• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Smartphone Link Display / Android Auto

All MY 16 Pajeros and on are fitted with these units.
    Discussion on Apps available, bugs, fixes and faults.

Info video here

Compatable Devices here
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club
  • pajrex1456
    • May 2009
    • Box Hill South, VIC

Thanks Dave, great to know.
    2015 NX GLX - 2" Lift, XHD Lovells Springs + Bilsteins, ARB Bar, Lightforce 170 Spotties, TJM 9500lb Winch, Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 265/70R17 on 17" factory steelies, Uniden UHF, Boo's Bashplates.. more coming!

1992 3.0V6 NH GLS - GONE!! The King is dead!! Long Live the King!!

Comment

• Pickle
      Administrator
      • Jun 2007
      • All over Oz

A review of Android Auto
      Yesterday, I took a drive from Sydney to Goulburn and back for the opening of Tesla's first rural Supercharger. I was in a 2016 Mitsubishi Pajero, the Japanese car brand's first vehicle with Smartphone Link Display Audio -- an in-dash entertainment system that, as well as doing the usual touchscreen CD, Blueooth, AM/FM/digital radio thing, […]

And video explaining how it all works
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• pajrex1456
        • May 2009
        • Box Hill South, VIC

Dave,

I'm not sure if the unit on my GLX is the same as yours, but, I'm not getting the link via USB to my smartphones (Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8, both running Lollipop version 5.0) consistently. With the S5, it will get the Android Auto connection maybe 1 out of 10 times (and then it works brilliantly). I have to keep plugging in/out at both ends and switching between the 2 USB jacks, until I get a connection. I do that with the car in P but running. And sometimes, when I leave the unit connected (successfully) and turn off the car, when I come back later and restart the car the connection is lost.

And if I'm not careful putting into the ledge in the glove compartment, the connection goes off. Each time I plug the USB cable into my phones, they indicate a USB connection and charging. But, not so the car's media center. Both USB jacks do the same. Is it possible the car's USB jacks have a loose connection?

Rgds,
        Tuck
        Last edited by pajrex1456; 25-10-15, 07:38 AM.
        2015 NX GLX - 2" Lift, XHD Lovells Springs + Bilsteins, ARB Bar, Lightforce 170 Spotties, TJM 9500lb Winch, Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 265/70R17 on 17" factory steelies, Uniden UHF, Boo's Bashplates.. more coming!

Comment

• pajrex1456
          • May 2009
          • Box Hill South, VIC

UPDATE:

1. I tried to use different USB cables, including the data-sync type, with the S5 - still inconsistent connection. Takes many attempts before Android Auto comes on.
          2. Uninstalled and reloaded the Android Auto on the S5, still the same.
          3. Uninstalled and reloaded the Android Auto on the HTC One M8 - NOW IT WORKS!!

So, possibilities are:
          - bad connector on the S5 (but then why oh why do I not have any connection problems to other devices...?)
          - compatibility issues of Android Auto with the S5 - even if it runs Lollipop.

I hope the experience helps others who run into trouble with Android Auto.. good luck.

Signing off on this topic,
          Tuck

Comment

• Pickle
            Administrator
            • Jun 2007
            • All over Oz

Your unit will be the same as mine Tuck. All MY 16 Pajeros will run this same unit. It does state that you need to use the original USB cable supplied with the phone, I had the same problem until I found the right cable and now all is good. Get it sorted and I will pass on how we get into the page I found for Mitsu future service records etc.
            Dave
            NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• pajrex1456
              • May 2009
              • Box Hill South, VIC

I did try the original cable supplied with the Samsung phone: no good, same issue. According to the forums on the net, the only USB cables which can't work are those ONLY for charging and no data syncing. Since the cables I used were able to sync the phone with my PCs, then they should be able to work...

It was much better with the HTC - but I also found that sometimes the Android Auto needs to be properly shut down, in order to get connected again. So for example, if I leave the phone connected (Android Auto running properly), switch the car off and go away, then come back and turn on the car - Android Auto may not boot with the connection (bluetooth between car and phone operational).

I haven't had a try with the latest phones which featured Lollipop or Marshmallow as OEM. Mine were originally version 4 (Kit Kat I think) and then updated to 5.0 Lollipop over Android update.

Was your phone a late model, supplied with version 5 or later Android as OS?

rgds,
              Tuck

Comment

• Pickle
                Administrator
                • Jun 2007
                • All over Oz

Running a Xperia Z2 with Andriod 5.1.1
                Dave
                NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• pajrex1456
                  • May 2009
                  • Box Hill South, VIC

Righto. Time for a new phone.

Comment

• Coreyb
                    • Oct 2015
                    • Atlanta, ga, usa

Part number

I'm trying to find a part number to add this unit to my car. Do you thing anyone can help?

Comment

• Pickle
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2007
                      • All over Oz

Tokyo, October 29, 2015

"AWA" Hands-on area at Tokyo Motor Show Exhibits
                      the demo version of Android Auto™ Compatible Music Distribution App

Tokyo, October 29, 2015 – Mitsubishi Motors Corporation will have in its booth at the 44th Tokyo Motor Show*1 a hands-on area to experience the demo version of Android Auto™*2 compatible music distribution app "AWA" which can be used with the company's Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) system.

1...From October 30 through November 8 at the Tokyo Big Sight convention center. For more information:
                      http://www.tokyo-motorshow.com/en/ (English)

2...Android Auto is a trademark of Google Inc.

AWA Co., Ltd., working with MMC and Google Inc. developed the demo version of AWA music streaming app that is Android Auto compliant. AWA is a music distribution app that allows users to listen to any of several million Western and Japanese songs and tunes for a flat-rate fee and the company plans to offer 30 million compositions for distribution by the end of the year. The company also plans to develop a feature for the app that links up with GPS information giving the current position of the car and then recommends the optimum playlists for any particular place or occasion.

At the hands-on demonstration corner, visitors to the show will be able to choose from over 3.5 million playlists just the right one for any driving scene they can imagine. They will also be able to enjoy listening to playlists compiled by over 200 celebrities as they are played on the Smartphone Link Display Audio system.

Mitsubishi Motors began offering the SDA system on Europe- and Australia-market models of the Pajero in August this year and plans to offer it in Japan on models to be introduced in 2016. The company plans to strengthen ties with developers of smartphone apps for cars both in and outside Japan and to expand the range of models on and the regions in which the SDA is available.

•Some images displayed on SDA screen

Smartphone Link Display Audio Website

Mitsubishi Connect - 「Mitsubishi Connect」は、スマートフォン連携やコネクティッドカー技術を通じてあなたのドライブと人生をもっと豊かにするサービスです。

AWA music distribution app outline

App name:

AWA (URL, http://awa.fm/)

No. of downloads:

5.8 million

Cumulative playbacks:

Over 1.1 billion

AWA Co., Ltd. outline

Corporate name:

AWA Co., Ltd.

Address:

1-6-1 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo

Representative directors:

Chairman, Masato Matsuura

CEO, Susumu Fujita

Lines of business:

Music distribution, etc.

Capitalization:

¥1 billion

Established:

December 1, 2014

Shareholders:

Cyber Agent Inc., 50%

Avex Group Holdings, 50%

■Notes

Android Auto is currently available in 11 countries including the United States, United Kingdom; however the service rollout date for Japan has not yet been announced.
                      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
                        Valued Member
                        • Nov 2000
                        • Tasmania

So what if you dont have a smartphone?

Cant use it?
                        NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
                        NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

• Pickle
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2007
                          • All over Oz

Originally posted by Ian Sharpe View Post
                          So what if you dont have a smartphone?

Cant use it?
                          Well it's not completely useless if you don't have a smart phone. No Google maps etc so no navigation but still a lot of other functions that will work. I'm exploring the possibilities of Chromecast working on it
                          Dave
                          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
                            Valued Member
                            • Nov 2000
                            • Tasmania

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                            Well it's not completely useless if you don't have a smart phone. No Google maps etc so no navigation but still a lot of other functions that will work. I'm exploring the possibilities of Chromecast working on it
                            Dave
                            Oh I see, well if thats the case , may as well put an aftermarket in there.

One that has nav, & all the whistles & one that doesnt have a nag screen!
                            NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
                            NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X