No announcement yet.

Jeep Grand Cherokee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is very hard to compare the two. I used to have one for a work car (before covid) and while yes it sounded ok in the cabin and drove somewhat like a car the off road ability is lacking. gearbox has a mind of its own, and countless small problems with the vehicle. When i picked up the vehicle it wouldnt even start to bring it home so from day one i was sus. it had a ecu as the dealer broke the original in a software update (again had to leave it there) and battery discharge issues etc etc. it was constant.

On a positive side, it did tow well and was very comfrotable, the appointment was pretty good and linked to my phone without issue.

One thing I hated alot was the fuel bill. seemed thirty for what it was.

Personally I wouldnt own one for family duties as my other vehicles seemed to be more reliable and less hassle. Part for them are somewhat dear as poison as well. Definitely not a truck but more car like. If you didnt want 4x4/AWD but size there are a number of other vehicle I would probably choose over the jeep.

Comment

I never realised there was so many around until i read threads on here about them, now i notice them at least once per week!

Certainly a polarising brand thats for sure, i presume they are a Yankee thing?

All i know is years ago, i use to watch a show on telli called M.A.S.H, i seen many Jeeps always Jeeps pulling up & occasionally dodging bombs!!
      Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonmc73 View Post
        I never realised there was so many around until i read threads on here about them, now i notice them at least once per week!

Certainly a polarising brand thats for sure, i presume they are a Yankee thing?

All i know is years ago, i use to watch a show on telli called M.A.S.H, i seen many Jeeps always Jeeps pulling up & occasionally dodging bombs!!
        I think you,ll find the old army Jeeps used in MASH are a totally different beast. Bloody good show MASH. IMHO the best American TV series ever released. Many interesting articles on Jeeps history on the internet.
        Dicko FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
        Having lots of friends on facebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...both meaningless.

Telegraph X camper

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X