Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nm pajero

Hi all im new on here so i wanted to ask a question,
    I have an issue with the horn on my pajero, i put the key in the ign go to turn it on, now the horn wont turn off untill i take the key out. Ive checked the relay, the fuse all good. I tried to do a little research but cant get a straight answer from misubishi spares. Can anybody enlighten me please. Cheers Foss

Looking at the Gen 3 circuit diagrams I have access to.

The horn will only function when the power from the coil of the relay is grounded via the horn switch, anti theft system, central locking system and key reminder system.

Power to the horn is supplied vis Fuse Home (10 amp located in relay box) this fuse supplies power to the contacts of the relay that send power to the horn and the coil of the relay.
    If you remove either the fuse or coil then the horn should stop. If this happens I would check the relay that has been removed, check that the contacts are open when the power is off.
    If there is non continuity across the contacts Pins 4 and 5, then the contact is open.
    If the contacts are closed then the relay needs to be replaced.
    Also check that there is no continuity between earth and Socket 1 of the relay mount/base.
    If there is continuity then the horn switch could be stuck on or a fault with the antitheft, central locking or key reminder systems.

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

thank you old jack, for your reply, but when i turn key into acc. mode or with reds on horn blasts away i did check yhe fuse and relay, ans also put test light in where fuse was and i noticed that id you lightly tap the horn centre of the steering wheel the light flickered so i think it may be the horn pad. i just dont know where to get on..only from a wreckers as mitsubishi haven't a clue...so what to do now????? cheers Foss

Comment

Hi Foss,

I can only help you if you clearly and accurately answer my questions.

Q1. Does the horn stop when Fuse 13 is removed?
        Q2. Does the horn stop when Fuse 12 is removed?

OJ.
        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X