Ultra Gauge And dpf readings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra Gauge And dpf readings

Hi I am looking for some information on whether the Ultra Gauge can read the Dpf temps on the Pajero NX so I have an indication of when it’s doing it’s burn, I have read a lot of info but a lot of its several years old. It also looks like you can program it to read quite a few reading like trans temp, coolant temp, etc is there a list of things it can read on the Pajero and are there any vendors on this site that sells them in Australia as I would like to support them rather than buying from the US. Any information would be greatly appreciated

i have an NS.
    Im not sure about on the ultra but on torque pro i set my cat sensor B1s1 to flash over 640 odd degrees.
    it gets that high some some long hill climbs (i ignore it then because it wont be doing a burn when im at full power), but its more for when im at cruise
    My Fuelly.com stats

Comment

Originally posted by v8r View Post
      i have an NS.
      Im not sure about on the ultra but on torque pro i set my cat sensor B1s1 to flash over 640 odd degrees.
      it gets that high some some long hill climbs (i ignore it then because it wont be doing a burn when im at full power), but its more for when im at cruise
      Hi v8r thanks for your reply, I haven’t looked at the torque pro so I will have a look at them, I wasn’t sure just what sensors the Pajero shows when hooked up to a reader/ display of some sort. I am looking at buying a new Pajero in the next few weeks or at least order one, so I am doing my research on the items I want to add when I get one.

Comment

Originally posted by flyreels View Post

Hi v8r thanks for your reply, I haven’t looked at the torque pro so I will have a look at them, I wasn’t sure just what sensors the Pajero shows when hooked up to a reader/ display of some sort. I am looking at buying a new Pajero in the next few weeks or at least order one, so I am doing my research on the items I want to add when I get one.
        Torque Pro app is around $25 to $30. If you purchase it make sure you also buy the Pajero extension. If you have a spare smart phone lying around put it on that. You will also be able to monitor engine load. Unfortunately us NS owners can't.

Comment

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post

Torque Pro app is around $25 to $30. If you purchase it make sure you also buy the Pajero extension. If you have a spare smart phone lying around put it on that. You will also be able to monitor engine load. Unfortunately us NS owners can't.
          Thanks for your reply unfortunately I don’t have a spare smart phone as I always give them to my daughter when I upgrade, does anyone know if the ultra gauge read the same things?

Comment

and are there any vendors on this site that sells them in Australia as I would like to support them rather than buying from the US. Any information would be greatly appreciated
            https://www.preciseauto.com.au/ultra...1.4-toyota~704

Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16

Comment

Hi thanks for that are they members of this site? it says on their site that the (see below)
              UltraGauge MX

The OBDII standard describes certain parameters which can be accessed via the OBDII. Many of the parameters are left to the manufacturer’s discretion to support or not. This is why the gauges available through UltraGauge are vehicle dependent. That’s why I was wondering if anyone on here that has an ultra gauge knows if it can read exhaust temp on the NX. I know the NS with the torque pro can thanks to v8r.
              I will email the link that Jasonmc provided on Monday and ask them but in the mean time hopefully someone on here might know.
              What other parameters do you use on the ultra gauge that you find useful other than the auto trans and water temp?

Comment

I bought my ultragauge from the US. It was purely a financial decision. I agree, buy local but I couldn't handle paying about a hundred bucks more. The idea that it's programmed to your vehicle is not exactly right. You plug it in, it communicates with the ECU and determines which protocol is being used, sets itself up accordingly and away you go. Having said that, there are a couple of programmable readings for the transmission temps but only on the MX 1.4 model. This is the one you need, don't get the other one, EM I think it is or you can't monitor transmission temps.

I use mine to monitor trans temps ( pipe and pan), coolant temps, intake temps and speed (found it easier to glance at than the speedo). Just one page on static display but the option is there to have several (7?) screens , each with different readings, and have them scrolling continually.

My pajero doesn't have a dpf so can't help much there but I have read here (somewhere) that it's not a single reading when burning but several parameters which indicate a burn is in progress. I know that one was the boost goes to about 0 but don't recall the others. No doubt one would be fuel related but have never seen mention of egt readings.

Edit, don't be concerned about all the talk of programming. I am usually pretty useless with this sort of thing but found it very straightforward
                Last edited by Two Emms; 1 week ago. Reason: More info
                2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Dunlop ATG3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge MX 1.4, Uniden 8080s, more to come...

Comment

Hi thanks Two Emms for you reply were did you get yours from was it just the ultra gauge site in the US? That helps knowing that it’s not too hard to program, I seen the water temps directions on setting that up and that was good, but I was wondering if you had to program the other reading and that would be ok if I could find the values it needed, but I think I would be lost without the values as I am not very good at that sort of thing either . This is a fantastic site with loads of great information and I really appreciate all the help I get and I am still trying to navigate my way around and find things, searching heaps reading lots but then forgetting we’re I found stuff, so now I copy the information I want and save it to a document so I can find it.

Comment

Yep, I got mine from the ultragauge site in the US

Well I actually had my son do it as he buys stuff from there fairly regularly. Now as to the price savings, this was based on buying the MX 1.4 ultragauge and all three mounting options. ( wasn't sure where I would install it). The other thing to note is that ultragauge push for FedEx delivery. My son specified USPS and saved 50 bucks, US bucks that is !! Down side? It took a month to arrive, and the tracking was useless but my son kept telling me that it would be o.k. as he uses USPS all the time.

Obviously ultragauge US don't specify one for pajero. I got the one for Toyota Tacoma/Tundra. Works fine.

The only programming I have had to do are the transmission temps. Look at the Auto-mate web page and there's instructions there. Thanks to Marshall who makes auto-mate and is a valuable member here. Every other reading sets itself. You just need to select while ones you want to display and on which screen.
                    2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Dunlop ATG3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge MX 1.4, Uniden 8080s, more to come...

Comment

Hi thanks Two Emms for you reply were did you get yours from was it just the ultra gauge site in the US? That helps knowing that it’s not too hard to program, I seen the water temps directions on setting that up and that was good, but I was wondering if you had to program the other reading and that would be ok if I could find the values it needed, but I think I would be lost without the values as I am not very good at that sort of thing either . This is a fantastic site with loads of great information and I really appreciate all the help I get and I am still trying to navigate my way around and find things, searching heaps reading lots but then forgetting we’re I found stuff, so now I copy the information I want and save it to a document so I can find it.
                      There should be a direct link to Ultragauge on the attached, which will also give you the code to programme the thing for the Pan & Pipe tranny temps.
                      I agree shop local, great idea & fantastic.
                      But in this instance, you may as well go give $100 to a food charity & support local that way, buy Ultragauge same place Precise Auotos are & probably at the same price I imagine.

When ordering as i'm about to you have to choose a vehicle it's for, I suspect we just choose Landcrusier 200 series

TwoEMMS can you canfirm if you could be so kind?

https://ultra-gauge.com/ZC/index.php...c7e0269f84018a

Attached Files
                      Last edited by Jasonmc73; 1 week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Two Emms View Post
                        Yep, I got mine from the ultragauge site in the US

Well I actually had my son do it as he buys stuff from there fairly regularly. Now as to the price savings, this was based on buying the MX 1.4 ultragauge and all three mounting options. ( wasn't sure where I would install it). The other thing to note is that ultragauge push for FedEx delivery. My son specified USPS and saved 50 bucks, US bucks that is !! Down side? It took a month to arrive, and the tracking was useless but my son kept telling me that it would be o.k. as he uses USPS all the time.

Obviously ultragauge US don't specify one for pajero. I got the one for Toyota Tacoma/Tundra. Works fine.

The only programming I have had to do are the transmission temps. Look at the Auto-mate web page and there's instructions there. Thanks to Marshall who makes auto-mate and is a valuable member here. Every other reading sets itself. You just need to select while ones you want to display and on which screen.
                        When ordering as i'm about to you have to choose a vehicle it's for, I suspect we just choose Landcrusier 200 series

TwoEMMS can you canfirm if you could be so kind?

Comment

Thanks Toyota Tacoma it is

Comment

Thanks for all your help Two Emms and Jasonmc73 I really appreciate it

Comment

Just make sure it's the MX 1.4 not the EM

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X