Clear All

• Nissan 3 ltr woes

Still going bang
    http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Topic/....aspx%3fpn%3d1
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
    But how many out there have over 100,00kms and no issues? Only one with mine was busted wheels studs on the front (left brown stain on seat) at 90kph.
    But then again - i aint had it that long (for me).
    "Never Underestimate a childs ability to get into trouble "

Comment

Give me the Pajeros under stressed 3.2L DiD any day
      Sandgroper.
      NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

Not bagging them by any means Rugster, but.... how do you know which one is going to let go. And from all reports Nissan are standing by their customers ...not.
        Dave
        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

A mate has a 3l patrol, did the klunky klunk smoky thing at 120000km after 5yrs, cost him 6k and nissan paid for the piston, liner kit and couple of other things. Now for the good part, after getting it back and travelling 1800km he was passing a old cruiser and van and a bigger klunky, klunky, clang no more rpm showing. Got out, had look around and oil everywhere!!!!!!! wate for it........................

the spanner man forgot to tighten the bloody sump plug.

Anyway all is fix now, they put in a long motor,cost him nothing.
          By the way it was a nissan dealership.

Comment

A series 3 now http://forums.overlander.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=50020
            Dave
            NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

A friend of mine doing the "grey nomad" thing with 3.0 GU & van had the "bang". Nissan contributed, so it wasn't too bad, but it's now one more variable in their retirement plans. Another "bang" will make a serious dent in their plans.
              NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Originally posted by MFF64 View Post
                A mate has a 3l patrol, did the klunky klunk smoky thing at 120000km after 5yrs, cost him 6k and nissan paid for the piston, liner kit and couple of other things. Now for the good part, after getting it back and travelling 1800km he was passing a old cruiser and van and a bigger klunky, klunky, clang no more rpm showing. Got out, had look around and oil everywhere!!!!!!! wate for it........................

the spanner man forgot to tighten the bloody sump plug.

Anyway all is fix now, they put in a long motor,cost him nothing.
                By the way it was a nissan dealership.

Would you believe that near happened to my mates Exceed a month or two ago,his wife rang him to say that there was oil pissing out from under the PAJ .His wife was at the local BP fuelling her up at the time when she noticed the oil all over Place .They got the car around the corner to Ulratune for them to take a quick look , where it was discovered that the sump plug was just hanging by a couple of threads . Guess what !!! this vehicle had been serviced the day before at the nearest Mitsu dealer . The new alloy washer that they replaced with the plug had not a crimp mark on it , so it obviously had not been tightened at all . VERY lucky ,what a close call ...
                2007 DID AUTO

Comment

Originally posted by capemanifold View Post
                  The new alloy washer that they replaced with the plug had not a crimp mark on it , so it obviously had not been tightened at all .
                  He must have just started screwing in the plug . . . . and then the lunch bell rang. After lunch, just fill the oil and hand it over to the customer.

When I call in to the Dealer to pick up the vehicle I put on overralls and crawl under the vehicle, to check whether filter has been changed, joints greased etc.

Does the NS have ANY grease nipples anymore ?
                  Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Pretty sure there are no grease nipples Mike ,not that I can see anyway .Good idea re the oil filter ,I think I will try and mark it with a permenant marker so as to check to see that they have changed it.
                    2007 DID AUTO

Comment

I belive they do have one Grease Nipple.......on the front drive shaft UNIVERSAL JOINT (FRONT).

Comment

And another report of a 3 ltr jobbie doing the big expiry on it"s owner.
                        Jeez how many don't we hear about.
                        Dave
                        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                          Jeez how many don't we hear about.
                          Dave
                          I have seen 3 so far on the back of tow trucks (one with a caravan in tow) while traveling. Near Quilpe QLD, near cooks town QLD, near Tom Price WA.

Also saw a near new Patrol wrecked heading towards east of Port Headland.

I haven't seen any other make on a back of a truck.

Currently at Eucla WA and there is a couple with a broken down van caused by dirty diesel - they have been topping up at every fuel stop heading east. That "cheap" diesel must be dodgy.
                          --
                          Marquis
                          SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

Originally posted by marquis View Post
                            Also saw a near new Patrol wrecked heading towards east of Port Headland.
                            "You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel"
                            Dave
                            NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Looks like the new common rail GU has the big BANG potential as well.

____ just for the record I genuinely respect your posts and have found that although a 3.0L owner you present a balanced view. Probably more balanced than my view.Good on you _____ you are a great contributer to the forum.
                              But just to let you know a 3.0L common rail has melted no.4 piston in Rocky last month.

My mate that lives in Mackay and flies into a mine about 5 hours out of rocky had one of his workmates with a CRD come to work last month and tell him of it's demise and current stationary position on the back of a tilt tray on the way back to rocky. He bought it to run out from rocky where he lives to the mine. They work 9 days on 5 days off. so he travels about 1500 km each fortnight just to work. It had about 40,000 km on it, and blew on a flat strech at about 110km/h. It has since been striped and the hole was found.
                              2007 DID AUTO

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X