Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodeo work ute

Hi all,
    You guys have always been full of good advice as vast experience so I'm looking for opinions on my next work vehicle,
    Originally I was looking for a triton but this rodeo caught my eye,
    Just wondered if they are any good?
    It's an 05 petrol ra lt model, has arb bar and canopy, omu suspension and 150,000ks,
    Dude wants 10k for it.
    On car sales but I can't get a link to work .,?
    http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...?Cr=40&sdmvc=1
    I have heard story's of bad fuel consumption, which I can handle but worst of all I keep hearing about engines blowing up, I believe this one has the Isuzu motor in it,.
    Thanks again
    Cam
    NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

i,ve owned the Holden Rodeo and the Ford Courier Utes and have to say both have been excellent work horses and both have been extremely relieable..
    if your chasing a ute i would say to go for the 4 cylinder models not the V6 model utes . keep it at the 2 litre plus but don,t go into the 3 litre class.
    also Isuzu engines are very good.
    NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

My dad used to have one, much the same as the one in the link, though his was a manual. Had it for a couple of years, had just under 280k km on it when he bought it and sold it again just shy of 300k km, had no problems but was terrible on fuel. The 4.7 V8 100 series they had was better on juice.
      Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

Hi Cam

Just earlier this week I was reading an article on the internet about buying a used Rodeo and the author was saying to avoid the 3.5 motor and get the 3.6 Alloytec if possible, as the 3.5 has a reputation for failing

Cheers Glenn
        NP Exceed 2005 3.2 diesel automatic , 100% stock standard except for the headlight globes

Comment

Originally posted by Stroker View Post
          Hi Cam

Just earlier this week I was reading an article on the internet about buying a used Rodeo and the author was saying to avoid the 3.5 motor and get the 3.6 Alloytec if possible, as the 3.5 has a reputation for failing

Cheers Glenn
          3.5 litre ute is a non necessity unless its your only daily drive and you need to tow alot.
          NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

Originally posted by dolphin View Post
            3.5 litre ute is a non necessity unless its your only daily drive and you need to tow alot.
            Hmm, got me thinking now.
            I read that it was the holden engine 3.6 that was crap and blew up a lot, I had been led to believe that the old 3.5 Isuzu engine was a good donk, used a lot of fuel but generally bullet proof ,!
            Hope I'm right as I just bought this one , got it for $9600!
            NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

Had best mate own a turbo diesel rodeo. Isuzu motor.
              Blow turbo and motor aft 12,000 km.
              I wouldnt own one. To pay for the fuel they use id rather a v8.

Comment

Originally posted by green monster View Post
                Great!

Does this mean your getting rid of the Tojo van or is this an addition?
                Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

Originally posted by green monster View Post
                  Hmm, got me thinking now.
                  I read that it was the holden engine 3.6 that was crap and blew up a lot, I had been led to believe that the old 3.5 Isuzu engine was a good donk, used a lot of fuel but generally bullet proof ,!
                  Nice Rig Dude, The Isuzu 3.5 V6 Is a Good Donk, the Diesel was a Bomb! Major Common Rail Injector Failures wrecked the engines. Don't get me started on the early 3.6 Holden donk!
                  NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

Originally posted by geopaj View Post
                    Great!

Does this mean your getting rid of the Tojo van or is this an addition?
                    addition mate the van is still needed one employee gets that an I get the ute with my new 1st year, hopefully will have a set of rear draws in it soon

Good to hear Hobbo, my mechanic gave it a really good going over and reckons it need two new rear shackles and a set of front pads, also noticed that it has extractors and slotted front disks !, besides that he said it seems to be a really straight vehicle so fingers crossed it doesn't give me any headaches!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X