• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Fling in the Pajero - Unsealed 4x4

https://www.unsealed4x4.com.au/a-fin...+-+16+Nov+2020

The guy is obviously not a fan.
    Last edited by Ian H; 2 weeks ago.
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.

MMAL didnt pay him, but I am sure someone else had.
    My20 Nx gls graphite | tow bar| Plates sum,trans&rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch can| Automate| Rock slider| Diff Breather| 17 NP alloy rims (in progress)| Paddle shift| 40W LED Fog light|

Comment

The motor maybe old school but it's bloody reliable as hell.

Comment

It still defies belief why MMAL have pushed the Sport to the detriment of the Paj. Obviously much bigger margin to be had and have to chase the competition. But there was a time when they led the market. Independent suspension being poo-pooed and all, now it is getting difficult to find a live axle. I am very grateful that I have a Paj made in Japan. The workmanship is notable.

And what's with the comments about the 3.2 being "not the smoothest"? I've never thought that the engine was rough. Laggy but not un-smooth.
        NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post

And what's with the comments about the 3.2 being "not the smoothest"? I've never thought that the engine was rough. Laggy but not un-smooth.
          I drive a Triton with 2.5 litre engine, I brought MY16 Pajero.
          So i drive both, ok not the 2.4 litre Triton/ sport.

I have no idea, i find the 3.2 litre engine fine, it's pedigree & cubic capacity to do the job was a feature for me.

To me it's a bit like Iphones, current one works fine, but guess what, the "new & improved" has three camera's .

Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16

Comment

Is the current NX made in Japan? I hope so. After having a Defender assembled by hand in England, I'm surprised they won the war.

I don't find the 3.2 noisy, actually quite the opposite. Furthermore I'm happy it has only 5 gears and the combination has been around for some time. Not sure 2. something litre motors wound up to an inch of their life with 7 or 8 speed gearboxes sound cheap to fix or overly reliable in the longer run once out of warranty.

Comment

I just read an another article by the self professed ”legend” which included the following: ” I have driven so many fantastic vehicles in my time at 4X4, from luxury vehicles like LX570s and Range Rovers, to tough tourers like 70 Series Land Cruisers and GU Patrols. But the vehicle that’s given me the best memories is the Land Rover Defender.”

Memories maybe nightmares more like it! I sometimes wonder at the bias of some of these articles. It definitely won’t be my and our last fling.

Comment

Originally posted by jaffles View Post
                ......... After having a Defender assembled by hand in England, I'm surprised they won the war.......
                They didn't - the US did with its industrial might, nuclear technology and manpower.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
                  It still defies belief why MMAL have pushed the Sport to the detriment of the Paj. Obviously much bigger margin to be had and have to chase the competition. I am very grateful that I have a Paj made in Japan. The workmanship is notable.
                  Paint for one, i wash both of the below,
                  I'm no paint guru have no idea, observational study only.
                  Triton 2015 made in Thailand, 114k's
                  Observation only paint chips they rust, around bonnet rubber stoppers can see same slight rusty colour appearing, under/ around the rubber stoppers on radiator support panel
                  same car had rust mark on a door edge one month old, fixed under warranty 2015 model

Pajero 2015 MY16 GLS, made in Japan, 92k's
                  Observation only Paint chips, not rusty, i see no sign of rust colouration on this vehicle. Side by side looked around both for comparison.
                  This car lived closer to salt air since new, i know exactly where previous owner lived & worked

To me it appears the paint is not as thick or cheaper, something is not the same. I suspect it is different prep & application of paint & quite possibly thinner in thickness when you look around the rubbers door edges etc.

Last edited by Jasonmc73; 1 week ago.
                  Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16

Comment

Thai produced vehicles (eg Triton. Pajero Sport) have paint thickness of around 70 micron and Japanese Pajero is around 120 micron.
                    MY15 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries, Redarc BC-DC, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, Munji EGR, GME 3350 UHF, Boo's bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65R18, TPMS, 40mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta Rapid 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, TC mod, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator cooler bypass, KAON barrier, MM nudgebar, Fyrlyt Luxsis 5000. Stockman allroada pod trailer with ARB Simpson 3 RTT.

Comment

Hi Guys. Just bought one brand new 2 weeks ago. This is after reading and watching plenty of youtube video review within the same line as this article.

Test ridden both the pajero sport and this one. I have a smile on my face from ear to ear after 30 seconds of driving this. I may be biased, but I prefer the handling on this than any other ute based vehicle I tested.

My wife and I was looking for a "city car" that can be taken offroad a bit and have flat cargo area. This one fits the bill perfectly and more.

Yes it is a bit loud, however the sound deadening I installed last weekend on 4 doors fixes that. Catch can coming next week.

Happy new owner.
                      MY20 NX Pajero GLX 3.2

Comment

What type of sound deadening did you install netbug and did you apply it to both the inside skin and inside of the outside door skins, I'm thinking about doing is a project over christmas.
                        2016 NX GLS MY16 | MMA towbar | Boo's bash plates | ProVent 200 catch can | 2" Lovells SD (F+R) + Bilsteins | Stedi 28" ST4K | Falken Wildpeak AT3s | iDRIVE

Comment

The blood runs deep for some it seems.
                          I've driven Prado, Hilux, LC70's, Pajero, Triton, Jackaroo, Colorado, Patrol, Ranger over the last 41 years at work.
                          From my perspective the review is pretty accurate. Some things, like the engine perception is relative.
                          In contemporary times there are old world aspects that cant be denied. The analogue dash is hard to see, the steering lacks feel, the seats and throttle response are ordinary, it doesn't have all the latest electronic safety features, unitary construction transmits road noise. The OEM roof rails are crap. Its suspension was world class in 2000 but not optimum for towing due to rear camber/caster changes (trailing arms are too short) and the trailing arm bushes flog out quickly, although it has been popular with the grey nomads.
                          It does have an engine and drive train that history shows is flexible, capable and bulletproof. As a wagon it also rides well around town and on highway (unlike Trailblazer/MUX) and is a capable off roader. Good turning circle and feels smaller than it is on road (unlike Prado). It comes standard with a decent auto transmission cooler (not just a cheapo pipe through the radiator like its competitors). It has old world, sound fit for purpose engineering. Possibly the last of the breed in that regard.
                          None the less as I approach retirement and armed with that experience and eyes wide open I settled on an NX Pajero for my future adventures.
                          Last edited by redbruce; 1 week ago.
                          MY15 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries, Redarc BC-DC, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, Munji EGR, GME 3350 UHF, Boo's bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65R18, TPMS, 40mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta Rapid 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, TC mod, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator cooler bypass, KAON barrier, MM nudgebar, Fyrlyt Luxsis 5000. Stockman allroada pod trailer with ARB Simpson 3 RTT.

Comment

Originally posted by dc80 View Post
                            What type of sound deadening did you install netbug and did you apply it to both the inside skin and inside of the outside door skins, I'm thinking about doing is a project over christmas.
                            Stinger expert soundeadening. You can buy a door kit from autobarn or online. Only need to apply on the outside door skin.

Also it easier to cut in into strips before sticking instead have to struggle with a large sheet.
                            No need to cover every inch of the door.

https://stingeraustralia.com.au/product/rkxdk/
                            MY20 NX Pajero GLX 3.2

Comment

Originally posted by netbug View Post

Stinger expert soundeadening. You can buy a door kit from autobarn or online. Only need to apply on the outside door skin.

Also it easier to cut in into strips before sticking instead have to struggle with a large sheet.
                              No need to cover every inch of the door.

https://stingeraustralia.com.au/product/rkxdk/
                              Stinger Soundproofing cost $110 m2 where as Dynamat Extreme cost $80m2.
                              Research the specifications and make your own mind up which product is best to use.

OJ.
                              2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                              MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X