10 Year warranty

Mitsubishi launches 10-year warranty,
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

From the link.Mitsubishi customers will still be able to get their car serviced by licenced mechanics outside the dealer network, however those cars will be excluded from the 10-year/200,000km warranty offer – and will instead only have a full factory warranty of five or seven years, as disclosed at the time of purchase.

There is always a catch that is never in the consumers favour. Also is the warranty transferable?

I have a feeling the ACCC will knock it on the head.

Comment

• Jasonmc73
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2019
      • Brisbane

Warranty helps to make the consumer feel comfortable & is generally a sales tool to a certain degree.

For argument sake, why not buy slightly used vehicle lets say $5000 cheaper with NO WARRANTY AT ALL & do your own services?

How much will you save over lets say 7 years??

How much would you have had done "under warranty"

As long as it makes you feel good is all that counts at the end of the day.

Personally i brought VGC GLS MY16, 88,000 k's with 3 month warranty.

Savings on new buy maybe $18k to $20k currenlty. It is depreciating asset anyhow.

If I spend $8,000 in repairs in next 7 years i'm still in front
      Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• dean
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007

Excellent...suits me as I've used the same dealer for close to 30 years so nothing would change.
        Dean
        NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres Eg. Any 10 PLY E Load Brand Not Important. Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2016
          • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by dean View Post
          Excellent...suits me as I've used the same dealer for close to 30 years so nothing would change.
          Dean
          Yikes.

Comment

• Ozzz
            • May 2019
            • Brisbane

This will definitely help resale value, but I guess I will keep my pajero until the day it cant move
            My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​

Comment

• Lazarus
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2008
              • Melbourne, Western suburbs

I do 200k in less than 4 years.
              NW 2014 MY14 GLX-R, auto, BushSkinz bashplates, Pedders TrakRyder foam cell 2' lift, Falken AT3W LT, Rhino Pioneer 6 platform, flip key

Comment

• erad
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2015
                • Cooma NSW

On a general note, I observe that more and more people are keeping their cars (Pajero as well as others) for longer times. Years ago, people used to trade their cars in every 2 years or so, but now the people I know seem to buy a car and keep it forever. I have always been that way, but more and more people seem to be doing this as well. Maybe it is the current economic climate, maybe modern cars simply don't have enough new features to make it worthwhile to upgrade?

Comment

• geopaj
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2007
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by Jasonmc73 View Post
                  Warranty helps to make the consumer feel comfortable & is generally a sales tool to a certain degree.

For argument sake, why not buy slightly used vehicle lets say $5000 cheaper with NO WARRANTY AT ALL & do your own services?

How much will you save over lets say 7 years??

How much would you have had done "under warranty"

As long as it makes you feel good is all that counts at the end of the day.

Personally i brought VGC GLS MY16, 88,000 k's with 3 month warranty.

Savings on new buy maybe $18k to $20k currenlty. It is depreciating asset anyhow.

If I spend $8,000 in repairs in next 7 years i'm still in front
                  That’s pretty much exactly what I do (try to always buy them just out of warrenty). I also always buy privately which is cheaper again. However, you need to have the skills, equipment, and health to be able to do everything yourself otherwise things can get costly quickly.

When I bought my NT, it was $10-13k cheaper than ones an dealers plus it had about $10k worth of stuff fitted (suspension, sub tank, roof rack, bullbar, dual battery, snorkel) that I was planning to add. Therefore I arguably saved $20-23k.

An average service usually costs about $100 in parts but the best parts are, I know it’s been done right, and I get more and more familiar with the vehicle so have more chance of diagnosting and repairing a fault in the bush should one occur.

As someone else mentioned, I also keep vehicles for a long time so self servicing doesn’t seem to effect resale (in fact, having methodical and documented owner self service history can be a plus for an old car).
                  Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2019
                    • Brisbane

For your perusal,

He is an interesting man, but the messages are in amongst the crap

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                    Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• erad
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2015
                      • Cooma NSW

I just spent (wasted) 13 minutes (plus ads) watching this. As usual, the language is gutter stuff, but in this case I think he has a point. The 10 year warranty really means nothing in my book. If you take your vehicle to the dealer for service it MAY mean something when you go to trade it is for a new vehicle, but I reckon the biggest factor in trade in price is how you personally have maintained the vehicle - how many scratches and dents in the thing, hoe clean is it, how are the tyres etc. A properly serviced vehicle (be it by private or commercial or dealer) is worth more than one with suspect history. As for the quality of dealer service, there has been enough said in this forum over the years about that...

My main issue with the 10 year warranty is that I seriously doubt that Mitsubushi Motors Australia who offer this warranty will no exist in 10 years time. Who or what will be responsible for the warranty then?

Comment

• Ozzz
                        • May 2019
                        • Brisbane

Originally posted by erad View Post

My main issue with the 10 year warranty is that I seriously doubt that Mitsubushi Motors Australia who offer this warranty will no exist in 10 years time. Who or what will be responsible for the warranty then?

Ask Holden But I dont think MMAL will close in 10 years. The renault nissan alliance has positioned MM into Asian Pacific region and kicked MM out of other markets, here is where MM live. Servicing with MMAL to keep the warranty is the biggest Bull*&t. Instead, keep servicing with MM may make my paj' life suffer.
                        My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                          Valued Member
                          • Jun 2019
                          • Brisbane

Originally posted by erad View Post
                          I just spent (wasted) 13 minutes (plus ads) watching this. As usual, the language is gutter stuff, but in this case I think he has a point. The 10 year warranty really means nothing in my book. If you take your vehicle to the dealer for service it MAY mean something when you go to trade it is for a new vehicle, but I reckon the biggest factor in trade in price is how you personally have maintained the vehicle - how many scratches and dents in the thing, hoe clean is it, how are the tyres etc. A properly serviced vehicle (be it by private or commercial or dealer) is worth more than one with suspect history. As for the quality of dealer service, there has been enough said in this forum over the years about that...

There is also if you read the warranty one other point i picked up on,

UP SELL, they say it needs doing/ fixing general wear & tear? Written also in a quite ambiguous way, for interpretation, which will definately be by no accident what i read anyhow.

I'm a salesman, not cars, so probably makes me a sceptic .
                          I read it as a sales tool, it's an "extended warranty" & Mitsy have you hook line & sinker using genuine consumables for 10 years + what ever else they decide you need to replace as general wear & tear .
                          How much it costs to administer the warranty will have a bearing on how tough they are, that's just a fact of life, might be quite felxible if it's working well for them, but rest assured the dealers mechanics whom are more than likely on a bonus for up sell will have their eyes open for possible earns they could make themselves for any extra work & more genuine parts.

I have often wondered also at the wholesale level do warranty clerks have some sort of reverse bonuses? They have a budget for money not spent etc & receive a bonus?
                          My dealings with some bigger organisations is you would have to think they do, it's like it's coming out of their own pocket & maybe it is has been the conclusion i've come too.

Bit left field but Toyota's 1KD-FTV engines in there Hilux's & Prado's must be costing a motza on a world scale, Cracked pistons.
                          Chuggy chug, choof choof, short motor is the common fix & good will warranty due to our consumer laws i imagine that is why, is becoming more & more common. Out of warranty good will warranty as we have laws in Australia & they know it.

Already one class action for DPF's for this company

My Cadogan raises some good points though

Comment

• Mike L
                            • Dec 2020
                            • Adelaide

Morning All,
                            I know this thread is a bit old, but the 10 Year Wty was a bonus to me, as I had already decided I was buying a Pajero. The "advantage" to me is if any of the electronic gizmo's fail, they're usually quite expensive outside of Wty. I looked after a fleet (when working) and we got caught with a couple of Falcon vehicles that we chose to keep longer than the contracted lease period. Parts costs add up very quickly after end of Wty.
                            Regards,

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                              Valued Member
                              • Jun 2019
                              • Brisbane

Originally posted by Mike L View Post
                              Morning All,
                              I know this thread is a bit old, but the 10 Year Wty was a bonus to me, as I had already decided I was buying a Pajero. The "advantage" to me is if any of the electronic gizmo's fail, they're usually quite expensive outside of Wty. I looked after a fleet (when working) and we got caught with a couple of Falcon vehicles that we chose to keep longer than the contracted lease period. Parts costs add up very quickly after end of Wty.
                              Regards,
                              That's it mate, if it is good for you then its a good thing

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X