Australia Day 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia Day 2021

For 16 years now three Trip Leaders do an annual Australia Day trip to the High Country. Gradually growing over the years in popularity with the club this year we had 45 vehicles and 90 members and visitors. Six trip leaders this year took out members from our base at Talbotville on day trips to see the great sights this area has to offer.
    Arriving Friday and after setting up I took a group on a night drive. With seven in tow it was up McMillians until we dropped down Bulltown Spur to follow Crooked River track back to camp. Driving at night puts a whole new perspective on driving through the twenty odd river crossings and the group thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Saturday with a small group it was down Crooked River track and turned left to head up Randalls . From there we turned right on Link track to head down Gradys.Back on the tar it was up the High Plains rd to Downey where we dropped back down to the Upper Dargo river. A quick swim then it was up Stock Route to Berrigun Rd and Mt Berrigun. Backtracking to Jones Rd we took a left onto Gidley and back to Dargo for a quick beer at the pub. Up the High Plains rd back to camp saw us back in time for Fivesees with other club members. A great day out .
    Sat night is Pizza night with plenty of combinations made up and cooked in the pizza ovens we bring up for the members.
    Sunday with eight in tow it was along Crooked River Rd to Pioneer Racecourse and a left up Station Track. Here we headed to Eaglevale and a short break before heading to Dargo with a side trip to Collins Hut. Lunch in Dargo it was up the HighPlains Rd to Hibernia to drop down Randalls. A vshort swim in the river had us back at camp by 4 pm to prepare for Roast Night.
    Roast night is traditionally where members do roast (or whatever they like) in camp ovens and share with the rest of the group. It makes for some great flavors for dinner. Monday was a pack up for me and head home but quite a few stayed until Tuesday to enjoy the entertainment around the fire. Another fantastic trip away with the members .
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0439.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	559.7 KB
ID:	1073252
    Rob coming up Randalls

Name:	DSC_0447.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	527.8 KB
ID:	1073253
    Scott (Njswb) up on Randalls

Name:	DSC_0449.JPG
Views:	230
Size:	740.2 KB
ID:	1073254
    A swim at Harrisons Cut

Name:	DSC_0456.JPG
Size:	730.3 KB
ID:	1073255
    Ready to move out!

Name:	DSC_0458.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	427.1 KB
ID:	1073256
    Phil cooking one of the odd 20 + pizzas on Sat night

Name:	DSC_0464.JPG
Size:	627.7 KB
ID:	1073257
    Gearing up my Paj for another day out on the tracks.

Name:	DSC_0466.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	471.2 KB
ID:	1073258
    Roasts are nearly cooked.

Name:	DSC_0471.JPG
Size:	454.9 KB
ID:	1073259
    Getting into it.

Name:	DSC_0479.JPG
Size:	358.0 KB
ID:	1073260
    Brothers?????

Name:	DSC_0483.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	373.7 KB
ID:	1073261
    Getting ready for the photo shoot.

Name:	DSC_0484.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	267.7 KB
ID:	1073262
    Entertainment around the fire.
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Nice, good on you.

Its a great part of the country down there.

So lucky and grateful to have Australia as home.

Comment

Originally posted by jaffles View Post
      Nice, good on you.

Its a great part of the country down there.

So lucky and grateful to have Australia as home.
      Yep too right, been going up that way for twenty years now and still loving the place, although nowadays every man and his dog with a 4wd is rocking up on long wknds
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Some video of the guys heading up to Blue Rag.
        Blue Rag Track Paj Club 2021 - YouTube
        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

magic.....beautiful day for the a diddy along the top of the worked. Or that's the sense while your doing it. Nice drone work.

Comment

Originally posted by jaffles View Post
            magic.....beautiful day for the a diddy along the top of the worked. Or that's the sense while your doing it. Nice drone work.
            Yep just a pity that the fires went through that area. Was up there three weeks ago and the views are fantastic but the landscape a bit charred.
            Dave
            NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Got any photos to add Scott???
              NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
              Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                Got any photos to add Scott???
                I just sat down with one of those beers - let me have a look!

Edit: not many from the club portion of the trip.

Pickle on Randalls:

Name:	2021-01 Pickle on Randalls 1.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	496.6 KB
ID:	1073660

twisted32 on Randalls:

Name:	2021-01 twisted32 on Randalls 1.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	493.7 KB
ID:	1073661

An (almost) pigeon pair on Randalls:

Name:	2021-01 Pair on Randalls 1.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	365.0 KB
ID:	1073662

My campsite at Talbotville:

Name:	2021-01 Talbotville Camp.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	565.8 KB
ID:	1073663
                NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Of course, twisted32 & I don't go all that way for a few days of camping at Talbotville.

We went over a little earlier, and picked our way through from Jamieson to Wonnangatta. This was our lunch stop along the way:
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-01 Lunch 1.JPG Views:	6 Size:	526.2 KB ID:	1073669

After a couple of nights in Wonnangatta we drove through to Talbotville via Sarah Spur:
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-01 Sarah Spur.JPG Views:	6 Size:	808.6 KB ID:	1073671

After Talbotville, we crossed the Snowy the scenic way,
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-01 Snowy Crossing 1.JPG Views:	6 Size:	518.0 KB ID:	1073668

drove down the Deddick Trail,

Name:	image_50451.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	677.7 KB
ID:	1073670

found a camp for the night,
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-01 Hicks 1.JPG Views:	6 Size:	364.5 KB ID:	1073666

and then back across the Snowy the best way:
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-01 Snowy Crossing 2.JPG Views:	6 Size:	475.8 KB ID:	1073667

After that, we spent a few hours exploring a few interesting looking tracks on the map, then noticed the weather forecast included more rain than was going to be enjoyable - so we started heading for home.

10 days in the high country, 1 day of transit each way. The transit legs aren't exactly fun, but the time we spend over there more than makes up for it.
                  NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Wowza, great photos. I'm impressed people have enough room in their vehicles to bring along instruments (and not break them!)
                    I'd be keen to tag along one day
                    2013 NW GLX. 268,000km | ARB Deluxe Bar | Boo's bashplates | 4x4 Tough (Aldi) Winch | Underbonnet dual battery & db140i isolator | D697 265/70r17 | Rhino tracks & vortex bars | DIY rear drawers | Waeco CF40 | 60L water bladder | 2.5m awning | Vlad TC mod | UH8060.
                    --SOLD--1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. 348,000km 2" Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II

Comment

And a meet the members vid.
                      Meet Members of the Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria at our 16th Annual Australia Day Camp at Talbotville - YouTube
                      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Hey Pickle.... don't forget the "break away" trip at Eagle Vale. We had about 20 cars camping right next to the Wonnangatta river. We caught up with the Talbotville crew a few times including Waving to Pickle as we went past on Cynthia Range track. We did lot's of good tracks and had a great time.. Been doing that trip for 5 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajadmin View Post
                          Hey Pickle.... don't forget the "break away" trip at Eagle Vale. We had about 20 cars camping right next to the Wonnangatta river. We caught up with the Talbotville crew a few times including Waving to Pickle as we went past on Cynthia Range track. We did lot's of good tracks and had a great time.. Been doing that trip for 5 years now.
                          Of course, more club members camped at Eaglevale over that wknd. They enjoy the tracks on the other side of Cynthia Range and we regularly meet on some tracks . This year it was Eaglevale Track and as they were coming up we had to give way and salute as they drove past . So all up with the two groups we have around 70 odd vehicles running around over the wknd.
                          And photos are always welcome David
                          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X