Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few issues with a Ford Ranger..I didn't know who to feel sorry for the most.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't watched the whole video, just don't have the attention span for that, but I gather air bags were installed pushing on the axle housing.

I'm assuming they paid someone for the work, and also imagine these were designed for the vehicle and to go where they were installed.

If that's correct, it seems that the companies selling the equipment installed and possibly the installer let them down. He did mention recall are the start of the video which seems along these lines

Comment

Originally posted by disco stu View Post
      I haven't watched the whole video, just don't have the attention span for that, but I gather air bags were installed pushing on the axle housing.

I'm assuming they paid someone for the work, and also imagine these were designed for the vehicle and to go where they were installed.

If that's correct, it seems that the companies selling the equipment installed and possibly the installer let them down. He did mention recall are the start of the video which seems along these lines
      Wouldnt be the first vehicle bought unstuck by airbags either..
      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
      Some days your the dog...other days your the tree!!

Telegraph X camper

Comment

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post

Yet in this case the axle housing looked perfectly ok where the airbag was mounted.
        The crush point is clearly at the place where the springs are clamped by the U bolts against the axle housing.
        2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbrown View Post

Yet in this case the axle housing looked perfectly ok where the airbag was mounted.
          The crush point is clearly at the place where the springs are clamped by the U bolts against the axle housing.
          Listening to what he said and the video it seems that it was possibly an engineering design faults as well. It would be interesting to know the actual weight he carried combined with a van over corrugations .
          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
          Some days your the dog...other days your the tree!!

Telegraph X camper

Comment

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post

Or incorrect spring and dampening rates, or high tyre pressures, or overloading or driving too fast.
            No secret that I do not like airbags but there are plenty of other contributors to major failures both on and off the bitumen.

OJ.
            2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
            MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

We're starting to see a few dodge rams down this way all loaded to the hilt some with mc mansions in tow, there have been a couple stuck on the beaches, only a matter of time before one gets sunk.

All these buig yank trucks are too damn big & too damn heavy for our conditions in my mind, small man syndrome comes to mind.. Young farmer got hold of a 6 door Nissan Titan tray back, he can't run down the freeway into Adelaide in normal gear as it is considered a heavy vehicle and he got done for not being in low range and limiting to 40kph, his young fella wanted a new F650 but was told the same story before they were banned from import couple years back, so he bought an F350... too much coin to be spent and not enough brains to use it wisely.
              All the gear and some idea.....
              MY15 NX GLS, AutoMate Pro, UltraGauge Mx1.4, Ironman Steel Bar, Kaon Intercooler & sump bashplates, Boos Rear bumper plate, KAON cargo barrier & shelf, Munji EGR delete cable, Provent catch can, Redarc BCDC 1220, 105a/Hr AGM 2nd battery, Snapshades (all rear glass) ........
              Leave only footsteps & take only photographs

Leave the tracks & camps in better condition then you found them

Comment

Originally posted by grumpmeister View Post
                We're starting to see a few dodge rams down this way all loaded to the hilt some with mc mansions in tow, there have been a couple stuck on the beaches, only a matter of time before one gets sunk.

All these buig yank trucks are too damn big & too damn heavy for our conditions in my mind, small man syndrome comes to mind.. Young farmer got hold of a 6 door Nissan Titan tray back, he can't run down the freeway into Adelaide in normal gear as it is considered a heavy vehicle and he got done for not being in low range and limiting to 40kph, his young fella wanted a new F650 but was told the same story before they were banned from import couple years back, so he bought an F350... too much coin to be spent and not enough brains to use it wisely.
                The young farmer should have taken the matter to court, as whoever booked him doesn't know the road rules! The speed limit of 60kph is for trucks & buses only. It was tried in court a few years ago, by a local Adelaide businessman who got unfairly pinged driving an F truck. There is no requirement for anyone to use low range. Just to use a gear low enough to keep a truck or bus under the 60kph speed limit without using the brakes if you're driving one.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X