• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive 4X4 of the Year 2021

Best Upper Large SUV: Nissan Patrol

Best Off-Road SUV: Land Rover Defender

Best Dual Cab Ute: Isuzu D-Max

The Car of the Year: KIA Sorento

This is where they lose all credibility with Best Overall Value car: MG ZS Range

Why does that lose them credibility?
    For the price I'm sure they are good value..
    2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
    MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights.

Comment

Car of the year is the one which doesnt break down.
      Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16

Comment

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
        This is where they lose all credibility with Best Overall Value car: MG ZS Range
        As much as we may not respect the brand (yet), it cannot be ignored that they are indeed great value.
        Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

Oh my...

Somebody will be in REAL trouble.

Not a single Toyota on the list!
          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Originally posted by bennyb29 View Post

As much as we may not respect the brand (yet), it cannot be ignored that they are indeed great value.

Vehicles that are unreliable, costly to fix and have poor resale value are NOT what I call great value.

It’s a bit like the iPhone it’s very expensive but they have extremely good after sales service and up to 6 years of software support which is twice the 3 years that Samisung provides and we all know what their software is like.

judging the vehicles value solely on the purchase price is a little narrow minded.
            02 NM Pajero 3.2 DID Auto with Snorkel, Turbosmart Dual Stage Boost Controller, Kinugawa 15T Hybrid turbo with 56mm Billet compressor wheel and extended tips, 3” straight through turbo back exhaust, EGR Removal, ECU Piggyback Chip, Raw Nitro shockies, 22” Black Rhino wheels with Black Bear A/T tyres, EGT, boost and engine temp gauges, catch can, Synergy 4b Ronbox, K&N air filter, 320x300 Front mount intercooler with 3” polished inlet piping, 4 Bar MAP sensor @29psi many other mods

Comment

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
              Oh my...

Somebody will be in REAL trouble.

Not a single Toyota on the list!
              There are four actually but who cares?

Best Medium SUV: Toyota RAV4 Hybrid

Best Medium to Large Car: Toyota Camry Hybrid

Best Small Car: Toyota Corolla Hybrid Hatch

Best Van: Toyota Hiace

Comment

Originally posted by Kingmarz View Post

judging the vehicles value solely on the purchase price is a little narrow minded.
                Agree, but it’s a bit early maybe to know if these new Chinese MGs are unreliable..
                2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
                MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Keithyv View Post

Agree, but it’s a bit early maybe to know if these new Chinese MGs are unreliable..
                  They''ll catch up as the Japs did, then someone else will make cheap junk, but China is big enough to make both good & bad.

The amount of machinery & Automotive type components they make now that isn't junk is growing.

LOTS of multi nationals have set up in China, hence Trumps tarrifs to help chase his/ USA's home again.

The technology they've stolen & gained through proper channels is vast.

Interesting tense times, copyright they can't even spell that, that's just a flag for "Technology they haven't got yet", when interpreted to Mandarin.
                  Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16

Comment

That award lost any credibility years ago.
                    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                      That award lost any credibility years ago.
                      Yep. It's a pointless exercise.

Wheels Magazine lost their credibility with 1973 COTY Leyland P76. 1983 Holden Camira COTY along with a couple of Magnas, Ford Territory and the Mitsubishi Nimbus.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X