My2021 nx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nj swb View Post

AdBlue is a urea solution. If left stagnant for too long, the urea can crystallise, and block the injector lines. This means no AdBlue injection, which means no emissions control, which is not desirable - so AdBlue systems are gifted sufficient intelligence to recognise that AdBlue is not being injected, and create grief for the driver.

As I understand it, once the urea has crystallised in the lines (or elsewhere, like valves, I guess?) it is very difficult to unblock - so it must be beyond the ability of your average service monkey. Plug in computer, computer say replace system.

Personally, I'd rather have AdBlue than EGR & DPF, but I'd make sure I know how to unblock the system, or carry the right spares.
    We sell a machine with ADD blue & i cannot recall one problem, no hot burn off's in drought conditions either.

This particular machine burns about 4% ADD blue to diesel, also has cat convertor thing integrated into the ADD blue injection dealing with particulates. I cannot recall any downtime created along with no furnace in dry grasses at any time.

But i'm sure there's a truck on a highway somewhere that failed

The ADD blue system can be switched off although in a vehicle that would be illegal.

Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16

Comment

If the Urea in your body crystallizes in your joints you end up with Gout.

Comment

Sometimes I miss the convenience of a petrol engine. I won't let my wife/son/daughter drive my beloved NX because they can't remember about glowing, not to switch off when the CatB1S1 alarm is screaming and only fill up with diesel. Wife drives a RAV4 and no one can understand the fuss of a diesel engine. My NX will probably be the last diesel I will ever own.

03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | Tow Bar | Catch Can | Pre Fuel Filter | EGR Off Module | K&N Filter | Roof Racks | Torque Pro | Tuningkit Race Chip | Auto-Mate (pending install)

Comment

Thank you all,

Reading all your response is definitely indicating that my current will be a keeper. Definitely peace of mine without the DPF and I'll have to start adding a few extra accessories to it.
          XSWAT 1998 NL GL, 3.5L MANUAL, 2" OME 50 mm Lift, MAXXIS 751 33X12.5R15 on CSA N26 RIMS with -11 OFFSET, UNIDEN UHF, NARVA 175 SPOTTIES, AIRCON & RADIO/CD,......CONVERTED to SEVEN SEATER, Manual Hubs (ex tritton)
          1990 NG SWB 2.5 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, 33s, LIGHT BAR, GEN 2 IDLER & PITMAN ARMS. PLANS - Dual Battery, GEN2 front brake calipers.
          1999 NL SWB 2.8 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, ARB BULLBAR, DUAL BATTERY, SPOTTIES, ROOF RACK.
          2016 MY16 PAJERO GLX AUTO DID GRAPHITE COLOR STOCK

Comment

I have a 2010 NT and frankly, i dont see what the 2021 model gives me over what i currently have. Add on a modern HU with Carplay etc, and its almost up to date with the latest off the showroom floor.
            Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

Originally posted by 98NL GL View Post
              my current will be a keeper.
              Personally, I think you have made the right decision.

The 2016 Pajeros are great. (But I am a bit biased )

Seriously though, there is not a lot of difference between my dads 2010 and my 2016, so the idea of moving to a 2021, by tipping in a heap of cash and getting almost the same vehicle, makes no sense to me.
              2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent catch can, Boos bash plates, Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, fridge slide, kings springs, Dunlop ATG3s, Auto-mate, ultragauge, more to come...

Comment

I purposely brought MY16, price was one factor why i chose Pajero, suited my budget & bang for buck proven as well.

My understanding is sound deadening changed when went to NX, from memory only that is.

Yes it has Apple Car Play, Yes I like Apple Car play.

Comment

NT to NW I’m sure there would have been some NVH improvements as well as differences in standard gear (My NW has rear diff lock and rear A/C which you may or may not have in NT depending on model). NX would be better again on the NVH front. I have an aftermarket head unit so ditched the standard unit that NW came with. NX’s would all have a better standard headunit of course than NT or NW. I’m happy with my NW, no DPF and not even 90,000 km on it so far
                  2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
                  MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Keithyv View Post
                    NT to NW I’m sure there would have been some NVH improvements as well as differences in standard gear (My NW has rear diff lock and rear A/C which you may or may not have in NT depending on model). NX would be better again on the NVH front. I have an aftermarket head unit so ditched the standard unit that NW came with. NX’s would all have a better standard headunit of course than NT or NW. I’m happy with my NW, no DPF and not even 90,000 km on it so far
                    Mine's a NT Platinum, so came with rear AC as well as rear diff lock. MMCS HU sucks on the NT so like many others i am now exploring options to add in Apple Car Play. Thankfully, a BT receiver i added to the iPOD port lets me stream music from my phone which has helped delay the need to upgrade the HU.

203,000 kms and going.
                    Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

when I added some accessories into my paj, I opened the console and most of the flooring. there are quite a lot sound deadening foam attached but you can do that by yourself maybe better result depending on the material.
                      My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate| Rock Slider| Diff Breather| 17 NP Alloy Rims (waiting for deployment)| Paddle Shift| 40W LED Fog Light|

Comment

Originally posted by bennyb29 View Post
                        I have a 2010 NT and frankly, i dont see what the 2021 model gives me over what i currently have. Add on a modern HU with Carplay etc, and its almost up to date with the latest off the showroom floor.
                        That's exactly what I did when I was thinking of changing the NX after 5 years of trouble free touring. I put in a new HU with Android Auto and it's now a 2021 model.
                        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian H View Post

That's exactly what I did when I was thinking of changing the NX after 5 years of trouble free touring. I put in a new HU with Android Auto and it's now a 2021 model.
                          Yep, my NW has a boat-load of ‘Dynamat’ in the doors and a Android Auto/ Apple CarPlay unit, updated speakers so probably quieter by far and better equipped than a ‘21 model NX Oh and it cost me probably $800 to do all that...
                          2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
                          MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Keithyv View Post

Yep, my NW has a boat-load of ‘Dynamat’ in the doors and a Android Auto/ Apple CarPlay unit, updated speakers so probably quieter by far and better equipped than a ‘21 model NX Oh and it cost me probably $800 to do all that...
                            So that makes it an NY then

You've trumped the crowd
                            Mines not as fancy as yours, just a soccer mums version at this stage,

First car i've had with Apple Car play & I must say i like it, also the speed of charge my phone takes on is quite quick

Comment

We traded our 2010 NT manual in April 2020 for a new NX. There were a variety of reasons for that: some rust high in the rear door frames, some clunking noises from the diff I could not identify and the fact that my wife was slowly getting sick of driving a manual. In addition, we had the ARB suspension put in to tow a caravan and it was rock hard around town.

We got what I considered an excellent trade-in figure, which I had been unable to replicate on Gumtree for 6 weeks. We got 7 years warrany and 2 years free servicing and an auto transmission, but in most respects it is the same car. I figure this will see us out, but it certainly chews much more juice than the old one (116K on clock), but it is more pleasurable to drive around town. Towing is substantially more expensive. Seats are slightly less comfortable and the DPF is a possible issue, although I don't reckon on it being as bad as some make out.

Would I do it again? Probably not, would more likely upgrade our second car for town use and longer bitumen touring and keep the old NT just for towing. Would I do what the OP is thinking of doing? Not in a month of Sundays, with only 57K, his car is just run in and there are no significant benefits in an NX that I can see. As somebody else said, changeover could be $20K and you can spend half that on your current car and have a much better vehicle, in my view.

Comment

Would I do what the OP is thinking of doing? Not in a month of Sundays, with only 57K, his car is just run in and there are no significant benefits in an NX that I can see. As somebody else said, changeover could be $20K and you can spend half that on your current car and have a much better vehicle, in my view.

Thanks,

I'm totally with you and am definitely going to invest into making my NX an even much better vehicle. Oh I do love the apple car play on it too and I've just changed the factory grand trek tyres to Maxxis HT 770 and they are sweet as.

XSWAT 1998 NL GL, 3.5L MANUAL, 2" OME 50 mm Lift, MAXXIS 751 33X12.5R15 on CSA N26 RIMS with -11 OFFSET, UNIDEN UHF, NARVA 175 SPOTTIES, AIRCON & RADIO/CD,......CONVERTED to SEVEN SEATER, Manual Hubs (ex tritton)
                                1990 NG SWB 2.5 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, 33s, LIGHT BAR, GEN 2 IDLER & PITMAN ARMS. PLANS - Dual Battery, GEN2 front brake calipers.
                                1999 NL SWB 2.8 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, ARB BULLBAR, DUAL BATTERY, SPOTTIES, ROOF RACK.
                                2016 MY16 PAJERO GLX AUTO DID GRAPHITE COLOR STOCK

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X