Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARB Smartbar DRL shorting, engine wont turn off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARB Smartbar DRL shorting, engine wont turn off.

Hi all,

I have a 2020 NX with a ARB Smart bar fitted with the indicator/DRL on the bullbar.

Recently did a water crossing about as deep as the tyre for about 200m and now i cannot turn off the engine when the headlights are on(DRL also on)

I got a few people saying that the ARB DRL loom has a diode which can short and send power back to the ignition(when lights on) and causing the engine to stay on even if the keys are removed but with the lights off the engine will turn off as usual.

Anybody have anymore info on this or gad this happen?

Anybody have a wiring diagram for the original DRL circuit, cant say for fore if ARB added their own loom or the existing loom has shorted.

Thanks all,

Simon
    Attached Files

Try in here bud.
    Short term disconnect the ARB added bits

http://faq.out-club.ru/download/paje...3/index_M1.htm
    Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier

Comment

Had exactly same thing happen to me with my ‘16 NX
      Happened at Lone Pine in Simpson Desert with car just 8 weeks old. Took me days to figure out the headlights on would feed power back into the ECUs. Initially squeezed fuel line to kill the engine each night.
      Yes, ARB bar and diode blew in earlier water crossing. So nice to know after 5 years ARB has done nothing to fix the defect.
      ARB dealer initially bypassed the diode. I said, you know that won’t fix it, and I’ll be back. Yep, high country in snow and it happened again.
      ARB then replaced the full bar wiring loom, and a auto elec installed it and properly sealed it. No problems since.

Get ARB to sort it out for you. It’s a known problem to them and I’m quite frankly shocked it’s still an issue.

cheers Marshall
      2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-mate
      2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
      Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate and NEW RELEASE auto-matePRO

Comment

Thanks heaps for the confirmation, just needed more info before talking to ARB about it but i used an ARB about 1hr away from me so cant be bothered to go back there when there's an ARB about 20mins away.

Does the DRL need a diode or can it be rewired with relays?

Comment

Its a known issue with Mitsibushi technical, so there have been a few cases. I have only seen two do it so far. Refer back to ARB as per above
          White 2018 MQ Triton Sportsbar Nudge Bar Towbar EDS

Master Tech at Main Dealer

mitsubishi-forums.com

Comment

Cheers, I've email ARB where it was installed so ill see what they say

Comment

Originally posted by Simono View Post
              Thanks heaps for the confirmation, just needed more info before talking to ARB about it but i used an ARB about 1hr away from me so cant be bothered to go back there when there's an ARB about 20mins away.

Does the DRL need a diode or can it be rewired with relays?
              Not sure as I haven’t seen the wiring diagrams. I suggest you focus on getting ARB to solve this problem as it is well known and they are responsible for sorting it out. But as I did, get the Installer to make sure the area where the diet is wrapped into the harness is now very well ‘water’ sealed so it doesn’t happen again.
              2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-mate
              Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate and NEW RELEASE auto-matePRO

Comment

So what i figured out is that they did not installed a new DRL into the bar, what they have done was rewire the included indicator/parker light on the bullbar with the existing wiring(i assume its existing) so now i am unsure whether it is an ARB issue or MM issue with their existing wiring loom.

Do you think this problem is possible with the existing wiring/lights if there was no bullbar installed?

Comment

what they have done was rewire the included indicator/parker light on the bullbar with the existing wiring I would start here myself

Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier

Comment

So what i figured out is that they did not installed a new DRL into the bar, what they have done was rewire the included indicator/parker light on the bullbar with the existing wiring(i assume its existing) so now i am unsure whether it is an ARB issue or MM issue with their existing wiring loom.

Do you think this problem is possible with the existing wiring/lights if there was no bullbar installed?
                    Nah. It’s an ARB issue. Never heard a similar report with a stock Pajero. Per previous post even MMAL know of it. ie. not their problem!

Comment

Anybody know where i can find the wiring diagram of the standard NX Pajero DRL wiring or location of the diode?

Comment

Have a look under Chassis Electrical, Headlamp, Symptom Chart.

http://faq.out-club.ru/download/paje...3/index_M1.htm

I could only find the diagram for LHD vehicles but RHD must be there somewhere. If not, it may be similar enough to work it out.
                        2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Dunlop ATG3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge MX 1.4, Uniden 8080s, more to come...

Comment

Thanks heaps!

Comment

i think i worked it out guys.

looks like ARB used the existing plug from the existing DRL/Park LED light and incorporated it with the ARB Smartbar Blinker/Parker light.

They wired the new blinker/parker to work as a blinker/DRL as a DRL was not included with the bar(optional extra).

They inadvertently joined the existing parker and DRL feed wires together which backfed power into the ignition when the headlights were on and ignition off, via the parker light feed.

Once i worked out which wire was which, i reconnected the DRL feed and isolated the parker feed so now it all works as normal.

Will monitor over the next few days.

Thanks all.
                            Attached Files

Comment

i think i worked it out guys.

looks like ARB used the existing plug from the existing DRL/Park LED light and incorporated it with the ARB Smartbar Blinker/Parker light.

They wired the new blinker/parker to work as a blinker/DRL as a DRL was not included with the bar(optional extra).

They inadvertently joined the existing parker and DRL feed wires together which backfed power into the ignition when the headlights were on and ignition off, via the parker light feed.

Once i worked out which wire was which, i reconnected the DRL feed and isolated the parker feed so now it all works as normal.

Will monitor over the next few days.

Thanks all.
                              Good work 👍
                              hopefully they get mine right this week.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X