Time to build my NX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to build my NX

So, after buying our NX new in 2015, the time has come to start modding it. I sold my built 80 series Cruiser during the week so the Paj is the new camping truck. I fitted (myself) an ARB Delux bar, UHF, SPV egr module and LED spotties when I first got it and that's as far I needed to go as it was originally bought as Wifeys daily drive. She now has a new Mazda 3 SP25.
    So the list of mods to be done is as follows-

Catch Can - Unsure on brand, leaning towards Flashlube or Provent. Ordered Provent Kit form Western Filters $285 del.Fitted the Proevnt. Not overly impressed with the fit of it. Lower hose from can to the intake is kinked when fitted. Had to trim it shorter to fit. I find the bracket is flimsy as well.
    Redarc TowPro Elite and Redarc plug and play harness Ordered from Autoelecau $470 del.
    Projecta IDC25 DC-DC and Optima D31 yellow top ( not sure whether it will be under bonnet or removable in the cargo area.
    Snorkel -Thinking Tanami as I have a contact to get them at the right price. Can't get in Tanami Brand. Now undecided.
    9.5k or 12k winch with synthetic rope. Unsure of brand yet. Might repair my 12k from the Cuiser(water damaged motor).
    Suspension. Leaning towards Dobinsons MRR shocks and springs or Bilsteins and King springs. Front will be set up for the extra weight obviously. Rear will be set up soft and I will fit bags for the few times a year we are loaded and towing the camper. Really want the Paj to ride nice and don't want the bride pissing and moaning that it's to harsh.
    Probably Dobinsons MRR. Can get them for the right price as I have a contact through work with a trade a/c.

I think that will probably pull it up. All work will be done by me. I'm very suspicious of other peoples quality of work and have been left disappointed on more than one occasion by so called professionals. I have my own hoist which comes in very handy.
    Cheers, Mike.
    A few pics of the bar install.

Last edited by Stinky; 30-06-18, 08:19 PM.
    The story so far.....03 NP with fruit -Sold.
    My15 NX. ARB Steel Bar. LED spots. Dobinson MRR lift. Outback Exhaust Fat Pipe. Intervolt DC Pro Dual Battery setup. Provent. SPi module. MM4X4 Lockup Mate, Paddle Mate & Paddle Shift. Mako 12,000 winch with Dyneema.

I'm the boss of my marriage.....my wife said i could say that!

Nice work. I put the Optima D31under the bonnet. Just bought the aftermarket 2nd battery bracket (Piranha I think) and moved the starter battery into that (another Optima) and put the D31 in the original battery cradle.
    Are you going to do a storage arrangement in the back of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack ANT View Post
      Nice work. I put the Optima D31under the bonnet. Just bought the aftermarket 2nd battery bracket (Piranha I think) and moved the starter battery into that (another Optima) and put the D31 in the original battery cradle.
      Are you going to do a storage arrangement in the back of the car.
      The rear of the Paj will be very basic. It will have a floor put over the existing one which will be in two halves for ease of removal. One half will have the fridge slide on it, the other will have a access hatch to get to the floor well where the seats normally live. I was thinking of mounting the Yellow Top on the fridge slide and remove it when we camp and put it in the camper. We need to carry 2 Race BMX bikes and I don't want a drawer system that prevents that. I found with the drawers in the cruiser it just gave me an excuse to put more crap in them that I didn't need. Day trips will consist of taking the fridge and sundries. When we go camping, nearly everything goes in the camper.
      Cheers, Mike.
      My15 NX. ARB Steel Bar. LED spots. Dobinson MRR lift. Outback Exhaust Fat Pipe. Intervolt DC Pro Dual Battery setup. Provent. SPi module. MM4X4 Lockup Mate, Paddle Mate & Paddle Shift. Mako 12,000 winch with Dyneema.

Comment

why you are not in NSW, otherwise I will pick up one delux bar and go to you...
        MY16 GLS PAJERO-NON-DPF-MODEL

Safari snorkel, Nudge bar, Narva driving lights, SPVi unit, TP XP 3'' exhaust, P200 catch can, KN filter, OME 2'' lift, Rola roof racks, 2*2.5 awning,UNIDEN UFH9000, BOOS BASH PLATE 3 set,17'' factory Alloy, wrapped with OPATII,

Enjoy driving Enjoy touring Enjoy your life...

Comment

Investigate the Kings progressive springs
          2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

Originally posted by marco888 View Post
            why you are not in NSW, otherwise I will pick up one delux bar and go to you...
            Not keen to do another one. Wasn't hard, just time consuming to do to my OCD standards. I doubt that the installers go to the trouble i went to. Considering they only wanted $400 to fit and were going to use the scotch locks, for the electrical connections, that come with the bar I'm glad I did it myself.
            Cheers, Mike.

Comment

Found my rear floor set up. Exactly what I was thinking of. Good old Youtube.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4dXoEjZ4-Y

Comment

That looks great. Wish I had the skills to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinky View Post
                  Found my rear floor set up. Exactly what I was thinking of. Good old Youtube.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4dXoEjZ4-Y
                  Rang TJM Brendale(Brisbane). They only build this on demand. Has to be done at their shop. Won't send as a DIY kit. $700 fitted. Don't think that included the slide. To exy and a14hr round trip to have it done. Will do my own version.
                  Cheers, Mike.

Comment

Provent catch can fitted. Both hoses need to be trimmed to got a good fit in my opinion. Upper hose is acceptable lower hose is the factory hose fitted with an adaptor and kinks badly without trimming. Being a vehicle specific kit I would have thought this would be sorted.
                    Cheers, Mike.

Comment

I had my catch can in that position until I needed a snorkel. Had to move to other side of engine bay.
                      Dicko FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
                      Having lots of friends on facebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...both meaningless.

Telegraph X camper

Comment

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                        I had my catch can in that position until I needed a snorkel. Had to move to other side of engine bay.
                        Could you post a picture, please?

Comment

So this will be my little job this morning. At least it's raining and the temp and humidity has dropped to an acceptable level. Wish me luck.
                          Cheers, Mike.

Comment

Done and dusted. Took a bit longer than the 90 minutes stated on instructions but I am a bit fussy with my work. I didn't put the dial in the position that Redarc recommend. Instead I put it behind the handbrake in the console.
                            Cheers, Mike.

Last edited by Stinky; 04-02-18, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Righto. Decided to go with the Intervolt dc Pro dc-dc charger. The main unit has been fitted under the passenger seat with the control module on the windscreen next to the rear view mirror. I drilled into the floor and fitted rivnuts to secure the main unit. I didn't have the room for an underbonnet install. Didn't really want it there due to the heat anyway. All cabling was run through the main harness grommet and retaped. I've run a 6 b&s twin, a 6 b&s single and a 6mm twin for the feed to the fridge. I haven't run a solar input yet as I can't decide where to put my solar Anderson plug. Also got myself a hydraulic lug crimper to add to my [email protected]*$#
                              As for the engine bay side of things, I'm still waiting for my aux tray to show up. It takes a N70 size battery so the start battery will be fitted into the aux tray (assuming factory cables are long enough) and a yellow top D31 Optima will go in the factory tray.
                              Cheers, Mike.

Last edited by Stinky; 25-02-18, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X