Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pajero Final Edition

The end of the road, for new vehicles has been reached. https://www.caradvice.com.au/952595/2021-mitsubishi-pajero-final-edition-details-revealed/ I have loved all my Pajeros and am in no rush to part with the current faithful friend.
    2014 NW VR-X, with a few modifications and an Automate fitted Driving Pajero number three.

Here’s another article with the current pricing https://www.whichcar.com.au/car-news...-pricing-specs

Comment

Yaaaaaaawn...
      I mean come on - If you are going out, at least make the last ones really special and worth buying.....

Give it some unique features other than a badge and leather folder...
      Maybe something like...... Special trim, Unique Alloy Wheels, Different Grille etc - make it stand out - These guys are just taking the piss.....

Comment

Originally posted by MSF View Post
        Yaaaaaaawn...
        I mean come on - If you are going out, at least make the last ones really special and worth buying.....

Maybe something like...... Special trim, Unique Alloy Wheels, Different Grille etc - make it stand out - These guys are just taking the piss.....
        Agree.. Why not do something that many customers do..add some meaningful accessories.

Such as ..A winch ready colour coded alloy bar, . LED Driving lights. Quality roof rack. One off alloy wheels. Remap the motor so it gives the car some real balls. Heavy duty suspension and tow bar to really be able to safely tow 3 tonne and increase the cars gvm..If it adds 5-8 grand to the price...I,d still buy one!!

Dream on Dicko....

HOWEVER....This has pricked my interest...https://www.news.com.au/technology/m...3103f5fe0fe207
        Last edited by Dicko1; 15-05-21, 07:50 AM.
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
        If you take life too seriously you will never get out alive....

Telegraph X camper

Comment

Sometimes i feel many Japanese companies are just this way, no one can deny they have made some quality equipment over the years, but they've never really had much flare .

Mazda seems to be about the most innovative?

We sell couple Japanese brand in my field, i reckon those haven't changed for as long as Pajero's.

I mean Mistubishi could have copied Jaffles Dakar pin stripes & emblem with Cooper tyres & a fancy key ring, brought some sidesteps from Bushskinz & give it some bling.
          But know the Samurai will have none of this !!

It is not the end of the road lads, it's just the beginning of a new path
          Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier

Comment

Yaaaaaaawn...

With all the talk about the Dakar glory days, why not a limited number Dakar Final Edition? Even if it was only a mild stripe kit, some interior changes like Recaro seats, and a small front bar. Oh that's right. It costs TOO much for a farewell model. Better to slink away than remeber a fantastic model run over a long time.

JamesW
            2014 NW VR-X, with a few modifications and an Automate fitted Driving Pajero number three.

Comment

Originally posted by jkwpajero View Post
              I have loved all my Pajeros and am in no rush to part with the current faithful friend.
              Same here. I looked around a year ago, thinking I'd buy a new car and considered the utes (D Max or Triton) and a few others. I'm lucky being retired and can afford a new car but I couldn't find anything I liked better than my trusty 2015 NX so I spent money on new suspension and a head unit with Android and Apple car play. It's done 120k and never misses a beat.

I love my Paj.

2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian H View Post

Same here. I looked around a year ago, thinking I'd buy a new car and considered the utes (D Max or Triton) and a few others. I'm lucky being retired and can afford a new car but I couldn't find anything I liked better than my trusty 2015 NX so I spent money on new suspension and a head unit with Android and Apple car play. It's done 120k and never misses a beat.

I love my Paj.
                I drive a Triton was gunna buy D-Max, worked out owning a ute was more habit than any other for me?
                Prado was the car of choice, looked at MUX as i worked out it was out of D-Max stable.

Then i noticed these mums soccer cars that old blokes tend to drive , the Mitsubishi Pajero, which does have 4 wheels that drive afterall? So curious i looked bit further

I soon worked out in my opinion only, i was looking at the wrong car, the Prado carried a Toyota tax & to me not with a warranted reason .
                I'm still a member of the Toyota cracked piston page & they are still cracking pistons, which will make me feel better if nothing else if the Paj does an oil cooler!

Then the Triton stable the Pajero Sport, physically looked at both many times, Sport Vs Pajero.

I lobbed on a personally informed decision, my opinion for me only not saying its the rite thing for all, a Pajero Made late 2015 GLS MY16, 88,000k's on the board.
                $34K, 6 months rego, good rubber, VGC.

I think it will do what i want it to do, we'll see?
                Thirstier than other choices granted, but not if under load.

I love it when people say "Toyota has better re-sale", the bit they fail to look at is it's the bit in the middle that you lose that counts not how much it sells for .

If i by A Prado for $45K years later sell it for $20k i lost = $25k

If i buy a Pajero for $35K years later sell it for $10k i lost = $25k

Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier

Comment

yes funny how Mitsi use Daka in their TV advertising but in the first second or two the ol Pajero turns in to a Triton I think.

All car manufacturers across the board could make cars far far more exciting and purpose built for the buck as Dicko suggests. I'd rather pay for that than colour coded door handles, mirrors, and bumpers to excite the senses for the latest model.

Still its about selling the dream, not achieving it. Aftermarket accessories stores are in the same game. The look, the colour, the potential; all tapping into the dream.

The spirit of Dakar is no different to Land Rovers Camel trophy. Its laying dormant within each and every one of us. Not the look, bling, or dream. Its getting out there and doing it bog stock, kitted out, or the final model it doesn't matter. But don't get lost in what it is. Mituuubishi is just another company trying to make profits. They have no interest in you, your family or your lives, just your money.

I put the dakar decal on for a bit of fun, and I think for a small Japanese company at the time to win Dakar 11 times, is a very good effort and commitment. But you can see from Gen 4, the game changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonmc73 View Post

I drive a Triton was gunna buy D-Max, worked out owning a ute was more habit than any other for me?
                    Prado was the car of choice, looked at MUX as i worked out it was out of D-Max stable.

Then i noticed these mums soccer cars that old blokes tend to drive , the Mitsubishi Pajero, which does have 4 wheels that drive afterall? So curious i looked bit further

I soon worked out in my opinion only, i was looking at the wrong car, the Prado carried a Toyota tax & to me not with a warranted reason .
                    I'm still a member of the Toyota cracked piston page & they are still cracking pistons, which will make me feel better if nothing else if the Paj does an oil cooler!

Then the Triton stable the Pajero Sport, physically looked at both many times, Sport Vs Pajero.

I lobbed on a personally informed decision, my opinion for me only not saying its the rite thing for all, a Pajero Made late 2015 GLS MY16, 88,000k's on the board.
                    $34K, 6 months rego, good rubber, VGC.

I think it will do what i want it to do, we'll see?
                    Thirstier than other choices granted, but not if under load.

I love it when people say "Toyota has better re-sale", the bit they fail to look at is it's the bit in the middle that you lose that counts not how much it sells for .

If i by A Prado for $45K years later sell it for $20k i lost = $25k

If i buy a Pajero for $35K years later sell it for $10k i lost = $25k

Yes Jas the Toyota phenomena is an interesting thing to observe. I have heard of a couple people making 40 - 50k on second hand but current Land Cruiser, because they had one but dealers didn't due to COVID.

No doubt Toyota once did make a car far more reliable than others, but think the market has largely caught up. Toyota often over priced, user specked, under powered, however still enjoy the perceived greater reliability to others. Prado is a good example. Still our ex demo Prius now has 150K on it and been faultless, the next 50k will we see unless we trade it on a Hyundai EV.

The Thiess brothers sure hit the nail on the head importing Land Cruisers to replace Land Rovers when the Snowy Mountain Scheme was under way. That paved the away along with a good product to create the reputation Toyota now enjoy. Lots of dealerships nation wide also sealed the deal.

Someone said Mazda seemed to be the more adventure Japanese manufacture over others, think i agree. However this is limited to their passenger cars and not 4x4s.

Comment

Originally posted by jaffles View Post

Yes Jas the Toyota phenomena is an interesting thing to observe.

No doubt Toyota once did make a car far more reliable than others, but think the market has largely caught up. My Father has a 79 Series Cruiser ute, it has done more than 600,000 K's, does not use oil & has only ever used Valvoline 10W-40 Mineral oil, changed every 5,000k's.
                      It has the original clutch & gearbox, it has towed many horse floats.
                      It ate a transfer case along the way, which they always did as do other 4wd's
                      It bounces up & down 20k's a day what could only be called a dirt corrugated track, graded once a year
                      Windscreen surround rusted out, tray rusted off, wheel bearings, spring rubbers & springs of course.

I had a few older Landcruiser utes, tough old beasts.

A Hilux or a Prado are not this vehicle, new V8 is not this vehicle, although still not bad vehicles in reality, in my opinion

Someone said Mazda seemed to be the more adventure Japanese manufacture over others, think i agree. However this is limited to their passenger cars and not 4x4s.
                      My wife has Mazda 3 Astina 2017 model, i was at Mudgeeraba show & seen a BMW in the car park, said to wife have a look in the window, she promptly said "that looks like my car" which is does.
                      This thing is a nice little car, if anyone needs more "bling" than it's got I fail to see why
                      Compared to a small Toyota, in my personal opinion, better finished, more personality vehicle, 2.5 litre engine tuned well to the gearbox, steering also effortless, very comfortable, well powered buzz box indeed.
                      I'm not suggesting it's a BMW or visa versa, but they have gone after the European market with cockpit design.

Korean cars also have come along way, had one of them, i think they have a few more electrical glitches than the Japs though.

Maybe Toyota would last longer who knows, but the days of them being faultless not sure?

Comment

Yaaaaaaawn...

Yep, nothing of note in the Final Edition. Glad I didn't wait to see what was on offer.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X