Yokohama go15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yokohama go15

Hi guys has anyone had experience with these tyres,it’s going to be used for very light off road,gravel and wet fields,light snow and wet iced roads,the worst thing is the wife is selling her shogun,and replacing it with a Mini Countryman all4,I’m gutted,but as fuel prices in U.K. are almost at£2.00 a litre so can’t afford to run 2x shoguns ,so mine stays and hers goes ,not happy but the wonderful government in the U.K. have got so much tax on the fuel it’s becoming hard to make money,always seems to be the workers who get slammed,but anyway any comments on the Yokohama go15 , thanks.

I am on my third set and happy with them. i find they are a good all rounder, are quiet, and i get good km from them at around 75k with mostly around town driving. They do well on gravel and sand, I have only had a handful of trips to the snow so cant really vouch for how they go in those conditions.
    NW Exceed

Comment

Originally posted by Old pops View Post
      Hi guys has anyone had experience with these tyres,it’s going to be used for very light off road,gravel and wet fields,light snow and wet iced roads,the worst thing is the wife is selling her shogun,and replacing it with a Mini Countryman all4,I’m gutted,but as fuel prices in U.K. are almost at£2.00 a litre so can’t afford to run 2x shoguns ,so mine stays and hers goes ,not happy but the wonderful government in the U.K. have got so much tax on the fuel it’s becoming hard to make money,always seems to be the workers who get slammed,but anyway any comments on the Yokohama go15 , thanks.
      Hi Old Pops,

There is a very good chance the G015 we have in Australia are a different tread compound to those you get in the UK/Europe, this is common with other tyre brands where they use the same brand and model names for marketing purposes but the tread compound and sometimes even the tread pattern are different for certain markets, to suit different conditions.
      Even though the UK has "Brexited" I suspect the tyres you buy are still compliant with the EU Tyre Labelling system.
      https://ec.europa.eu/info/energy-cli...ducts/tyres_en
      Yokohama tyres in general, tend to be bias towards performance and handling but at the expense of higher than average tread wear.

Did your wife look at the Toyota Yaris Cross AWD, it would be my pick over a Mini Countryman all4.
      Toyota reliability, up to 10 year 100,000 mile warranty and very low fuel consumption, quoted at 55mpg to 65mpg!.
      https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/yaris-cross

OJ.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Thanks for that no the new Yaris is expensive over, here I’ve had a great deal on the Mini, I’ve told her she’s making a mistake getting rid of the shogun ,but who am I ,doesn’t help loads of her friends have stupid minis well it’s a bmw now .

Comment

Originally posted by Old pops View Post
          Thanks for that no the new Yaris is expensive over, here I’ve had a great deal on the Mini, I’ve told her she’s making a mistake getting rid of the shogun ,but who am I ,doesn’t help loads of her friends have stupid minis well it’s a bmw now .
          Global cars but not global pricing, a Yaris Cross is about 2/3's of the cost of a Mini Countryman All4 in Australia, go figure!

OJ.
          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
          MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

I had these on a VW Amarok, did 100k and looked like they'd do another 15k when I sold it. Great tyres.

Comment

Thanks guys appreciate it

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X