NX Windscreen Washers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NX Windscreen Washers

Hi Guys, I have to ask a pretty stupid question of the brains trust. I have been getting the windscreen washers on my NX constantly blocked, is there any quick fix to clear them?
    Thanks in advance John
    2017 NX Second Battery, Redarc DcDc Charger, Factory towbar, Redarc Brake Contoller. Otherwise standard

There will be a build up of mould in your washer bottle. Only way to remedy is to remove the bottle,thoroughly clean and flush out pipes and probably fit new jets. No point just fitting new jets, they will clog again.

Washer bottle runs along the top inside the drivers front guard.
    White 2018 MQ Triton Sportsbar Nudge Bar Towbar EDS

Comment

You can try a fine wire to clear the jets. A spring from a pen might do it. If it is mold you will need to clean it out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Quite a few on the forum have replaced the Gen4 jet nozzles with a Honda part. It provides a better spread of spray to the windscreen. I don't know if it reduces blockages, though. There's a thread here:
        https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=62447
        NX GLX manual, T13, XD9000, Koni RAID, Ultragauge, ISI carrier, pioneer platform, Lithium auxillary

Comment

Originally posted by insect_eater View Post
          Quite a few on the forum have replaced the Gen4 jet nozzles with a Honda part. It provides a better spread of spray to the windscreen. I don't know if it reduces blockages, though. There's a thread here:
          I did the upgrade about a year ago after mine clogged up and failed and they're still going strong. SO much better.

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/honda/76810saae01
          2009 NT GLS Manual DiD, Cool Silver Metallic, OEM alloy nudge bar, Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65R17 116T, Old Man Emu suspension, BushSkinz alloy intercooler & sump bash plates, BushSkinz steel side steps/sliders, ARB alloy mesh rack, work in progress...

Comment

It seems to be a Pajero thing because it's the only car I've owned in over 50 years of driving that has had this problem and so did my brother in his and 2 or 3 other people I've come across.

It's a PITA but either removing the plastic cover in the drivers side inner guard and removing the weirdly shaped bottle to clean it out or try flushing into the bottle in situ with a hose then pump the bottle empty with the washer pump then repeat and repeat and repeat.

I disconnected the supply tube to the windscreen jets then hung the drivers side one in a position to allow me to close the bonnet with it exposed. This allowed me to flip the wipers off the screen then I held the washer switch back and pumped the bottle empty that way between bottle flushes.

I had to do that because the gunk that came out after every flush would just block the jets again. I did this for I don't know how many cycles but when I'd finished the Paj wouldn't start because the battery was too low. Lucky I have a jump start pack

Since then I've always had some sort of additive in the water and so far after about 18 months have had no more problems.

Comment

I replaced the jets with the Honda ones and put an inline fuel filter in the hose under the bonnet close to where the water hose goes to the jets. No more problems in over a year!
              NT Pajero Exceed-factory tow bar and nudge bar-Provent 200 catch can-Michelin LTX Force tyres-DBA slotted front rotors-Bendix 4x4 Pads-Sheep Skin front seat covers.

Comment

Originally posted by gazza11 View Post
                I replaced the jets with the Honda ones and put an inline fuel filter in the hose under the bonnet close to where the water hose goes to the jets. No more problems in over a year!
                not a bad idea at all...

have you got a pic of where you mounted the filter?
                Paceman's NT Pajero

Comment

Thanks guys looks like I will initially clean out the jets and water bottle and if this doesn't fix it the Honda jets might be the way. Thanks again to the brains trust. John
                  2017 NX Second Battery, Redarc DcDc Charger, Factory towbar, Redarc Brake Contoller. Otherwise standard

Comment

Originally posted by insect_eater View Post

I have replaced mine.

The Honda ones are sooooo much better.
                    They also give a fan spray, which covers the windscreen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalma01 View Post
                      I have replaced mine.

The Honda ones are sooooo much better.
                      They also give a fan spray, which covers the windscreen.
                      How much are the Honda jets, and which model Honda?

Comment

Details are in the links on Pg 1 of this thread.

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/honda/76810saae01

various Honda models
                        2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
                        MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights.

Comment

Originally posted by farcanal View Post
                          How much are the Honda jets, and which model Honda?

Keithyv beat me to it.
                          They are cheaper now. When I got them they were $16 each.
                          Honda Aust want $51 each

Comment

Originally posted by Dalma01 View Post
                            Keithyv beat me to it.
                            They are cheaper now. When I got them they were $16 each.
                            Honda Aust want $51 each
                            Where have you found them cheaper than $16?

Amayama list them for $18.88 + delivery, Partsouq have them listed as unavailable (but list $16.58 + delivery as the price), and eBay is even dearer for genuine OEM ones.
                            Silver NT VRX Di-D

| ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | Cooper AT3 LT's | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

Originally posted by geopaj View Post
                              Where have you found them cheaper than $16?

Amayama list them for $18.88 + delivery, Partsouq have them listed as unavailable (but list $16.58 + delivery as the price), and eBay is even dearer for genuine OEM ones.

Sorry, I was looking at the delivery price.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X