Next gen Ranger.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next gen Ranger.

The new Ford Ranger released in Malaysia. Have a look at the price. Wildtrack (top of the line) RM174,388 = $56,000
    Like it or not it would be great value at that price....if only.

https://www.carsifu.my/news/next-gen...-from-rm108888

Tom
    1998 NL GLS 3.5 Auto. Bocar alloy bar with 13000lb I-Max winch & engine watchdog.
    1953 Morris Minor ute
    1990 Nissan Scargo van (The SNAIL)
    2002 X Trail
    2005 Mercedes ML350 Special Edition 4Matic

2 litre twin turbo 10 speed auto is not for me Tom.

Towing capacity is 3,500kg with an engine the size of a 2 litre milk container? Tare is 2,200kg plus 3,500kg equals 5,700kg and that's before you add people and their gear.
    Last edited by BruceandBobbi; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
      2 litre twin turbo 10 speed auto is not for me Tom.

Towing capacity is 3,500kg with an engine the size of a 2 litre milk container? Tare is 2,200kg plus 3,500kg equals 5,700kg and that's before you add people and their gear.
      I understand where your coming from. I am also of the old school "no substitute for cubic inches". Seems like the building of large-sh motors for small to medium vehicles is a thing of the past.
      Tom
      1998 NL GLS 3.5 Auto. Bocar alloy bar with 13000lb I-Max winch & engine watchdog.
      1953 Morris Minor ute
      1990 Nissan Scargo van (The SNAIL)
      2002 X Trail
      2005 Mercedes ML350 Special Edition 4Matic

Comment

"Oh look Daddy, it's a ........Hyundai"

Inside looks good though although I note they're still using the gearshift handle from the BA Falcon. Wonder if the silver still peels off?

5 year warranty says that they've finally solved most of the niggly problems. If it came with the 3.2 and 6-8 speed auto it would be a serious contender, more, market leader. This is the bar that Mitsubishi/Nissan need to clear when the Triton/Navara replacement comes out. It's pretty high.

It doesn't matter that that 2.0l engine has 500Nm torque when it's screaming it's head off. Try it from a standing start on an uphill grade with 3.5t of trailer hooked on the back. What matters is low down torque and/or gearing, unless you like the smell of fried clutches and torque convertors.

Where's the "Ford Super Select"?
        Chris

Comment

Sounds really exciting. However I,ll wait for the 950cc, 25 speed trimatic-power glide -hydro static you ripper auto box. The world has gone insane. Wouldn't purchase any of the 2 litre shite boxes...closest I,d come is the Isuzu 3 litre or I,d consider anything with a motor larger.
          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
          Some days your the dog...other days your the tree!!

Telegraph X camper

Comment

The 2ltr twin turbo runs 29.5psi in stock form to achieve its 500Nm of torque in a small peak torque range which the ten speed auto makes up for.
            I personally think it should be fine and no worse than any other crappy Ford engine and the ten speed auto would still be the weakest link.
            The 2ltr twin turbo 500Nm engine may seem highly strung in today’s terms but in another ten years probably normal.
            Remember in 1994 when the 4m40 came out with its class leading 290-300Nm of torque and massive 21:1 compression ratio many considered them to be too highly stung at the time.
            02 NM Pajero 3.2 DID Auto with Snorkel, Turbosmart Dual Stage Boost Controller, Kinugawa 15T Hybrid turbo with 56mm Billet compressor wheel and extended tips, 2” lift, 3” straight through turbo back exhaust, EGR Removal, ECU Piggyback Chip, Raw Nitro shockies, 22” Black Rhino wheels & 33x12.5 mud tyres, EGT, boost and engine temp gauges, catch can, Synergy 4b Ronbox, K&N air filter, 320x300 Front mount intercooler with 3” polished inlet piping, 4 Bar MAP sensor @29psi many other mods

Comment

Ooh look it's an oversized Bronco with a crappy nappy.....

Lets hope Sime Darby does a better job with this then they did with the botched Ssangyong rebirth here in the early 2000's, Sime Darby had the distribution rights here in Au and they absolutely killed it with parts prices and lack of availability, this mob doesn't have a good track record having lost several distribution contracts for some big name marques over the years. even dealerships dumped the brand because they couldn't get spares to cover minor warranty work because Sime Darby refused to keep inventory in country, it was cheaper & quicker / more reliable to buy parts from the Middle East.
              All the gear and some idea.....
              MY15 NX GLS, AutoMate Pro, UltraGauge Mx1.4, Ironman Steel Bar, Kaon Intercooler & sump bashplates, Boos Rear bumper plate, KAON cargo barrier & shelf, Munji EGR delete cable, Provent catch can, Redarc BCDC 1220, 105a/Hr AGM 2nd battery, Snapshades (all rear glass) ........
              Leave only footsteps & take only photographs

Leave the tracks & camps in better condition then you found them

Comment

Giving Dmax is selling 80k carsales, the new Ranger wont be cheap. I never thought 80k for that...
                My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Kingmarz View Post
                  The 2ltr twin turbo runs 29.5psi in stock form to achieve its 500Nm of torque in a small peak torque range which the ten speed auto makes up for.
                  I personally think it should be fine and no worse than any other crappy Ford engine and the ten speed auto would still be the weakest link.
                  The 2ltr twin turbo 500Nm engine may seem highly strung in today’s terms but in another ten years probably normal.
                  Remember in 1994 when the 4m40 came out with its class leading 290-300Nm of torque and massive 21:1 compression ratio many considered them to be too highly stung at the time.
                  I remember the magazines saying a 3.2l 4-cylinder motor and 5 speed auto in a car with independent suspension would never last off road and could not tow 2.5T. Well my Pajero outlasted their magazines.
                  2003 NP DiD Auto: 265/75R16 BFG A/T, dual batteries, 35mm lift TJM suspension, to do list that is more expensive than the truck

Comment

Originally posted by NFT5 View Post
                    "Oh look Daddy, it's a ........Hyundai"

Inside looks good though although I note they're still using the gearshift handle from the BA Falcon. Wonder if the silver still peels off?

5 year warranty says that they've finally solved most of the niggly problems. If it came with the 3.2 and 6-8 speed auto it would be a serious contender, more, market leader. This is the bar that Mitsubishi/Nissan need to clear when the Triton/Navara replacement comes out. It's pretty high.

It doesn't matter that that 2.0l engine has 500Nm torque when it's screaming it's head off. Try it from a standing start on an uphill grade with 3.5t of trailer hooked on the back. What matters is low down torque and/or gearing, unless you like the smell of fried clutches and torque convertors.

Where's the "Ford Super Select"?
                    If it is built like a Hyundai, that will be the biggest improvement.

I have found the 3.2L 5-cylinder with the 6 speed to be particularly unimpressive. I have driven a few in factory spec but clearly need an ECU remap. While I can't remember what my NP was like before the remap, it certainly has better torque delivery than a factory spec Ford.
                    2003 NP DiD Auto: 265/75R16 BFG A/T, dual batteries, 35mm lift TJM suspension, to do list that is more expensive than the truck

Comment

I don't think much of Rangers, I don't think any of the will be as reliable or gain reputation as pajeros .. I am.sure none of them will get to 500 000 km with original, gearbox , turbo or engine that's never been opened.This is not uncommon for Pajeros.I am big believer in bigger diesel engines and this new age 2 litre 4wd engine crap is only a good marketing gig , Isuzu is the only other option I would consider but probably won't need to as Pajero will never die

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X