaAiaVEALw_wcB
        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

Thanks Ian, just ordered some of the nick-nack holders that fit beside the seats. Will see how they go but ponder if they are annoying on the leg, perhaps I could reverse them and screw them to the upper side wall of the transmission tunnel. May require a bit of packing to make them level but at a quick look there is space there depending on their size.

The wife has reminded me the kids have carry alls that hang of the back of the front seats, so perhaps they are sorted as can always shove a bottle into them. Just have to find them now.

Comment

That storage net is a good idea. Maybe it'll keep the kids from climbing over when they should be getting their belts on.
            NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by jaffles View Post
              Thanks Ian, just ordered some of the nick-nack holders that fit beside the seats. Will see how they go but ponder if they are annoying on the leg, perhaps I could reverse them and screw them to the upper side wall of the transmission tunnel. May require a bit of packing to make them level but at a quick look there is space there depending on their size.

The wife has reminded me the kids have carry alls that hang of the back of the front seats, so perhaps they are sorted as can always shove a bottle into them. Just have to find them now.
              They are OK as far as touching your leg goes. You could possibly cut the cup holder bit off the end and turn them around so the clean end faces forward. Just a thought.

Another thing we do with our drink bottles is put them in a stubby holder and then in the Paj cup holders. Stops them rattling around and helps keep the drink cool.

Comment

Duno if it helps or not but we've found that the smaller Sodastream bottles fit nicely into the driver/passenger drink holders. They are a bit loose but not by a huge amount. not 100% sure what size the bottles are.
                For the rear passengers the centre arm rest has bottle holders in it but not sure what they'll fit as we use the seatback organisers

EDIT - They are the Soda King bottles and they fit in the rear seat centre arm rest holders as well
                Last edited by dhula; 28-11-20, 04:39 PM. Reason: Added info
                2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
                2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

I found that a bottomless stubby holder around a water bottle gives a solid fit in the standard holders
                  Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Baintech powertop aux battery in cargo area (removable), Jaycar battery isolator, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X